What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

Loriented

1000012070.jpg

renne

I’m sure your gonna have a lot of space to cover w your outdoor plants Starcrash but was watching a video on gardeners using planks of wood they would wet down and when they went out to the garden they’d flip over and all the slugs 🐌 and snails 🐌 would be on the board when the rest of the area is hot and dry, collect and do as they please to discard, growing on the west coast we have big banna slugs and I would use water system salt pellets and put those around my outdoor plants, theres two dif types here one a more rough crushed salt and another that is pressed and forged so lasts weeks and weeks outdoor in the rain

renne

Only thing is it def kills the grass for a long time on the area your putting around the pots/plants but if definitely keeps them away

I’d see people spending money on slug and snail bait that is just granular and would wash away first couple of rains so I decided to use this

Drumskinz

terro ant bait,they take it into the nest and it kills the nest...or powdered boric acid
Yeah I usually get the liquid tubes that you twist the end off and set on a piece of aluminum foil near wherever I see them entering my house…kitchen counter is always a hot spot…first there is a colony of small ants raiding the trap then the next day they’re gone…shortly thereafter the larger carpenter ants come in and they basically cover the whole trap just to get some death nectar and again the next day there’s maybe a couple of stragglers and an empty terro ant trap… matter of fact there’s a trap sitting by my sink as we speak…they get crazier when there hasn’t been much rain

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m sure your gonna have a lot of space to cover w your outdoor plants Starcrash but was watching a video on gardeners using planks of wood they would wet down and when they went out to the garden they’d flip over and all the slugs 🐌 and snails 🐌 would be on the board when the rest of the area is hot and dry, collect and do as they please to discard, growing on the west coast we have big banna slugs and I would use water system salt pellets and put those around my outdoor plants, theres two dif types here one a more rough crushed salt and another that is pressed and forged so lasts weeks and weeks outdoor in the rain
those are good tips when I get these containers over to my other place gonna start them stacked on the wood pallets I already have there… still deciding about sinking them in the ground or not. I had a problem last year because the water table is really high. Also digging is a lot of hard work. Those other boys broke the auger (it’s replaceable.) I’m just not sure where my mindset is yet…

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
had to ants home about three weeks ago forced me to clean up the crumbs but they’re already gone usually theyparade in a single line. I can trace it 50 feet outside…

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Drinking coffee :coffee:it looks overcast outside gonna start some chores probably take it easy …worn out from pushing that lawnmower. Yesterday one more third of that to do also need to get the brush cutter out the other place knocking down those paths, etc..

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My friend going to sink 200 plants, chicken poop blood meal, and gypsum pellets … he’s got someone showing up with a skid steer and a post hole driller

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
My friend going to sink 200 plants, chicken poop blood meal, and gypsum pellets … he’s got someone showing up with a skid steer and a post hole driller

my friend got one of them attachments to his skidsteer yrs back we were in a rush banging out holes in a field one side of the driller wasnt clamped n kicked off and hit another friend in the hip i never seen a bruise so big with so many colors. big ouch

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same dude I was talking about lost half his foot riding shotgun on a tractor with a brush hog doing a field they hit a stump he went flying.. they had to airlift out with the helicopter

Latest posts

Latest posts