What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

South Egyptian/Sudanese bango...(any info greatly apprieciated).

B

BeAn

:wave: :wave:

Title pretty much says it all, braught back some pips from the sinai...come to the guesstimational conclusion that they are most likely from sudan..(may pop some in the near future, when i do...it will be documented here)...:chin:

Jah bless..:rasta:

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
very interesting!!! would love to see what sprouts....:woohoo:

thanks for taking your seed adventure!!! be safe....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

B

BeAn

Put some in for germ a couple of days ago, a few are shedding their shells now...to try and keep things as close to real as possible, they are bieng grown in cacti soil. :D

Pics to come as soon as the green bits show. :lurk:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi BeAn, hope you had a great time on the Sinai! You were in Dahab, right?
How prevalent was the weed scene? Sudan/S. Egypt is a long way off, was there a story behind this?
Will be interesting to see if these have any resembalance to BH's Egyptian he scored in Luxor. Also worth comparing to the Ethiopian Alfred C is running now.
Best wishes, HL

B

BeAn

Pure speculation...

Pure speculation...

Hey Highlighter, hows it growing! :wave:

Had a great time thank you, was staying in N'ama Bay at the southernmost point of the Sinai desert...not Dahab, i was told Dahab is the place for scoring smoke and prostitutes though lol. There was no story behind these beans, they came from a bag of shwag that was a gift...since coming back and researching the possible origins of the pips, i came to think that they are most probably from sudan..(googled the name 'Bango', and came up with somthing about sudanese herb...):chin:

As we're not entirely sure where these came from, im open to suggestion...:D

The weed scene there is outweighed by the hashish, thats about all i know...going back in April, should be able to find out more now that i have friends there. :joint:

Would be good to compare to others genetics, seems this is an interesting region with possibilities of some great and unique individuals.. :lurk:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
next stop,, the cotyledons :D

please keep us updated buddy :friends: :joint:

I n I will be watching this thread :canabis:

LivingTheDream

A lot of the Bedoins grow. The best weed and hash by far is in the Sinai and Alexandria. The weed that I have smoked called "bango" is alright, but the hash is much much better. I only use the bango instead of tobacco for spliffs. I get 10 "Ears" of skinny seedy colas about 10 inches long for 19 dollars U.S. It takes me 1 cola to get high. . .

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is what we call fun,,, :D who-t-f knows what might appear,,, :chin: :D

growing out commercial strains has its benefits but sowing out something unusual is out-right exciting,, takes us back to when we'd grow the best seed from the best erb we'd been smoking,, and reap the rewards.

keep sowing, loving, learning all dudes n dudesses,,
who knows what might grow on. :canabis:

G

I just grew some Egyptian beans, and have one more flowering now. Here's a couple of pics of the one I harvested a bout 4 weeks ago:

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

G

She turned a bit purple and threw out some single stamen male flowers at 65 days, so I harvested her at 70, could have gone 75. Intrigulign plant, not the most potent, but interesting smoke, if a bit leafy. Some shot of the dried product:

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

G

I have a third Egyptian lady about 4 weeks into 12/12 now, she looks quite different. She has a little overfert as you can see from the glossy topmost leaves, but nothing serious. She hasn't suffered from ph or nute problems like the other one.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Love those Egyptians, they always bring memory´s from the trip and that first grade sativa(assume..) charas :yummy:

Any outcrosses in mind with that Egyptian? I think it would be great idea to "preserve" some of the genes in that form, as side from the pure line. You should have the right arsenal to do it my man :wink:

G

I crossed the one I have already harvested to my Purple Afghan male. I think there might be something interesting to be found in that cross, two P1s, so a true F1.

I've cloned this third lady for future work. It's not a very uniform strain it appears though, all 3 females were/are quite different.