What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I sent this pic to the NWS and PSU.
I asked of it was a fogbow.
They both say it is a low angle rainbow.
Fogbows are White. This just proves to me that the mountain makes it's own weather. There had to be raindrops in that fog, which is cool, but the storm was long gone.

PSU Thanks for sending in this photo! This was a good point of conversation amongst the Weather & Climate Communications Group today as a fogbow would be more white. You typically need bigger drops for color, so a rather high sun angle and some residual light rain falling between the mountain means this was probably a low-hanging rainbow. A unique snapshot, no less, with you at the right vantage point at just the right time. Thanks again for sharing! We may feature this as a Photo of Week in future weeks!

NWS
Incredible shots, We snapped a similar photo out our window in State College at the same time yesterday. Thinking it's a rainbow technically, low to the horizon because of the sun angle still being around 31 degrees, and how far away the storm is. The ridgeline right behind the rainbow in your shots looks awesome. Would it be OK if we save off your photos and potentially use them in future NWS media?
Thanks again!
This is the NWS shot.
View attachment 19050888
I like your shot much better… I hope they use it

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_2800.gif

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
buddies dad was finishing up his last yr college in 77 went to the barton hall show said it was hot and packed funny to the tape he gifted me you could hear bobby telling everyone in the front row to take a step back and another step back its burned in my brain played that tape out!!
some supplication to start yer morning

Sometimes it's fun to go on Archive dot org and explore all the shows looking for hidden gems. Other times its nice to just put on something tried and true and eat some goodies to help melt into it. This show has been on my list of most often tripped too for a couple decades at least.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
buddies dad was finishing up his last yr college in 77 went to the barton hall show said it was hot and packed funny to the tape he gifted me you could hear bobby telling everyone in the front row to take a step back and another step back its burned in my brain played that tape out!!
some supplication to start yer morning

You guys need to check out grateful toons ! :)
Sometimes it's fun to go on Archive dot org and explore all the shows looking for hidden gems. Other times it’s nice to just put on something tried and true and eat some goodies to help melt into it. This show has been on my list of most often tripped too for a couple decades at least.

Latest posts

Latest posts