What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

mr.brunch

Veteran
Well thats bloody terrible mate - wish I had a light to give you here to compensate - anyway Steve Harley died last week so I can send you this old tune that might make you remember and smile - if you were listening in the mid 70's

Received this afternoon mate, many thanks again….reading this is going to be a blast- will probably make me drool 🤤 over the hashish though
IMG_3527.jpeg

IMG_3528.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
Windy today- grateful for the shed at this time or the wind would be smoking my joint for me 💨
Lots of heavy rain showers going on still, we barely got the first cut of the lawn done … at least the wind dried it.
Mrs B has her counselling session in an hour or so, not sure if she wants me to go with her this time… I may repot my xodus seedlings 🌱 (rgs) if not.

mr.brunch

Veteran
local gardening experts here are saying "don't mow till May": to give bees etc (pollinators) food (white clover) time to mature and be available. i'm good with that. my wife? ummm....
I don’t think I’d be able to wait… we’d be waist high in grass , and the bees are well fed on the daffodils and wild garlic which are full flower at the moment
Speaking of that I must get some early crocus bulbs in

mr.brunch

Veteran
Really unique looking plants.👍 I love the fact they've got their own coffee table 😊
Thanks mate- it’s just a tray balancing between the pots , partially as a spoiler for the airflow and also a platform to get the new seeds started
I was thinking the same thing - with multiple spears from every plant. Very cool.
The early shaping worked out well it seems - I topped after the third node, then again after the next node splitting into four.
After they recovered I removed every side branch below the split, and trimmed a leaf or two as needed

The gorilla cake has a very good smell on her and I can’t wait to taste it 😋

mr.brunch

Veteran
Lovely clear day today, strong bit of sunshine for the time of year- but still cool air so a nice combination.
Poor little miss B has a nasty cough and cold, been going on a week already and she’s had enough of it. She just came out in the garden with me for some cool evening air, but is now barking like a seal.
The cough medicine helps at night as it’s a drowsy antihistamine so at least she’ll get some sleep, but the cough has got to the point where it’s hurting now, so it’s not nice.
Fingers crossed 🤞 it’s gone soon

Betterhaff

Veteran
Always love your thread… pick up the book “Last Words”. Sprouted some papaya, 150-180 days lol. Also toms, peps, cukes. And some herb??

mr.brunch

Veteran
Always love your thread… pick up the book “Last Words”. Sprouted some papaya, 150-180 days lol. Also toms, peps, cukes. And some herb??
👍
Got some beefsteak tomato sprouts on the windowsill waiting for warmer days… apparently this variety has hardly any seeds in (for mrs. B -her digestion can’t manage tomato seeds for some reason) but they say they’re an heirloom variety so any seeds I find should be good for next year.

Runner bean and pumpkin seeds are waiting in the fridge from last year, but got to wait a bit to plant those.

Weed wise , I’m planning to do the veg period for the crop after next outside totally in the June sunshine, then bug spray and bring them in the tent to flower… should save me a nice few weeks, not to mention the power saving

Cuddles

I told you that the snow would be melted . . .

View attachment 18978763

And just for interest sake, this is the #2 best place to grow in our yard. However, this space is also the most visible from inside the house so it is reserved for flowers. Bummer.

I think the frost has tilted the gargoyle again . . .
you got a collie too -wow, GREAT!!! We had one when I was growing up and I have always watned to get a dog again -collie or border collie but I only live in a flat and they really need a garden to run around in imo.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
you got a collie too -wow, GREAT!!! We had one when I was growing up and I have always watned to get a dog again -collie or border collie but I only live in a flat and they really need a garden to run around in imo.

No . . . he is a Shetland Sheepdog who looks like a miniature collie. ;) He is a great dog - very smart and a true herder. And I totally agree with the need for space and I resisted getting a dog until I was retired so I had the time to walk him every day etc.

Cuddles

No . . . he is a Shetland Sheepdog who looks like a miniature collie. ;) He is a great dog - very smart and a true herder. And I totally agree with the need for space and I resisted getting a dog until I was retired so I had the time to walk him every day etc.
oh, you got a little sheltie :) They´re just as gorgeous to look at. Does yours also require a lot of attention such as playing and cuddling, or little treats like cheese etc?