What's new

Shiva Grows

shiva82

Also worth mentioning that psychologists are not authorised to give patients medication as they are not actual doctors (at least in Spain). That's the psychiatrist's job. Psychological therapy + psychiatric medication (if needed) give the best results when combined.

Walking in nature is great therapy and it's my favourite activity bare none. Some people need deeper work that includes other kinds of therapy. Mindfulness, exposure therapy, meditation, breath work, all these things can be useful tools and it's up to the psychologist's experience to recommend them in an appropriate manner. Many people, or most people, are not ever aware that having a walk in nature makes you feel better. Many people are just too stupid or lack the insight to discover these things for themselves and need someone to hold their hand.

I would be a good candidate for your smartphone detox therapy though. It's becoming a problem lol.
sure. the psychologist will conjure up the diagnosis . i have over 20 years experience with them for various reasons

shiva82

placebo also is effective too . i hear you though. indeed they do help some , and there is good ones in the system with good intentions .

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
placebo also is effective too . i hear you though. indeed they do help some , and there is good ones in the system with good intentions .
It is one of these professions where intelligence and empathy is critical. It's not the same to look for an accountant, whose job is very objective making numbers fit together, than a psychologist. It's a lot more delicate subjective and nuanced job and I bet there are a lot of them that are worthless. The fact that it's not an actual science and a lot easier to study than a full medical doctorate, opens the door to a lot more idiots into the profession, if that makes sense.

Psychologists, dentists and car mechanics are similar to me in the sense that once you find a good one you better stick with that one 😂 especially car mechanics

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
My parents always used to say that psychologists are for retards, and all people who are depressed are actually lazy and not depressed. Looking back I'm quite sure they would both have had better lives if they hadn't been so close minded and looked for a professional, as they were both fucked in the head and destroyed each others lives. Hubris is the worst mental illness in my opinion.

strain_hunter

if you visit 3 separate psychologists, they will all give a differing opinion to each other , and never use any kind of diagnostic tool when diagnosing , medicating , or pigeon holing people .
In the past psychologists switched their paradigms several times. I think buddhism is superior. They have tools and views, that are tested and refined over thousands of years.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Anyway I didn't mean to start an argument, just one of these things that can work for some and not for others. I have seen loved ones greatly benefit from talking to a psychologist. K also know a couple people whose whole life is talking about their therapy and it becomes their identity and they just completely miss the point and never understand what it's about and never improve🤷‍♂️

strain_hunter

My parents always used to say that psychologists are for retards, and all people who are depressed are actually lazy and not depressed. Looking back I'm quite sure they would both have had better lives if they hadn't been so close minded and looked for a professional, as they were both fucked in the head and destroyed each others lives. Hubris is the worst mental illness in my opinion.
That is a great pity. Unfortunately, proud people can no longer learn anything and generally live in an untalented environment.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
That is a great pity. Unfortunately, proud people can no longer learn anything and generally live in an untalented environment.
My parents were smart, well read people, but they were so proud of how many books they read and how cultured they were, that they failed to understand what life is actually about. Being smart can be a two sided blade, because if you believe in your intelligence enough, it can make you close your mind and disregard that there are a lot of people smarter than yourself. Insight and self reflection is a completely different attribute than what we usually call intelligence, but it is a kind of intelligence in itself as well.

shiva82

Anyway I didn't mean to start an argument, just one of these things that can work for some and not for others. I have seen loved ones greatly benefit from talking to a psychologist. K also know a couple people whose whole life is talking about their therapy and it becomes their identity and they just completely miss the point and never understand what it's about and never improve🤷‍♂️
i know you didn't mate . no problem at all . i'm not degrading other peoples views . just giving my own . each to their own , we are all built different . cheers rev .

shiva82

My parents were smart, well read people, but they were so proud of how many books they read and how cultured they were, that they failed to understand what life is actually about. Being smart can be a two sided blade, because if you believe in your intelligence enough, it can make you close your mind and disregard that there are a lot of people smarter than yourself. Insight and self reflection is a completely different attribute than what we usually call intelligence, but it is a kind of intelligence in itself as well.
they sound academic . intelligence can be mapped in various ways . for example, we will never understand a plant , but a plant is intelligent . we can never comprehend intelligence in nuances .

my mother and father left school early , and some of the most intelligent people i know struggle to read and write at a high standard

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
they sound academic . intelligence can be mapped in various ways . for example, we will never understand a plant , but a plant is intelligent . we can never comprehend intelligence in nuances .

my mother and father left school early , and some of the most intelligent people i know struggle to read and write at a high standard
Yes the definition of intelligence is not the same for us as it was for previous generations. It used to be that you were intelligent or you were not. Nowadays there are like 10-12 different kinds of intelligence. Intelligence is not only being quick at calculus or learn languages easily. There are other ways to be "intelligent".

strain_hunter

True. And there are cultures and ages with knowledge beyond our cultural view.
Another aspect is learning to see what is happening now without projecting how it should be or what we thought about it before.
they sound academic . intelligence can be mapped in various ways . for example, we will never understand a plant , but a plant is intelligent .
If your conciousnes expands, you can become a plant and gain intuitive knowledge.
we can never comprehend intelligence in nuances .

I think that schools place too much emphasis on learning by heart. Intuition, empathy and humanity should be taught alongside foreign languages and maths.

shiva82

Another aspect is learning to see what is happening now without projecting how it should be or what we thought about it before.

If your conciousnes expands, you can become a plant and gain intuitive knowledge.

I think that schools place too much emphasis on learning by heart. Intuition, empathy and humanity should be taught alongside foreign languages and maths.
as kids we were over schooled... i rebelled. we all got to year 6 primary school early before our peers . two brothers have masters . my sister an i dropped out . i lost interest at primary school .

shiva82

amen brother amen . that is thoughtful

Latest posts

Latest posts