What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

Loriented

You’re making me miss my sunsets. It’s the one thing I don’t have to my satisfaction like I used to
How bout sunrise
1000013224.jpg
1000013225.jpg
1000013223.jpg

Drumskinz

Airflow is needed. They say depending on the type of Tomato determines how much pruning and thinning should be done. If you prune Determinate ones, you will get less fruit. Determinate tomatoes grow to about 4 or 5 feet tall, stop growing, and begin producing fruit. All fruit on a determinate tomato plant ripens within about 4 to 6 weeks. Indeterminate tomatoes, on the other hand, don't stop growing at a defined height. Instead, they continue to put on new foliage, flowers, and fruit for months
Yeah all my tomato plants are indeterminate…I’ve got Big Mama Paste which are a huge roma tomato with a small seed cavity…doesn’t take many of these to make a big batch of sauce…Black Krim which is a heirloom large sandwich variety that has a purplish green color to them and are super tasty also pretty much my favorite all around tomato…they don’t look pretty but boy they are delicious…then I have some Big Beef and Beefmaster tomato plants for their large size to fit a whole slice of them on a sandwich with just mayo, garlic, salt and pepper…almost forgot one of my big mama plants didn’t make it so I got one called Pineapple which is a golden colored low acid tomato which could get to a pound or more in size

Loriented

Yeah all my tomato plants are indeterminate…I’ve got Big Mama Paste which are a huge roma tomato with a small seed cavity…doesn’t take many of these to make a big batch of sauce…Black Krim which is a heirloom large sandwich variety that has a purplish green color to them and are super tasty also pretty much my favorite all around tomato…they don’t look pretty but boy they are delicious…then I have some Big Beef and Beefmaster tomato plants for their large size to fit a whole slice of them on a sandwich with just mayo, garlic, salt and pepper…almost forgot one of my big mama plants didn’t make it so I got one called Pineapple which is a golden colored low acid tomato which could get to a pound or more in size
Nice. I learned to thin flowers off my big Brandywines, leaving only 1 or 2 per vine, they get bigger. Tried that on some of the other ones as well.
Got all mine from the Amish this year, but I am going to try to keep seeds and try to keep some suckers/cuttings alive this winter. Never did that before.
1000013227.jpg
1000013228.jpg
1000013229.jpg
1000013230.jpg
1000013231.jpg
1000013232.jpg
1000013233.jpg

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are inspiring me to take up the tomato habit

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice. I learned to thin flowers off my big Brandywines, leaving only on or 2 per vine, they get bigger. Tried that on some of the other ones as well.
Got all mine from the Amish this year, but I am going to try to keep seeds and try to keep some runners/cuttings alive this winter. Never did that before.
View attachment 19041534 View attachment 19041535 View attachment 19041536 View attachment 19041537 View attachment 19041538 View attachment 19041539 View attachment 19041540
You too

Latest posts

Latest posts