What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Syrian landrace

nlvigour

I believe they have with many some like the two Iranian are fresh from Iran
I got a few Iranian seeds from the RSC.... I'm looking forward to running them. I so regret not getting the Lebanese, Sinai and Syrian. Next time I guess....
Mandala Seeds, RealSeedCompany, JOTI & Nova Scotia Seedbank.jpg

Last edited:

nlvigour

I did a Syrian reproduction run. I've done that with a lot of RSC stuff. I had to write the strains on slips of paper as the ink was rubbing off on some of the packaging.

Someone tell the guy he's using the wrong type of pen. 😦

View attachment 19049891
Wow... That's awesome... Thanks so much for having done so.
What percentage of the plants would you say are semi-autoflowering?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see some pics of the Syrian beauties...

xtsho

Wow... That's awesome... Thanks so much for having done so.
What percentage of the plants would you say are semi-autoflowering?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see some pics of the Syrian beauties...

I grew them indoors under controlled lighting hours so I don't have any idea of how semi-auto flowering they are. I was just doing a seed run with small plants so I didn't take any photos. But I did get quite a few seeds. I haven't worked with them yet or grown any out just for smoke.

I've done some stuff with the Sinai which is probably very similar but haven't touched the Syrian since the reproduction run.

Schwanie

Hi ICMAG, I would like to share my experience growing the Syrian strain by The Real Seed Company.

The plants were grown in the 2021 season at the 55th parallel north. I sowed 12 seeds at the beginning of June, and they all sprouted within a week. Due to some unfortunate circumstances only three plants reached sexual maturity. Out of these three plants two ended up being female while the last was a male. The two females will be denoted A and B, respectively, from now on.

Both females reached a height of about 60 centimetres, while the male reached a height of about 1.2-1.5 meters. Female A had no side branching, while female B was branched and had larger buds than female A.

In early flowering female A and B had quite similar flavours. They both had a dark rich meaty smell like liver, with red wine and hash undertones. Later in flowering female A developed a more flowery and rosy smell, while female B developed a sweeter bubble-gum like flavour.

Both females where harvested the 16th of October. There was a bit of mould on the buds of female B, but female A had no mould. After drying and curing, female A had a subtle but very pleasant smell of roses, while female B had a sweet candy smell. The smoke from female A was smooth and the taste was exactly like the smell. The smoke from female B, on the other hand, was very harsh and did not taste well.

As of the effects, female A had a very nice head high, that would put a smile on your face, inducing a slight euphoric rush, while making one feel comfortable and content. Unfortunately, the high was very short, lasting only about 15 minutes. After the head high you would feel a relaxing body effect.

Female B had no psychoactive effect, well if you smoked enough there would be a slight groggy effect. On the other hand, it had a muscle relaxing effect that would last for hours, making one feel relaxed and calm. Even though female B had no psychoactive effect it would give you a slight hangover.

I am looking forward to growing and breeding this strain again, as I believe it holds many good and unique traits.
IMG_7804.jpeg

Female A.

IMG_7809.jpeg
Female A.

IMG_7817.jpeg
Female B.

IMG_7820.jpeg

Female B in the foreground.

nlvigour

Hi ICMAG, I would like to share my experience growing the Syrian strain by The Real Seed Company.

The plants were grown in the 2021 season at the 55th parallel north. I sowed 12 seeds at the beginning of June, and they all sprouted within a week. Due to some unfortunate circumstances only three plants reached sexual maturity. Out of these three plants two ended up being female while the last was a male. The two females will be denoted A and B, respectively, from now on.

Both females reached a height of about 60 centimetres, while the male reached a height of about 1.2-1.5 meters. Female A had no side branching, while female B was branched and had larger buds than female A.

In early flowering female A and B had quite similar flavours. They both had a dark rich meaty smell like liver, with red wine and hash undertones. Later in flowering female A developed a more flowery and rosy smell, while female B developed a sweeter bubble-gum like flavour.

Both females where harvested the 16th of October. There was a bit of mould on the buds of female B, but female A had no mould. After drying and curing, female A had a subtle but very pleasant smell of roses, while female B had a sweet candy smell. The smoke from female A was smooth and the taste was exactly like the smell. The smoke from female B, on the other hand, was very harsh and did not taste well.

As of the effects, female A had a very nice head high, that would put a smile on your face, inducing a slight euphoric rush, while making one feel comfortable and content. Unfortunately, the high was very short, lasting only about 15 minutes. After the head high you would feel a relaxing body effect.

Female B had no psychoactive effect, well if you smoked enough there would be a slight groggy effect. On the other hand, it had a muscle relaxing effect that would last for hours, making one feel relaxed and calm. Even though female B had no psychoactive effect it would give you a slight hangover.

I am looking forward to growing and breeding this strain again, as I believe it holds many good and unique traits.
View attachment 19060729
Female A.

View attachment 19060728 Female A.

View attachment 19060732 Female B.

View attachment 19060733
Female B in the foreground.
Fantastic Update... I've always wanted to try the Syrian + the Lebanese, Sinai, Moroccan and Turkish offered by the RSC. I'd love to try any quick finishing Middle East Landrace Cultivar... I'm very very very close to your latitude. Thanks so much for sharing your review. Awesome!

Last edited:

Lebanizer

[...]
How long was the curing ?

Schwanie

Fantastic Update... I've always wanted to try the Syrian + the Lebanese, Sinai, Moroccan and Turkish offered by the RSC. I'd love to try any quick finishing Middle East Landrace Cultivar... I'm very very very close to your latitude. Thanks so much for sharing your review. Awesome!
Thanks, I’m glad you liked it. I am also very interested in Middle Eastern/North African Cannabis. Especially Moroccan and Lebanese landrace strains have been the foundation for several “Nordic” heirloom strains.

I also grew the Turkish strain from RSC, unfortunately I do not have pictures from that grow, but I can write a small recap of my experience with that strain if you would like.

Schwanie

How long was the curing ?
Well, I can’t remember how long it had been curing exactly before I tried it first time. But my first test sample was probably after two weeks in the jars. The bud was smoked continuously over a course of about 8 months.

Last edited:

nlvigour

Thanks, I’m glad you liked it. I am also very interested in Middle Eastern/North African Cannabis. Especially Moroccan and Lebanese landrace strains have been the foundation for several “Nordic” heirloom strains.

I also grew the Turkish strain from RSC, unfortunately I do not have pictures from that grow, but I can write a small recap of my experience with that strain if you would like.
Hey Schwanie,

I've got the Taskgurkan X Turkish but have not had a chance to grow it yet. How was the structure of the Turkish? Did it resemble the image shown on RSC website?

I'm now looking for plants that are usually under 90 cm in height with little branching, fast flowering time, preferably with auto-genes.

Mr. Nice - Ortega = NL#1 x NL#5
Ortega

ortega.jpg

ortega_2_14_days_flower_2-copy.jpg.webp

Jordan of the Islands = Blue Northern Lights (Godzilla Edition)
Blue Northern Lights (Godzilla Edition)

BlueLightsGE-scaled.jpg

Referman Seeds = 60 Day Wonder = Williams Wonder x Ruderalis
60 Day Wonder = Williams Wonder x Ruderalis

william-s-wonder.jpg

TheRealSeedCompany - Semi Dwarf Nepali
Rare semidwarf ganja landrace from Nepal

Semidwarf-ganja-landrace-sinsemilla-domesticate-Nepali-August-40-North.jpg

Dutch Passion - Auto Duck
aHR0cHM6Ly9kdXRjaC1wYXNzaW9uLnVzL21lZGlhL2NhdGFsb2cvcHJvZHVjdC9hL3UvYXV0by1kdWNrLWNhbm5hYmlzLXNlZWRzLWR1dGNoLXBhc3Npb24tc2VlZC1jb21wYW55LWEuanBnP3dpZHRoPTUwMCZoZWlnaHQ9NTAwJnN0b3JlPWRlZmF1bHQmaW1hZ2UtdHlwZT1pbWFnZQ.jpg

auto-duck.jpg

Schwanie

Hey Schwanie,

I've got the Taskgurkan X Turkish but have not had a chance to grow it yet. How was the structure of the Turkish? Did it resemble the image shown on RSC website?

I'm now looking for plants that are usually under 90 cm in height with little branching, fast flowering time, preferably with auto-genes.

Mr. Nice - Ortega = NL#1 x NL#5
Ortega

ortega.jpg

ortega_2_14_days_flower_2-copy.jpg.webp

Jordan of the Islands = Blue Northern Lights (Godzilla Edition)
Blue Northern Lights (Godzilla Edition)

BlueLightsGE-scaled.jpg

Referman Seeds = 60 Day Wonder = Williams Wonder x Ruderalis
60 Day Wonder = Williams Wonder x Ruderalis

william-s-wonder.jpg

TheRealSeedCompany - Semi Dwarf Nepali
Rare semidwarf ganja landrace from Nepal

Semidwarf-ganja-landrace-sinsemilla-domesticate-Nepali-August-40-North.jpg

Dutch Passion - Auto Duck
aHR0cHM6Ly9kdXRjaC1wYXNzaW9uLnVzL21lZGlhL2NhdGFsb2cvcHJvZHVjdC9hL3UvYXV0by1kdWNrLWNhbm5hYmlzLXNlZWRzLWR1dGNoLXBhc3Npb24tc2VlZC1jb21wYW55LWEuanBnP3dpZHRoPTUwMCZoZWlnaHQ9NTAwJnN0b3JlPWRlZmF1bHQmaW1hZ2UtdHlwZT1pbWFnZQ.jpg

auto-duck.jpg
The Turkish plants I grew generally were short and bushy with medium width leaves. Some plants were round/globular. I remember to have read that this trait is common in this strain. It is a very interesting trait, some of the plants looked like green beach balls from a distance.

I only got one female from eight plants, and the female looked a bit different from the other plants. She was taller and had relatively narrow leaves. She had very large colas consisting of very loose buds, so no mold whatsoever.

Many of the plants resembled the image on the RSC website in the leaf structure, but mine were not as big.

Lebanizer

The Turkish plants I grew generally were short and bushy with medium width leaves. Some plants were round/globular. I remember to have read that this trait is common in this strain. It is a very interesting trait, some of the plants looked like green beach balls from a distance.

I only got one female from eight plants, and the female looked a bit different from the other plants. She was taller and had relatively narrow leaves. She had very large colas consisting of very loose buds, so no mold whatsoever.

Many of the plants resembled the image on the RSC website in the leaf structure, but mine were not as big.
HOw about the effects of those turkish ones ?

Schwanie

HOw about the effects of those turkish ones ?
The female I got was psychoactive, but not very potent. The effects felt a bit like being slightly drunk, but with no mood enhancing effects. There were not really any feeling of euphoria or bliss, and not much body effect either. But I guess there are more interesting effects to be found in this strain if you search.

Lebanizer

The female I got was psychoactive, but not very potent. The effects felt a bit like being slightly drunk, but with no mood enhancing effects. There were not really any feeling of euphoria or bliss, and not much body effect either. But I guess there are more interesting effects to be found in this strain if you search.
Total bummer dude, that sounds like a total dud !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts