What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

usman vs khamzat . who wins? i'm going for an usman win. khamzat to rush out and get tied up and tired out first round and ground and pounded the second round..... ufc is hard to predict though and i'm wrong most the time

shiva82

crunchy!
edit: bumping this on my way home. 45 minutes fast walk. need to blow off some steam. feel like smoking cigs, drinking beer and raving. but instead i'll walk and do some intense playing with my cats if theyre up to it.
got a retro recording sound to it with old school sampling

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
he is moving up weight and short notice. stacked against him. and he is away fighter but i'm backing usman too

daearl thinks usman khamzat is alien language lol

a word i like to use, seasoned. usman is too seasoned
Usman is fighting on short notice, up a weight class, rushed weight cut, destroyed knees, and I'll still take him over anyone. He's one of those guys who just make it happen, no matter the odds. He has proven it time and again. Now watch me fail miserably at predicting fights as usual.

DaEarl73

he is moving up weight and short notice. stacked against him. and he is away fighter but i'm backing usman too

daearl thinks usman khamzat is alien language lol

a word i like to use, seasoned. usman is too seasoned
This one for shivas cat. cats are the aliens dude.. maybe goingrey Digg it too, german pop ..

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Just last night I was watching a retrospective on dillashaw, Faber, garbrandt and Cruz. That was one of the most interesting situations in UFC history.

@shiva82 As a real boxer, what's your opinion on Cruz 's style? Very weird and everything he does looks incorrect, but he has to be in my top 5 of all time. Love love love the domin8r

shiva82

Just last night I was watching a retrospective on dillashaw, Faber, garbrandt and Cruz. That was one of the most interesting situations in UFC history.

@shiva82 As a real boxer, what's your opinion on Cruz 's style? Very weird and everything he does looks incorrect, but he has to be in my top 5 of all time. Love love love the domin8r
big egos and big chin.

i would not say i'm a real boxer. i box often but never pro

cruz is good for mma. more head on. boxing is more side on at distance then open when close .

wrestlers can't box much , and some of the strikers in mma are not that great but they have an overall skill set that works

dillashaw was the best but he was also the biggest juicer

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
big egos and big chin.

i would not say i'm a real boxer. i box often but never pro

cruz is good for mma. more head on. boxing is more side on at distance then open when close .

wrestlers can't box much , and some the strikers in mma are not that great but they have an overall skill set that works
What about his jerky footwork? He made it work for a long time but destroyed his knees, ankles and feet in the process.

shiva82

What about his jerky footwork? He made it work for a long time but destroyed his knees, ankles and feet in the process.
in boxing , if you want to move forward , you are meant to step with lead leg when moving forward and step with rear leg when moving backwards, and side to side in the same manner. and the quicker and smoother the better. but some can switch hit. i like to switch stances sometimes, and you can cover more distance quicker by walking normally , so it is a bit of a mix. the reason for the orthodox style is so your feet never cross or meet themselves leaving you unbalanced not only when taking a shot , but when throwing shots. however if you are throwing kicks the the stance prefered is more straight on . jerky footwork is ok as long as he does not cross his feet near impact , outward or inward

i never cross my feet and i'm not that fast anymore , but it comes natural after time

shiva82

i have always done boxing just to keep fit and i enjoy it . sparring only and training . i'm a lover not a fighter too. i treat sparring like a sport