What's new

So, this is where I ended up!

jokerman

Premium user
Good Morning all and Happy Thanksgiving .
A day of rest for us all and for chickens

Quote of the Day: "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
Vincent Van Gogh: Painting contractor (1853 - 1890)

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
But if you hear a voice saying you can fly, ignore it…
Good morning people’s…

hey Tog1 good morning

say , what year is this Chevy?

IMG_7311.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
Two days ago I brought lunch for my Honeys office and went to one of my favorite stores for it .
Whilst there I bought 2 packs of 6 meatballs for $12.00 a pack .
Froze one baked the other and threw it in a sauce,
Typical spaghetti and meatballs.
I was very disappointed.
I thought I made good meatballs, clearly I was wrong.
They were exceptional and at a later date will do a complete analysis giving me complete and detailed files on the subject matter.
will report back when information becomes available

Unca Walt

420club
My grandfather would have a big bag of pecans out on the porch. If you tapped a pecan on the arm of your chair, several squirrels would approach. If you held still, they would take it out of your hand. He also had a finger tip that was a little jacked up from one biting him. Trust me, a squirrel 🐿️ can bite just fine.

BP
OHHH-kay. Now you have gone and triggered me about squirrels.

BREAK -- BREAK

Before I start, lemme pass on the a peculiarity of octegenarianism: Distant memories pop into your mind at odd times, triggered by otherwise innocuous tidbits. So it is with this parable:

My Daddy took me squirrel hunting when I was 8 years old. All he had to use to catch and kill squirrels to take home to cook was his pocketknife and a small wooden club.

First thing he did was to cut a four foot tall sassafras sapling down. He then cut off the branches so that the whippy stick had a fork on the end with half-inch sharpened ends.

Then we went walking through the woods looking for trees with squirrel holes in them. Surprisingly, there are more than you think, once you really start looking for them.

We'd go up to a tree with a hole in it, and he would poke the forked end of the whippystick down into the hole. You could hear a hissing and growling as he turned and turned the stick in the hole while firmly pusing down.

After about ten turns or so, he would pull the stick out -- and there would be a really pissed-off squirrel hanging by its knotted tail. WHACK! with the club, and we had a squirrel.

He let me catch the second one. It worked perfectly. When we had four squirrels, it was enough for delicious squirrel stew for the whole family.

Did anybody here ever do this?

Unca Walt

420club
No, you don’t Bubba, take my word and trust me that it is a 55… just for the record you folks all know me as boo… I’ve had this account for many years, and it was just easy to roll into it instead of establishing a new one…
Bubba: If Boo sez it is a fitty-fie, dat's it. The boy knows cars like nobody else I ever met.

Unca Walt

420club
I have freezer bags full. I can make it faster that I can get rid of it. But, It lasts foreever so why not.

I just got back from running errands. Won't go out again for two days.

Still feel half way like crap. Thank you China.....thank you Anthony. What have you got planned for the world next. Next world war will be fought without firing a shot. And a shot won't save you.
Oh, WHY won't TPTB let you mail me ten pounds or so?

I weep snot.