What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need a friend to pass off some of the jobs you don't want, so you can focus on the work that makes better profit for your time. I am budding off small businesses as I go. Feels good when you help someone else find work. Just make sure you have what you need to stay busy of course.

Hope you are able to hear some good news from your mom and the doctor friend. Keep the hope, thankfully we have a merciful God who comforts us in all our affliction. With God is wisdom. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

shiva82

You need a friend to pass off some of the jobs you don't want, so you can focus on the work that makes better profit for your time. I am budding off small businesses as I go. Feels good when you help someone else find work. Just make sure you have what you need to stay busy of course.

Hope you are able to hear some good news from your mom and the doctor friend. Keep the hope, thankfully we have a merciful God who comforts us in all our affliction. With God is wisdom. :smoke:
i need to up my prices , but i don't favour anyone. first come first served . i always quote cheaper for people who are not wealthy too . i used to have apprentices , but i can't work full time as some days my arthritis makes me bed bound. i work to live and cover my days off . so i can't be relied on as a full time boss anymore imo

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heading out to the park again to run the dogs. Preparing for some sledding runs possibly tomorrow. Its super slick and fast right now!

shiva82

my old apprentices earn more than me and they are still not great haha. it is the way it goes. i need a new avenue , as i will end up unable to physically work enough to sustain myself as i age

for now i'm ok

GreenestBasterd

i need to up my prices , but i don't favour anyone. first come first served . i always quote cheaper for people who are not wealthy too . i used to have apprentices , but i can't work full time as some days my arthritis makes me bed bound. i work to live and cover my days off . so i can't be relied on as a full time boss anymore imo
I’m the same mate, work to live!
Not out here to take oldies pension like some of the scandalous fucks!
I’ve kept my prices low but not charity for years.

People appreciate people doing honest business in a world of scammers and cowboys and you get recommendations from that alone.

Where I am it’s the classic, All the gear-no idea!!!

They buy a flash truck and chipper, get a few nice expensive jobs, then come winter when the work gets quiet they’re stuck scrounging for work with bills to pay for machinery just sitting on the driveway. While the honest guys run steady all year.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah its hard to manage employees. Once they get trained, they go do something else most of the time, if they are able to be trained. Its a great opportunity to give young teens a job and teach them how to work.

I have to be flexible though with my ganja farming, sometimes I'm harvesting till 4:20 am

my old apprentices earn more than me and they are still not great haha. it is the way it goes. i need a new avenue , as i will end up unable to physically work enough to sustain myself as i age

for now i'm ok

May be a good idea to start searching for talanted young guys to hire in the future, so when you start having more issues its all lined up.

I am thinking the same thing. Mowing isn't too bad though, can be a good retirement job with a riding mower. I use a walk behind and run a year long marathon essentially every year right now. .:smoke:

shiva82

taking on an apprentice during a global commie takeover is not a good idea. we have less wealth now than during the great depression . we have youth on full time sick , playing xbox and taking home mor ethan i can afford to pay.. they keep raising the minimum pay, which in turn eradicates unskilled and low earners from earning anything at all . no apprentice deserves minimum pay of an adult. as a y.t.s , you should be expecting fuck all and thankful for somebody taking time to train you. apprentices should get paid for there travel and expenses, but other than that, they actually cost the employer time and money

shiva82

we have illegal invaders , working in the u.k . they have been given home office permission to get work visas and they work at 80% of the inflated rate... happening now

shiva82

unless i can find a young eager man willing to take low pay for a period until he is skilled enough to earn more money... then i'm on my own. sole trader

goingrey

he is alive. thought you may be balls deep in amsterdam
I've been balls deep in "The Last of Us Part II". Incredibly well made and well written game but all the gore is a bit too much. That's why I quit halfway through when it first came out but now made it all the way to the end. Also very time consuming hehe.