What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

SubGirls Garden

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
i dropped a net in the clone tent today which went into flower last week. I planted these in smaller pots 3 gallon and turned them on to flower a bit earlier in hope that I can control their height a bit better then their mother plants.
IMG_0250.jpeg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Just realized I posted this in the OF thread so I’m copying it if anyone sees it twice sorry

Never had tall skinny girls But looks like I do now. These plants on the porch have all got some TK in them so I’m guessing that’s a trait they have. My outside plants are usually thick and bushy but these want to see what’s in the front yard I think. They are in 20 gallon bags and they also are cleaned up about 2 ft from the soil up but I now need a step ladder to tend to the top leaves. I put the new bamboo poles in (oh I love those thick 3/4” poles btw) but they already are taller them. They are just now starting to flower so I’m expecting a little more stretch. I kinda don’t mind the fact that they are not bushy as we get a lot of humidity here and pm can be a real problem so they have a bit more air within the plants. I didn’t top the plants on purpose since I rarely get to see them grow natural unlike the topping and S&M I do to them in my tent trying to control them. I am getting reminded everyday tho by Mr sub on how tall they are getting.
IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0279.jpeg

this one planted just off the porch is about the same height and also kinda slim. She is a C99 she also just started to bloom but I can still reach her from the steps.
IMG_0280.jpeg

oldmaninbc

Just realized I posted this in the OF thread so I’m copying it if anyone sees it twice sorry

Never had tall skinny girls But looks like I do now. These plants on the porch have all got some TK in them so I’m guessing that’s a trait they have. My outside plants are usually thick and bushy but these want to see what’s in the front yard I think. They are in 20 gallon bags and they also are cleaned up about 2 ft from the soil up but I now need a step ladder to tend to the top leaves. I put the new bamboo poles in (oh I love those thick 3/4” poles btw) but they already are taller them. They are just now starting to flower so I’m expecting a little more stretch. I kinda don’t mind the fact that they are not bushy as we get a lot of humidity here and pm can be a real problem so they have a bit more air within the plants. I didn’t top the plants on purpose since I rarely get to see them grow natural unlike the topping and S&M I do to them in my tent trying to control them. I am getting reminded everyday tho by Mr sub on how tall they are getting.
IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0279.jpeg

this one planted just off the porch is about the same height and also kinda slim. She is a C99 she also just started to bloom but I can still reach her from the steps.
IMG_0280.jpeg
Hey there Sub:) I really like natural growing plants. Having good air-flow sure isn't going to hurt anything.
It's all looking healthy. When I grew outdoors I found if a plant wanted to branch out it would do it on it's own time.
I wonder if the C-99 will have the same flavor as if it was grown indoors.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Hey there Sub:) I really like natural growing plants. Having good air-flow sure isn't going to hurt anything.
It's all looking healthy. When I grew outdoors I found if a plant wanted to branch out it would do it on it's own time.
I wonder if the C-99 will have the same flavor as if it was grown indoors.
I hope they all finish up. The c99 is my first real sativa plant. I wanted to try to grow one outside this year so I hope it finishes nice. I didn’t have the option of growing in the ground this year as the city will be tearing up our backyard starting October. Too close for comfort to me. But next year I will try in the ground again and will have more sun in my yard due to the city project.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Read through the whole thread. I love what you’re doing in here, sub. Those outdoor girls are so tall!

C99 is one of my favorite plants of all time. I’ll never forget the fruity aroma and wonderful taste :canabis:
thanks So much for stopping by the garden and your kind comments GQ. I have some cap junky x C99 in my flower tent right now that’s outta control. Everything is bent away from the lights in hopes that they don’t get burnt before harvest. They smell delicious and I hope they are as good as the last Cap Junky plants I grew. Again, thanks for stopping by. I usually hang out at the o’l farts club thread. You are welcome to stop by there too. them O’l farts taught me everything I know about weed.

ganja.queen

thanks So much for stopping by the garden and your kind comments GQ. I have some cap junky x C99 in my flower tent right now that’s outta control. Everything is bent away from the lights in hopes that they don’t get burnt before harvest. They smell delicious and I hope they are as good as the last Cap Junky plants I grew. Again, thanks for stopping by. I usually hang out at the o’l farts club thread. You are welcome to stop by there too. them O’l farts taught me everything I know about weed.
My pleasure 😌 can’t wait to see how your cap x c99 turns out. Am thinking about grabbing beans after seeing how well they’re doing for you. I’m curious how they’ll compare to the reg cap junky.

Thank you for the invitation! I’ve seen the thread a few times and wondered what it’s about. Guess I will have to poke my head in there.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
My pleasure 😌 can’t wait to see how your cap x c99 turns out. Am thinking about grabbing beans after seeing how well they’re doing for you. I’m curious how they’ll compare to the reg cap junky.

Thank you for the invitation! I’ve seen the thread a few times and wondered what it’s about. Guess I will have to poke my head in there.
I grew what I thought was cap junky last year. It was given to me as a seed. I later found out that true cap junky. Was only available as a clone. This year I planted two crosses of the cap junky one with C99 and the other with Rosetta Stone. They both look and smell about the same and should have started way earlier in flower as they take over more than the last time I grew CJ. I also have clones from the CJxRS mothers that just got turned on to flower last week. They are already stretching.
‘Yes do pop into the OFC. Nice folks there with more thread drift than you can shake a stick at…

Newbie777

Outside plant doing well too getting use to Mother Nature. No re veg on these this year yay! They are a bit behind my normal grow but they have plenty of summertime to grow up and hopefully healthy. Critter bugs and humidity are a real problem where I live for outside plants. Many I know lost plants to cats and budrot the last couple of years.
View attachment 19025845
Got one question regarding the positioning your plants…won’t they get negatively affected by light sources from your house?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Got one question regarding the positioning your plants…won’t they get negatively affected by light sources from your house?
I worried about that the first year as I have a light on my porch which pops on when I let the dogs out and sometimes randomly. I don’t think it caused any problems although I did have some reveg both years in this spot my plants turned around but I blamed the reveg on me putting them out too early and too big. The jury is still out on weather or not the light is an issue. I do think that the plants adapt to their environment. This year I put them out as tiny seedlings later than normal. They are starting to flower now. I have a very shady yard and the porch is my best sunny spot. Next year I will have more sun in the back of my yard to plant directly in the ground. This is only my third year growing outside but I’ve been lucky to have grown some pretty good weed outside. I’ve also lost a few plants to bud rot too so I’m also fighting that all the time. I’ve learned some lessons and am always trying new things but it all is in mother natures hands

Newbie777

I worried about that the first year as I have a light on my porch which pops on when I let the dogs out and sometimes randomly. I don’t think it caused any problems although I did have some reveg both years in this spot my plants turned around but I blamed the reveg on me putting them out too early and too big. The jury is still out on weather or not the light is an issue. I do think that the plants adapt to their environment. This year I put them out as tiny seedlings later than normal. They are starting to flower now. I have a very shady yard and the porch is my best sunny spot. Next year I will have more sun in the back of my yard to plant directly in the ground. This is only my third year growing outside but I’ve been lucky to have grown some pretty good weed outside. I’ve also lost a few plants to bud rot too so I’m also fighting that all the time. I’ve learned some lessons and am always trying new things but it all is in mother natures hands
Thanks a lot for your reply…what about the light inside the house …won’t it affect the plants outside as well or is it too weak for this?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Thanks a lot for your reply…what about the light inside the house …won’t it affect the plants outside as well or is it too weak for this?
I’m sure any light that they see will affect them. Just my thoughts but I think the plants grow to their environment. Maybe it is not quite the shock to them as it never gets as dark as an inside tent does and any glitter of light would effect them more as a little light in the tent wouldn’t be total darkness as they are use to. I have accidentally left the top vent open one time in after cleaning my tent. It went the whole grow like this and I finally figured out this was the reason my two middle plants got fluffy instead of nice tight buds. I’m no expert but I do see a difference in how they grow outside as compared to inside. So far this year I have had no re veg so that’s good. I was super worried about them the first year but not so much now as I think they will grow around this little disruption. The proof is in the pudding tho so we shall see what this year brings.

Newbie777

I’m sure any light that they see will affect them. Just my thoughts but I think the plants grow to their environment. Maybe it is not quite the shock to them as it never gets as dark as an inside tent does and any glitter of light would effect them more as a little light in the tent wouldn’t be total darkness as they are use to. I have accidentally left the top vent open one time in after cleaning my tent. It went the whole grow like this and I finally figured out this was the reason my two middle plants got fluffy instead of nice tight buds. I’m no expert but I do see a difference in how they grow outside as compared to inside. So far this year I have had no re veg so that’s good. I was super worried about them the first year but not so much now as I think they will grow around this little disruption. The proof is in the pudding tho so we shall see what this year brings.
Thanks again for your reply….my situation is, that I am living off grid far away , where I don‘t have access to new seeds….because of this, I am really cautious with my current seedstock. I won’t have the opportunity soon to acquire seeds again, so I am planning to make my own ones out of what I have now… for that reason, I do not want to provoke getting hermies, because making seeds of them then, would be suboptimal….last year, I closed my windows with cardboards, to not let the light out ….perhaps I am to cautious?

In general, it would be really interesting what amount of light would be acceptable…..somewhere I read, that if the light is not strong enough , so that the plant will throw a shadow, it shouldn’t matter…

Don’t know if this is really the case….

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Thanks again for your reply….my situation is, that I am living off grid far away , where I don‘t have access to new seeds….because of this, I am really cautious with my current seedstock. I won’t have the opportunity soon to acquire seeds again, so I am planning to make my own ones out of what I have now… for that reason, I do not want to provoke getting hermies, because making seeds of them would be suboptimal….
I’m knocking on wood right now but none of my plants have ever hermed but I know many folks that say they start to herm at the end of flower almost every time. My tent conditions are always hot and humid. I tell my plants they are on a tropical island and they adapt.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Thanks again for your reply….my situation is, that I am living off grid far away , where I don‘t have access to new seeds….because of this, I am really cautious with my current seedstock. I won’t have the opportunity soon to acquire seeds again, so I am planning to make my own ones out of what I have now… for that reason, I do not want to provoke getting hermies, because making seeds of them then, would be suboptimal….last year, I closed my windows with cardboards, to not let the light out ….perhaps I am to cautious?

In general, it would be really interesting what amount of light would be acceptable…..somewhere I read, that if the light is not strong enough , so that the plant will throw a shadow, it shouldn’t matter…

Don’t know if this is really the case….
why won’t you be able to acquire seeds. You so remote you don’t have an address?

ganja.queen

I’m knocking on wood right now but none of my plants have ever hermed but I know many folks that say they start to herm at the end of flower almost every time. My tent conditions are always hot and humid. I tell my plants they are on a tropical island and they adapt.
I’ve read many strains will at the very end of flower and it’s an indicator bud is ripe. Apparently, it’s a “natural” way to get fem seeds.

ganja.queen

I will dig through the book and see if that only applies to plants that were chemically induced or produced male flowers at the end of flowering. Maybe those are 100% hermies without chems (I’m still learning haha)