What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

Bought an old film camera off eBay just to get the lens. 35-70mm Pentax zoom. Lets see what I get hehe.
i have a camera i can't even give away. just needs a new battery . i will try find a battery for it , and start using it myself as it has only been used three times in 8 years . it feels too intricate to my hands and i feel i will break it in no time, so i never got comfortable using it or taking it out with me .

goingrey

i have a camera i can't even give away. just needs a new battery . i will try find a battery for it , and start using it myself as it has only been used three times in 8 years . it feels too intricate to my hands and i feel i will break it in no time, so i never got comfortable using it or taking it out with me .
What kind of camera? I'm sure they have the battery on eBay.. Maybe even a protective cage.

shiva82

too bulky for going hiking with . needs a wipe down. this is the camera and lens i have with it

mid range camera

Attachments

• IMG_2211.JPG
    IMG_2211.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2213.JPG
    IMG_2213.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 17

shiva82

i dug the camera out last year as i wanted to film my cat playing in the yard , and the battery is dead and will not charge. it went back in the attic

shiva82

I've been wanting a new camera but have not been able to convince myself to spend the money on a nice one.
i wish i could use them without breaking them or dropping them in dirt . i'm forever learning .

i have a nice tripod stand for it too

goingrey is inspiring me with his tech geek talk

goingrey

too bulky for going hiking with . needs a wipe down. this is the camera and lens i have with it

mid range camera
Rebel camera hehe, interesting branding. Seems like it was considered very good for the price when it came out. And yep genuine and off-brand batteries on eBay, cages too. You should def get it back in action. Though you do take good shots with the pocket camera as well, was it a PowerShot?

And for the lenses hehe well there are over 30000 pages of lenses listed for Canon EF.

shiva82

my pocket camera i use has a scratched lens , broken flash, sticky shutters and still works lol . canon powershot indeed

dropped it in water too once