What's new

Sittin in my shed....

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
oh, you got a little sheltie :) They´re just as gorgeous to look at. Does yours also require a lot of attention such as playing and cuddling, or little treats like cheese etc?

Oh yes. ;) He loves walks and play – especially jumping for balls, Frisbees etc. Cuddling – not so much, because he gets too warm with his long fur. Shelties are very quirky dogs. I have a nail-clipper in cup with pens in my office and all I have to do is to touch one pen in that cup and he will come running – barking and whining - from anywhere in the house. Using the coffee grinder, the central vac or the knife sharpener will bring the same result. If a dinger goes off on the stove or the microwave he will find you and harass you all the way there nipping at your heels. . . .

mr.brunch

Veteran
Blustery windy couple of days- glad I haven’t done the fence yet … it’ll have to be when little Miss b is back at school after Easter although she is still coughing badly- over 2 weeks now, and she’s been on antibiotics for the past few days so many sleepless nights recently.
Makes me feel powerless to do anything about it and I wish I could take it away, she’s had enough of it

Cuddles

Blustery windy couple of days- glad I haven’t done the fence yet … it’ll have to be when little Miss b is back at school after Easter although she is still coughing badly- over 2 weeks now, and she’s been on antibiotics for the past few days so many sleepless nights recently.
Makes me feel powerless to do anything about it and I wish I could take it away, she’s had enough of it
I can´t believe they still prescribe antibiotics for colds - I´m just assuming that it actuallyy is a just simple cold or flu here.lol
Well, do make sure that she also takes a really good probiotic supp won´t you, because antibiotics really f*ck up the gut :(

Hope she gets better soon!:flowers2:

PS hope it´s not covid or anything nasty

mr.brunch

Veteran
I can´t believe they still prescribe antibiotics for colds - I´m just assuming that it actuallyy is a just simple cold or flu here.lol
Well, do make sure that she also takes a really good probiotic supp won´t you, because antibiotics really f*ck up the gut :(

Hope she gets better soon!:flowers2:

PS hope it´s not covid or anything nasty
Thanks mate… its Not a cold or flu , but an upper respiratory tract infection possibly caused by reflux getting stuck … if they haven’t helped by Monday I’m taking her back to the doctor

Timj

Thanks mate… its Not a cold or flu , but an upper respiratory tract infection possibly caused by reflux getting stuck … if they haven’t helped by Monday I’m taking her back to the doctor
My girlfriend was diagnosed with pneumonia after being tested for the flu and COVID. They did a CT scan after the x-ray didn't clearly show anything. She was given antibiotics for it. I also had the same symptoms and my sister being an LPN wrote me a script for antibiotics. We are both better now. But, It took nearly 2 weeks to start feeling better. But, even after about 4 weeks we still are not 100%.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I had a hankering for a doughnut and even though there are literally hundreds of Tim Hortons (coffee & donuts) within a few miles of my house, I got busy. And please take note that I am old and I still call the ones I make doughnuts not donuts. Btw these are yeast - not cake.

doughnuts.jpg

Honey glaze and cinnamon sugar. The low fat kind y'know . . . :cool:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I had a hankering for a doughnut and even though there are literally hundreds of Tim Hortons (coffee & donuts) within a few miles of my house, I got busy. And please take note that I am old and I still call the ones I make doughnuts not donuts. Btw these are yeast - not cake.

View attachment 18983981

They look amazing… homemade doughnuts, like biting a cloud…
I used to have the Krispy Kreme recipe but we got rid of the fryer so haven’t made any for years 😋😋
Yeast doughnuts rule imo… cake is too dry for me

Damn, I’ve just had my dinner and a joint… one of those would go down a treat 👍👍

Cuddles

View attachment 18983981

wow, I´m honestly impressed :tiphat:

I´ve never made any myself and yours look very tasty!
I had some for easter but they were the german kind- the `berliners´ . I really did not have a very healthy easter weekend at all as it also included far too much booze - all against my better judgement! :(

btw which type of fat did you use for these?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
btw which type of fat did you use for these?

Only the healthiest, of course. ;) Butter for the dough and canola oil for the frying.

And for dinner, I stuffed some boneless chicken breast with ham and Monterey jack cheese that will be fried and served with a mushroom wine sauce and oven roasted potatoes.

I am trying to get my patient (my wife) eating properly again after her surgery. She's starting to finally . . .

Cuddles

Only the healthiest, of course. ;) Butter for the dough and canola oil for the frying.

And for dinner, I stuffed some boneless chicken breast with ham and Monterey jack cheese that will be fried and served with a mushroom wine sauce and oven roasted potatoes.

I am trying to get my patient (my wife) eating properly again after her surgery. She's starting to finally . . .
have you ever used coconut oil for for this type of frying by any chance?

I used to go all the way into town to get the stuff but the other week I discovered a shop in my area which has it too. I´ve been walking past this store every week since last summer but never went in until 2 or 3 weeks ago! I´m glad I finally did.

I´m glad your wife is feeling a little better . I´m sure she´ll recover soon :)

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
No, I haven't. Butter, olive oil, lard and canola oil . . . all have their place in my repertoire . . . with sesame oil for adding taste in things. I guess you can tell that I am the cook of the family. I started cooking when I was a teen but I had to get really serious when I moved in with my 1st wife - who couldn't boil water.

But . . . I don't cook healthy. If anything, I go in the opposite direction . . . :oops:

Latest posts

Latest posts