What's new

Sittin in my shed....

Cuddles

They are good for you but the dandelion wine i tried is the nastiest stuff i ever drank. Thibk it was made by the Amish and it was more like a sweet syrup.way too sweet. Nasty stuff. Like tea though
you actually enjoyed the dandelion tea? I drank it for a while some years ago but I never liked it :( Most of those medicinal teas I´ve tried taste rubbish -you drink them for the health benefits they provide but certainly not for the taste, lol.
Alos, I think I got GI issues from too much dandelion tea once.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Well she’s still coughing.
Another visit to the doctor Friday just gone, and they’re now suspecting she’s also had whooping cough… they’ve sent off a blood test and I’ve got to take her for a chest x-ray in the morning.

strange as I also had whooping cough as a little kid and it damaged my chest, made me cough with a seal bark for years.

One thing I will say- and I know all the doctors etc say it can’t work, but you’ll try anything at 3am when your little girl can’t stop coughing- Vicks vapour rub all over the soles of their feet.
Silence.
For a good few hours.

Cuddles

Well she’s still coughing.
Another visit to the doctor Friday just gone, and they’re now suspecting she’s also had whooping cough… they’ve sent off a blood test and I’ve got to take her for a chest x-ray in the morning.

strange as I also had whooping cough as a little kid and it damaged my chest, made me cough with a seal bark for years.

One thing I will say- and I know all the doctors etc say it can’t work, but you’ll try anything at 3am when your little girl can’t stop coughing- Vicks vapour rub all over the soles of their feet.
Silence.

For a good few hours.
amazing! hope this trick works again ;)

shithawk420

Veteran
you actually enjoyed the dandelion tea? I drank it for a while some years ago but I never liked it :( Most of those medicinal teas I´ve tried taste rubbish -you drink them for the health benefits they provide but certainly not for the taste, lol.
Alos, I think I got GI issues from too much dandelion tea once.
Yes. I actually like the taste of herbal teas and i dont put sugar or milk in my coffee or tea. Is it customary to put milk and sugar in tea there? I used to like milk and sugar in my tea when i was a kid. Only sugar i like now is mostly chocolate and i need to slow it down. Been eating lots of chocolate and ice cream lately

Cuddles

Yes. I actually like the taste of herbal teas and i dont put sugar or milk in my coffee or tea. Is it customary to put milk and sugar in tea there? I used to like milk and sugar in my tea when i was a kid. Only sugar i like now is mostly chocolate and i need to slow it down. Been eating lots of chocolate and ice cream lately
I only use (soy) milk in my coffee but never in my regular tea. You can´t imagine the surprised looks from other people I used to get when I was still living in England :biglaugh:
I do take sugar/sweetener however.
coffee with choc or vanilla milk tastes great btw :)

I´ve been consuming far too much chocolate this past year too. I´ve stopped now -more or less.
I´ve never indulged so much during and before the christmas period or easter in my whole life! In fact, I never used to bother with the sweet stuff when I was growing up or later on. funny huh?

shithawk420

Veteran
I only use (soy) milk in my coffee but never in my regular tea. You can´t imagine the surprised looks from other people I used to get when I was still living in England :biglaugh:
I do take sugar/sweetener however.
coffee with choc or vanilla milk tastes great btw :)

I´ve been consuming far too much chocolate this past year too. I´ve stopped now -more or less.
I´ve never indulged so much during and before the christmas period or easter in my whole life! In fact, I never used to bother with the sweet stuff when I was growing up or later on. funny huh?
Forgive me for my ignorance and this maybe because my grandpa used to brag about going to England and such but are you hospitable with your tea? Like if someone comes over do you have a nice tea set or is that a cliche? Because i do find it pretty rude over here. Ask for a glass of water and some people will look at you crazy. troubled times i tell you.
i actually think i like almond milk. i like almond butter too. i dont think i trust soy enough to start eating it again. need more research

Cuddles

Forgive me for my ignorance and this maybe because my grandpa used to brag about going to England and such but are you hospitable with your tea? Like if someone comes over do you have a nice tea set or is that a cliche? Because i do find it pretty rude over here. Ask for a glass of water and some people will look at you crazy. troubled times i tell you.
i actually think i like almond milk. i like almond butter too. i dont think i trust soy enough to start eating it again. need more research
really, you think english people are rude? how so?

As for the tea set , well usually it´s just a mug lol. I guess it depends on the occasion, who
you´re visiting, time etc.
What always annoyed me most was the night clubs, not just in England but elsewhere too. They always refuse to serve people water even if you say you´ll pay for it. Not even tap water. I think there should be a law against this sort of thing.

If you ever popped over to my house (sorry crappy little flat) for a visit I will always offer you something! That´s just what you do. But I don´t have a really fancy tea set,lol. And I don´t even own a coffee maker

shithawk420

Veteran
NO NO N

As for the tea set , well usually it´s just a mug lol. I guess it depends on the occasion, who
What always annoyed me most was the night clubs, not just in England but elsewhere too. They always refuse to serve people water even if you say you´ll pay for it. Not even tap water. I think there should be a law against this sort of thing.

If you ever popped over to my house (sorry crappy little flat) for a visit I will always offer you something! That´s just what you do. But I don´t have a really fancy tea set,lol. And I don´t even
NO! So

If you ever popped over to my house (sorry crappy little flat) for a visit I will always offer you something! That´s just what you do. But I don´t have a really fancy tea set,lol. And I don´t even own a coffee mak

If you ever popped over to my house (sorry crappy little flat) for a visit I will always offer you something! That´s just what you do. But I don´t have a really fancy tea set,lol. And I don´t even own a coffee maker
NO NO! You missunderstand.i didn't word that right.i meant my grandpa said English people are very polite and I was saying lots of people in the US are very rude.Sorry! My bad! But yeah we could learn a thing or two about the English! Sorry I didn't word it right.im pretty buzzed!

shithawk420

Veteran
Im having technical difficulties over here. Must be the storms brewing up. I cant seem to get my phone and computer to type right.

ANYWAY what i meant to say was people here dont really offer anything and its a pain in the ass to even ask for water. It seems to be a lost art to be a good host. Although i guess with the times i cant blame people. It might even be a bad move to drink or eat anything from someone you dont know nowadays.

But i was just honestly curious how the tea etiquette is over there. Sorry for confusion! If someone came to my house or vice versa and i offered them tea they would think something is up or aint right! lol just saying

Latest posts

Latest posts