What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
almost had a heart break :cry:this is happened before and I got lucky again I put my turtle out in the sun and then came back she was gone I panicked but I followed a clue ... cookie noticed this little Divet ... the turtle laid in infertile egg luckily I found her
34A69641-96BC-4D91-AF58-9DAEE582A5CA.jpeg
98FBF9A1-B2E2-4970-9538-A0FD79C9DC57.jpeg
9513E95D-6A73-41A5-9900-3AE4D57A0F39.jpeg

oldmaninbc

Maybe Pileated Woodpecker
Those are a big woodpecker, we have Pileated woodpeckers here.
I use to work at a historic site, it was in a rural setting. Upon coming to work one morning I found the remains of a Pileated on a tree stump, mostly just it's head. There were hawks and owls in the area as well. I felt sorry for the Pileated, they are big and beautiful birds.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mac is still holding its value …I don’t do it anymore but have a friend who inherited the mantle he can’t keep up with demand he’s getting $1600 a pound no problem …still not enough for me.. Mac is a lot of work and take some time. It’s got to be done indoors to get that top dollar.
I’ve got my goldfish in a 300 gallon stock tank outback. They started out as 20 sent half inch feeder fish for my turtle but they turned into pets right now they run 5 to 7 inches and fat.

oldmaninbc

Mac is still holding its value …I don’t do it anymore but have a friend who inherited the mantle he can’t keep up with demand he’s getting $1600 a pound no problem …still not enough for me.. Mac is a lot of work and take some time. It’s got to be done indoors to get that top dollar.

I’ve got my goldfish in a 300 gallon stock tank outback. They started out as 20 sent half inch feeder fish for my turtle but they turned into pets right now they run 5 to 7 inches and fat.
The fish in the photo I took at the Japanese garden, they have several, many different colors. I like to sit and watch them. Some are quite large.

I knew you had some, that's why the photo.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't knew you have a turtle, it's cute. :pimp3:

I found this little thing today on a forest road, just shook his head a little but never moved it's body when i touched with a piece of wood. Poor thing. 🥺

View attachment 19010670 View attachment 19010671

What kind of bird is that? Do you know?

Found this pic but it's not readable. Some kind of woodpecker maybe!?

View attachment 19010698

It’s a woodpecker, you should see if you have a wildlife rehabilitation place near.
@Mitsuharu

Possibly a Ladder-backed woodpecker, maybe.
difficult to identify … definitely a juvenile …

oldmaninbc

Yep :) but a big difference $ between that fancy Koi and my humble goldfish…
I just found out recently that one of the local lakes has a growing population of goldfish, I am not so sure they are a welcome species.
I copied the below line from a news article.
Yellow Lake, southwest of Penticton, has become a giant gold fish bowl.