What's new

SOG - Diesel (64) - 1K - Botanicare

muddywaters

nice grow.

i have a sunhut xl, i've been thinking about doing a run like yours with lots of plant and less veg time. i'm real interested on what you yeilded off this run.

props, good luck.

B

Bud Bug

nice grow.

i have a sunhut xl, i've been thinking about doing a run like yours with lots of plant and less veg time. i'm real interested on what you yeilded off this run.

props, good luck.

These reason I did these because some people I talked to over the years said they used 1 gal pots all the way through I always though they would not finish good so decided to try it out. I went from 36 > 49 > 64.

On the next set up I'll be going with two DR 100L tents butted together with the side wall removed and turned into one room. I'm thinking of doing 3 2X3 tables in there instead of pots. Seeing from other SOG set up they seem to get better root growth that way.

muddywaters

ya, saw that other post after i posted and did the math on it. i bet you could fine tune it and pull a half oz per plant.

i tried out afew clone to flower my last run with some afghan x skunk and pullede a half off each one. thats when i thought about doing a run like your. my huts alil over 5x5 so i could pack a good amount into it.

those were still a few weeks before chop, i don't really keep up with pics.

i think i'm start some more mother plants and getting it going.

good luck, bro. nice work.

How tall are these plants before you flower them and what height are they now? What dimensions is your tent ? And also you pot container size 3/4 gal interesting =) When i started to look at the pics in the begining i was like no way these will flower and all fit in there with sufficeint light coverage but man it looks amazing please fill us in on more details... Is this a lowryder strain ? Do you top them at all? 7.5 weeks from strat to finish?? are they autoflowers lol ?

Bookmared:dance013:

B

Bud Bug

How tall are these plants before you flower them and what height are they now? What dimensions is your tent ? And also you pot container size 3/4 gal interesting =) When i started to look at the pics in the begining i was like no way these will flower and all fit in there with sufficeint light coverage but man it looks amazing please fill us in on more details... Is this a lowryder strain ? Do you top them at all? 7.5 weeks from strat to finish?? are they autoflowers lol ?

Bookmared:dance013:

They were from clones that just rooted. They are 29 days in right now and anywhere from 12-15" tall (last time most of them got taller by about 2-3" not sure why this time they didn't stretch out that much).

I put them under 6 T5's for 24/7 light for two days then went to 12/12 since they are from clones they will flower right away.

This is some kind of Diesel strain, smells like a lemon so I'd imagine its Lemon Diesel (LSD)? No topping at all and 7.5 weeks or less from planting to cutting.

The tent is a Dark Room 120. The ballast is a 1000W Lumatek with a 1000W Ushio Opti red bulb.

I think those containers are too small for Coco as they are fairly root bound and last time I grew them in 1 gal pots with ProMix HP/Perlite and the roots where no where as big as this time. The coco seems to create quite the root growth.

Also I water them about 250-350ml's every two days.

B

Bud Bug

Photos from yesterday Day 30

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Wow!! A diesel influenced strain that finishes in under 8 weeks... Good shit bruh, nice work B.O.G.

IT'S Looking very nice in your tent, I am doing something similar with 2 x 600's in a 4 x 8 tent with some blue cheese (69 clones in 1 gal grobags) yours are a few days ahead of mine though. I would have liked to have given mine 2/3 more days veg (they got 3 days under a 600w). A friend is running the same strain under a few more lights, vegged 2 days longer and his look perfect height and spacing wise - he has 24 per 600w.

Seems your watering by hand, how often do you have to water them?

Here's a couple pics of my lot kinda ghetto :D and definitely not as nice looking as yours! :tiphat:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=45673&d=1266462527

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=45691&d=1266464938

B

Bud Bug

Wow!! A diesel influenced strain that finishes in under 8 weeks... Good shit bruh, nice work B.O.G.

Off hand I can't tell you what Diesel strain this is, the person I get the clones from just calls it Diesel. From week 4 till the end it smells very lemony and its super sticky. The hairs turn read very fast at week 7-7.5 When its dry it smells fruit punchy.

Seems your watering by hand, how often do you have to water them?

Day 1 (water) Day 2 (no water) Day 3 (water) By the third day they are almost wilting.

Looks good. Already turning red?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi mate, the red pistils were down to some stress they caught while being sprayed down with the thrip killer stuff, they have since started to put the white hairs back out, those pics are about 1 week after they were sprayed so I suppose they are still recovering hence the few orange/reds.

Thanks for your watering regime, seems that is working very nicely for u. How much are you giving each one?

BTW here's what a few looked like last week :D Was shocked to say the least...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=44926&d=1266036235

B

Bud Bug

Thanks for your watering regime, seems that is working very nicely for u. How much are you giving each one?

Since I'm only in 3/4 gal pots I only water them with 250-300mls of water. This is enough to flush out of the pots. Normally in two gal pots I don't go over 750 ml's per pot.

autofire

Bud Bug,
cant wait to see how this turns out. I am starting my room next week and am still not sure how I am going to do my medium for this SOG. I just picked up my promix, but usally only do 20% perlite, 20% worm casting. But wondering how the coco mix worked out for you over the 50/50 perlite,promix. Also I am not sure i saw a big difference when using the worm castings, i notice that you dont use them, have you ever tried ?

B

Bud Bug

Bud Bug,
cant wait to see how this turns out. I am starting my room next week and am still not sure how I am going to do my medium for this SOG. I just picked up my promix, but usally only do 20% perlite, 20% worm casting. But wondering how the coco mix worked out for you over the 50/50 perlite,promix. Also I am not sure i saw a big difference when using the worm castings, i notice that you dont use them, have you ever tried ?

So far its looking like similar weight (64 plants) as the last with 49 plants.

Problem is I never stick to the same think and this time I went from 1 gal pots to 3/4 gal., straight coco and Botanicare which is almost 180 degree change from the last crop.

I have noticed a huge increase in plants odor and resin production compared to the FloraNova but the buds are not as full as the Nova. This could be because of the plants being more crowded.

We'll see only got about 1.5 weeks to go.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
W'sup Bud Bug...

I am using drippers now because it's a pita to hand water them all with my new schedule at work conflicting with the lights on time it makes life easier.

Just workin out how much to give em, so the info on what your watering comes in handy. How are yours doing now man? Just stuck up some pics on my thread of mine at 5 weeks. Got any new pics of your lot for us dude?

BTW I get very jealous when viewing how uniform your canopy is! :D

B

Bud Bug

W'sup Bud Bug...

I am using drippers now because it's a pita to hand water them all with my new schedule at work conflicting with the lights on time it makes life easier.

Just workin out how much to give em, so the info on what your watering comes in handy. How are yours doing now man? Just stuck up some pics on my thread of mine at 5 weeks. Got any new pics of your lot for us dude?

BTW I get very jealous when viewing how uniform your canopy is! :D

I'll post more photos in a few hours.

Relentless

Veteran
nice! ive got a purple wreck strain that is a single cola pheno by nature.. been wanting to run 30 in 2gals with a week or less vegd rooted clones under 1200w hps.

ill be watching this one! looks great so far!!!

autofire

I think I am going to go with the 50/50 perlite promix, looked liked it worked good for you on your last grow. I use fox farm nutes, never tried anything else. I would be willing to go another way if many peaple thought I was missing out by using them. I ordered the sun leaves 2 gal grow bags, I should almost be able to fit 4 per sq' as the are 5.75 x 6.5
Cant wait to see your new pics, hope you yield better than last time. Have you ever tried
vegging for a couple weeks and then flowering ? Lollipoping to keep 1 cola and max light penetration ?

B

Bud Bug

I think I am going to go with the 50/50 perlite promix, looked liked it worked good for you on your last grow. I use fox farm nutes, never tried anything else. I would be willing to go another way if many peaple thought I was missing out by using them. I ordered the sun leaves 2 gal grow bags, I should almost be able to fit 4 per sq' as the are 5.75 x 6.5
Cant wait to see your new pics, hope you yield better than last time. Have you ever tried
vegging for a couple weeks and then flowering ? Lollipoping to keep 1 cola and max light penetration ?

My problem is I never have the same setup, it always changes as I'm impatient and just can't stand seeing plants growing for more then 8 weeks.

Just like the current one, I was actually gonna go with a bigger tent so I can still use 1gal pots but more plants and the same dirt mix and food (Flora Nova) but someone had to shove a bunch of free Botanicare food/coco and Mondi pots in my face. Since I never used Botanicare before and wanted to see how small of a pot I could get away with I decided to change once again.

I don't think the dry weight will be more this time and the same as last. The plants are 3-4 inches shorter this time and the buds are not as big/filled. I'd say about 5-10% smaller BUT the smell and amount of resin production is much bigger with the Botanicare.

I didn't have time to take photos yesterday but will post them later tonight