What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

I’m not the biggest fan of figs personally, and depending on the variety, the milky sap that oozes out of each cut can fuck you up!!
Some of the blisters/burns I’ve seen look similar to what you’d expect from caustic acid or something.

I had a mate block his chipper with fig. He took the shoot off and reached down to his shoulder with a vest on to pull out all the gunk.

Next day he had blisters like golf balls the length of his arms. Proper fucked him up.

I got done a tiny bit the other day, it’s crazy stuff!

I was looking for a gruesome photo online but found this which is much more interesting.
i won't be rubbing myself in that sap. thanks for the knowledge . i did not know that . great fruit though . medicinal too

shiva82

I’m not the biggest fan of figs personally, and depending on the variety, the milky sap that oozes out of each cut can fuck you up!!
Some of the blisters/burns I’ve seen look similar to what you’d expect from caustic acid or something.

I had a mate block his chipper with fig. He took the shoot off and reached down to his shoulder with a vest on to pull out all the gunk.

Next day he had blisters like golf balls the length of his arms. Proper fucked him up.

I got done a tiny bit the other day, it’s crazy stuff!

I was looking for a gruesome photo online but found this which is much more interesting.
what chipping machine are good? second hand . we are in in the market for one, for the compost zone. start chipping all our timbers and weeds etc into finer particles

shiva82

more digging in manure today for me , and my mate can finish the tarping off . need to peg it all and collect more rocks and such .... it is all taking shape now . happy days . a blank canvas

goingrey

good shout . what size ? reason for the clog?
I dunno, waist high... It just cant handle anything but the thinnest branches and even with them sometimes the fibers end up doing some kind of knot, especially if not dry. Then you gotta open it up clean it up close it back up, frustrating and takes time. Need to get a better one.

shiva82

I dunno, waist high... It just cant handle anything but the thinnest branches and even with them sometimes the fibers end up doing some kind of knot, especially if not dry. Then you gotta open it up clean it up close it back up, frustrating and takes time. Need to get a better one.
this is good knowledge . limitations . i need a wet and dry shredder. nothing is dry here . ever

shiva82

wind is our main enemy at the farm. it is an open field , and the wind from the coast can be extreme . the noise yesterday just working near the tunnels was a bit annoying , howling and everything flapping away . we need to erect more wind breaks

shiva82

Either get some expensive powerful pro thing or then something that is really easy and quick to open up and unclog. :D
needs to be a commercial shedder , and not a d.i.y type model . cheers goingrey . helpful . i was just going to buy one similar to what you have

GreenestBasterd

what chipping machine are good? second hand . we are in in the market for one, for the compost zone. start chipping all our timbers and weeds etc into finer particles
I’m unfamiliar with the homeowner smaller ones but I’m sure there’s a few decent ones out there.

The most common second hands machines you’re likely to find would be either Vermeer or Timberwolf over there. Both are commercial machines and would still be a bit pricey.

I’d just stack up a big pile and when it’s big enough, rent one for half a day from one of the the hire companies. That way you throw all sorts in there and not have worry, rootballs, soil the lot!😉

Or there always a someone looking to get rid of mulch/wood chip. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure as they say…

Last edited:

shiva82

If unfamiliar with the homeowner smaller ones but I’m sure there’s a few decent ones out there.

The most common second hands machines you’re likely to find would be either Vermeer or Timberwolf over there. Both are commercial machines and would still be a bit pricey.

I’d just stack up a big pile and when it’s big enough, rent one for half a day from one of the the hire companies. That way you throw all sorts in there and not have worry, rootballs, soil the lot!😉

Or there always a someone looking to get rid of mulch/wood chip. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure as they say…
this is intelligent . 'kin 'ell . good thinking .... that is a solution . we have tonnes we can chip though . lifetimes amounts . i will discuss my mate later on. if its 150 to hire , and a grand to buy for example , we would buy . depends on prices

shiva82

i would pay a tree surgeon to drive down to the field , to the piles and get chipping away, but my friend does not like paying people to do work we can do . so we have to weigh up pros and cons together

Latest posts

Latest posts