What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

also , life is too short . i got tired at the farm moaning all the time and having to be mean . if i have to become an ogre when trying to help somebody then they don't want my help haha . i had to learn to accept another hit and miss year .

my mate , to be fair has been trying harder and improving and being more humble

no longer does he say farming and gardening is an 'easy 2 minute job '

GreenestBasterd

i would love a low mileage toyota , but they are quite expensive . if lexus made a van , that would be ideal.
Yeah mate, they go round the clock and still keep chugging. I’d love an old model hilux or Land Cruiser but they are pricey every way you look at it.
I’ve got a Daihatsu truck that’s alright and bitsashitti (Mitsubishi) triton that I hate.

Got a wicked Mitsubishi delica that needs a head gasket done and people hate working on them… filled it with that Teflon gasket sealer but don’t trust a long journey. That’s a proper pleasure vehicle!!

shiva82

Yeah mate, they go round the clock and still keep chugging. I’d love an old model hilux or Land Cruiser but they are pricey every way you look at it.
I’ve got a Daihatsu truck that’s alright and bitsashitti (Mitsubishi) triton that I hate.

Got a wicked Mitsubishi delica that needs a head gasket done and people hate working on them… filled it with that Teflon gasket sealer but don’t trust a long journey. That’s a proper pleasure vehicle!!

great track choice. mitsuibishi are good , they cheap out on some materials but solid engines. suzuki engines can be good . toyota are the best imo

i like that aussie car , ktm crossbow

GreenestBasterd

how are you doing? hope you are well mr basterd . when is your season beginning outdoors?
I’ve given up outdoor bud growing due to bandits equipped with drones and a lot more time than me… but this year is the year of the vegetable!
I’ll be starting the tomatoes and chilli’s in the next few weeks inside and then the other bits and pieces in the greenhouse, planting out around September/early October.
IMG_9408.jpeg

These came today.

shiva82

i was tempted by some ugorg 'killerskunk' . i recall growing the ugorg number 1 . it was decent

have you grown killerskunk? looks like possibly good stock for me to invest in

shiva82

I’ve given up outdoor bud growing due to bandits equipped with drones and a lot more time than me… but this year is the year of the vegetable!
I’ll be starting the tomatoes and chilli’s in the next few weeks inside and then the other bits and pieces in the greenhouse, planting out around September/early October.
View attachment 19037356
These came today.
these are the ones... hopefully i will have some to harvest today mate. unless my mate has jet washed them off the vine or let them die haha . i will soon find out . these are like fruit mate . eat as they are as a fruit , the bomb

booyaka

shiva82

View attachment 19037356
These came today.
these are only 'sungold' at f1 too . which i find interesting . never the same at other filial generations. that is why they are expensive seeds. i wonder what varieties are used to make the f1

GreenestBasterd

i was tempted by some ugorg 'killerskunk' . i recall growing the ugorg number 1 . it was decent

have you grown killerskunk? looks like possibly good stock for me to invest in
I did their noname and psychoberry a fair while ago.

My dad knew a fisherman grower in his 70’s that grew out really good lot5 or lot5 evo, I can’t remember exactly but was their stock and really good memorable bud.

I have their ugorg#1 bx1 or something to dig into at some point.

I emailed them about an order and whoever it was emailing back was a bit odd to say the least, so they have gone swiftly to back of the “pop next” pile haha.

From what I’ve popped and smoked I thought was good and others rate them quite highly. I’d grab some for sure.

GreenestBasterd

these are only 'sungold' at f1 too . which i find interesting . never the same at other filial generations. that is why they are expensive seeds. i wonder what varieties are used to make the f1
Big tomato will never let that slip… haha

Expecting some decent vigour. We only grow heirloom varieties for the most part, so it’ll be good to see them next to one another in the garden.

The no dig gardener I’ve mentioned before, Charles Dowding had a few in his greenhouse that looked impressive and cropped all summer.

shiva82

Big tomato will never let that slip… haha

Expecting some decent vigour. We only grow heirloom varieties for the most part, so it’ll be good to see them next to one another in the garden.

The no dig gardener I’ve mentioned before, Charles Dowding had a few in his greenhouse that looked impressive and cropped all summer.
you can grow them cordon , but i would grow semi cordon. not overly strict as the flower readily and quickly . like you say they have a huge harvest window and are quite hardy too so you do not have to worry about early blight while waiting on ripening of fruit sets

shiva82

i have honeycomb , mazano 1 and 2 , and sungolds ... and also any stray seedlings that germinated fromlast seasons fallen fruit that i deemed worthy to keep , we kept

shiva82

starting the day on 'supersudanese' . still wild and untamed . good traditional joint smoker . irie

Attachments

• IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 15

strain_hunter

i would love a low mileage toyota , but they are quite expensive . if lexus made a van , that would be ideal.
Do you need a van or could it be a estate car too?
The BMW 3 Series Touring F30 is rock solid. It is cheap in germany too, because a lot of companies lease them and they get regular service.

also , life is too short . i got tired at the farm moaning all the time and having to be mean . if i have to become an ogre when trying to help somebody then they don't want my help haha . i had to learn to accept another hit and miss year .

my mate , to be fair has been trying harder and improving and being more humble

no longer does he say farming and gardening is an 'easy 2 minute job '

german cars in the 80s and early 90s were good
I wouldn't buy VW or Audi but BMW 3 Series and most Mercedes C Series are still nice. But Toyota has a nice reputation too.

shiva82

Do you need a van or could it be a estate car too?
The BMW 3 Series Touring F30 is rock solid. It is cheap in germany too, because a lot of companies lease them and they get regular service.

I wouldn't buy VW or Audi but BMW 3 Series and most Mercedes C Series are still nice. But Toyota has a nice reputation too.
e30s were great . my dad had a 325i e30 . alpine stereo with the crystal buttons. that car was dope

a touring version of that would be nice

old volvos are good too, only they handle like tanks .

strain_hunter

e30s were great . my dad had a 325i e30 . alpine stereo with the crystal buttons. that car was dope
My stepfather also had one as a convertible. Beautiful car.
a touring version of that would be nice

old volvos are good too, only they handle like tanks .

I drove both the V40 and V50 and they were really poor quality. The V40 belonged to my flatmate, who had it regularly serviced by her father, who is a car mechanic. Afterwards, the car was just rattling and everything was broken. Once the ignition key crumbled when starting the car. My roommate had a 25-year-old C-Class and then she had a Toyota Avensis, both of which were much better value.

The V50 had constant problems with the diesel particulate filter and had to go to the workshop three times in the last two years for this reason alone. That's why my buddy sold it.
Last year I had to pick up my buddy with the caravan from the North Sea when the car went on strike again. It had been completely overhauled in the workshop just before that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts