What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

SubGirls Garden

Zivilpolizist

Veteran
Hey SubGirl,
Nice indoor garden you have right there!
I am a fan of C99 too 👌
Which nutrients do you use?

And about the Female seeds you are discussing I was just reading @mudballs ' try to get male flowers of a female by just hanging silver jewelry on a plant instead of spraying it with that silver solution like chemical.

And it obviously seems to work

I will be trying this with an old silver necklace too

Greetings 🤙

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Hey SubGirl,
Nice indoor garden you have right there!
I am a fan of C99 too 👌
Which nutrients do you use?

And about the Female seeds you are discussing I was just reading @mudballs ' try to get male flowers of a female by just hanging silver jewelry on a plant instead of spraying it with that silver solution like chemical.

And it obviously seems to work

I will be trying this with an old silver necklace too

Greetings 🤙
Thanks for the kind comments. I’ve never heard of that. I’m not one looking for male plants tho. Don’t have the room for them but that is interesting indeed

Zivilpolizist

Veteran
You're welcome.

I also don't do anything with males usually. But when I'm trying to select a motherplant from regular seeds, I give a clone of the winner and the most vigorous male plant to a friend of mine who is into breeding. I get some f2's or hybrid seeds from him therefore. They are more like a backup since I like to work with clones.
But I really want to try out the silver necklace thing by myself one day.

You didn't tell me how you feed your plants though 😜

PadawanWarrior

So looking at the cap junky tent, I am paying for not topping more or managing these buds. There are several colas (maybe 4-5) that are light and airy I’m sure because of landing right in front of the fan trying to pull them away from the lights. You can see the cola on the left is nice and tight solid and the one right beside it on the right fluff (I don’t like fluff buds…) but it is what it is.
View attachment 19043585

One of the plants was ready early too at just 8 weeks. I snipped the tops off her and they are drying now but the rest of the buds are not ready yet. There are a few with amber so I’ll prolly just pick this tent as needed and maybe donate the larf to the kief pile will see…

View attachment 19043586
Are those plants from seed? Because if they are then that would make sense why some buds are tight and others airy. And are you checking trichs on leaves or buds? That looks like a leaf shot with the trichs. You do know that you want to check bud trichs not leaves right? Leaf trichs turn amber sooner.

Cuddles

I’m sure any light that they see will affect them. Just my thoughts but I think the plants grow to their environment. Maybe it is not quite the shock to them as it never gets as dark as an inside tent does and any glitter of light would effect them more as a little light in the tent wouldn’t be total darkness as they are use to. I have accidentally left the top vent open one time in after cleaning my tent. It went the whole grow like this and I finally figured out this was the reason my two middle plants got fluffy instead of nice tight buds. I’m no expert but I do see a difference in how they grow outside as compared to inside. So far this year I have had no re veg so that’s good. I was super worried about them the first year but not so much now as I think they will grow around this little disruption. The proof is in the pudding tho so we shall see what this year brings.
If the light at night turns out to be an issue you could try to put one of those really large black bin liners on them. This might not be a perfect solution but it could be worth a try ?

Cuddles

Thanks again for your reply….my situation is, that I am living off grid far away , where I don‘t have access to new seeds….because of this, I am really cautious with my current seedstock. I won’t have the opportunity soon to acquire seeds again, so I am planning to make my own ones out of what I have now… for that reason, I do not want to provoke getting hermies, because making seeds of them then, would be suboptimal….last year, I closed my windows with cardboards, to not let the light out ….perhaps I am to cautious?

In general, it would be really interesting what amount of light would be acceptable…..somewhere I read, that if the light is not strong enough , so that the plant will throw a shadow, it shouldn’t matter…

Don’t know if this is really the case….
In nature plants have to cope with moonlight :)
But on the other hand many strains are bred indoors and may be sensitive to it I guess.

Cuddles

Last one (sorry to dump all this reading in your thread subgirl)

View attachment 19042585
wow, thanks for sharing this stuff. It´s really, really interesting. I though the only way to get those fem seeds wa by using some sort of chemicals because this is what I read in an interview. I think it was the guy(s) from dutch passion. this is going way back in time I think.

Cuddles

Reminds me Subie Jo of the time I am in my buddy's camper stuffed with people smoking the hash off of my gloves of a ak47.
It really was a killer
We get a knock on the door I open it and there is Vic and his beautiful date that they just came back from a wedding . She was stunning. Then she said " Is there any room in there for me?"
My heart melts and I say " Sure sweetness one second" I point to 3 guys hanging out and I point and say you ,you, and you ☝️ get the fuk out☝️".
I made room.
men!!! :LOL:

ganja.queen

I gotta disagree. Some strains will never throw nanners. Most of the ones that do have sterile pollen. At least all the plants I've had that threw nanners. Sometimes they also happen way before the plant is mature. I'd say the easiest way to make feminized seeds is with STS.
From what I understand, most will. As for sterile pollen, I'm 3/3 germinating from 3 different selfed cultivars.

Letting a plant self itself would be easiest for me. I don't have to buy or mix anything, just let the plant do its thing. I'm not selling or commercial. To each their own, though!

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
You're welcome.

I also don't do anything with males usually. But when I'm trying to select a motherplant from regular seeds, I give a clone of the winner and the most vigorous male plant to a friend of mine who is into breeding. I get some f2's or hybrid seeds from him therefore. They are more like a backup since I like to work with clones.
But I really want to try out the silver necklace thing by myself one day.

You didn't tell me how you feed your plants though 😜
Sorry Z I’m just seeing this and catching up my garden thread. The last two grows I changed up my nutrients just to try something new. I was using General Hydroponics for a couple of years.
‘I tried this Lotus line.
IMG_0441.jpeg

Although my plants grew very nice with no nutrient burn, I didn’t notice much difference in the lotus vs GH Except that it was a pita to mix up and add to my water can as it was a granular and not a liquid and I would dissolve it in warm water so it kinda added extra steps to the process so I plan to go back to the GH when these are empty.
‘I use loaded soil so I really only need flower nutrients as I transplant a couple of times before they go in their final pots so I start about the third week they are in their final pot until just before harvest. I do add cal mag tho every other water or so.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Are those plants from seed? Because if they are then that would make sense why some buds are tight and others airy. And are you checking trichs on leaves or buds? That looks like a leaf shot with the trichs. You do know that you want to check bud trichs not leaves right? Leaf trichs turn amber sooner.
some of the buds got airy because they outgrew my area and instead of everyone having enough room, some buds were in the direct line in front of the fan. I was lucky that most of the buds were nice. Yes they were planted from seeds but I do have a tent of their clones in flower now. I will post them after I catch up answering posts that I should have been keeping up with. I planted the clones in smaller pots and turned them on to flower much earlier to try to to calm them down more. I think it worked. Only have a couple of taller colas in the tent and much easier to manage. yes Of course I check the buds not the leaves for amber. All -pants were not ready at the same time in that tent either harvested for almost three weeks…

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
In nature plants have to cope with moonlight :)
But on the other hand many strains are bred indoors and may be sensitive to it I guess.
I think they have adapted to the outside lights alright so far. All four outside plants have some nice flowers already. They are super tall in their 20 gallon pots. I need an 8 ft ladder to tend to them now. I’ll take some new pics for the page in a bit so you can see them..

I think our inside tent plants are much more sensitive to the smallest amount of light change as it’s only dark and bright as heck. Mother Nature helps outside with this I think

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Hello,
As per my opinion, it's impressive that you were able to recover and get your plants thriving again. The Cap Junkie strain seems like a winner, and it's awesome that you were able to save some clones from your last grow. I'm curious to see how the Chimera #3 and Stardawg "Corey" version turn out - keep us updated on your progress! Do you have any plans for your next grow, or are you going to stick with these strains for a while?

Thanks in advance!
The Chimera #3 was really good weed but was like a vine and not enjoyable to grow. Until I smoked it I said I would never grow it again but if I had clones for it again I would try it again. It was super frosty and a good high. The stardawg was just reg weed imo and I wouldn’t grow it again

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
So the CapJunky tent is finally harvested. Got some nice weed out of them. Already had an early sample and it is very nice too which I’m so glad
a couple of shots before it went in the jars
IMG_0423.jpeg
IMG_0424.jpeg

I did try out the bud bowl trimmer on the lower buds of these plants. I must admit that it was super fast and although not. As pretty as my hand trimmed buds, I can see a place for it in my future. A sample of some trimmed with it
IMG_0399.jpeg
IMG_0404.jpeg
IMG_0400.jpeg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
The outside plants I think have finally reach their height and are all getting flowers. I have nothing to compare them to but some of my senior growing friends seem to think they are about right for this time of year. I have been treating them with lost cost plant therapy after some large rains we have been getting to fight the chance of PM setting in. So far there have been no bad issues and I’m knocking on wood and praying to Mother Nature as I say that.
IMG_0443.jpeg
IMG_0444.jpeg
IMG_0445.jpeg
IMG_0447.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpeg
    IMG_0446.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

Africanna

So the CapJunky tent is finally harvested. Got some nice weed out of them. Already had an early sample and it is very nice too which I’m so glad
a couple of shots before it went in the jars
View attachment 19053154 View attachment 19053155

I did try out the bud bowl trimmer on the lower buds of these plants. I must admit that it was super fast and although not. As pretty as my hand trimmed buds, I can see a place for it in my future. A sample of some trimmed with it
View attachment 19053158 View attachment 19053157 View attachment 19053156
Looks good enough to me.

I struggle to find the time to do trimming so one of those it will have to be.

Latest posts

Latest posts