What's new

Sensi Star!

coxnox

Veteran
Sensi Star f1 #2:
img_8963-jpg.18988171

img_8964-jpg.18988172

Tomahawk_

Yeah I grew her out back in 2006 in the reg seeds, along with Swiss bliss. I remember those plants pretty clearly after all these years. The SS had serious odour, 100x more than any strain I've grown. It also had a vapour coming off the plant that would sting my eyes when I went into the grow room. It was a potent smoke, it felt somewhat sativa to me very clear head buzz to it strangely enough.
I've been looking at the Sensi Star strain - and my 1st impression of the Indica-Afghani is "wow - winner of multiple cup awards, giving it some street credit 4sure - she exhibits a FROSTY appearance, along with Unique Aroma, Taste, and Effects". It has a Pungent Aroma (Sweet, Sour, Lemon, Diesel, Minty, Metallic, Pine, Citrus, Fruity, Dank - and the list goes on...), FROSTY trichome coverage, Fast flowering, Good Yielding, with an underlying Sativa Cerebral kick. I've never tried it yet, but from the preliminary background of information -I want to buy some SEEDS!

So I'm definitely interested now, but need to find a good source of seeds. As I continue my journey into the world of cannabis (seeds & genetics, plants & flowers), I've recently learned that "old school, late 90's and early Y2K, seed stock will exhibit more influences from their parent strains".... this is why, although Sensi Star is almost 100% Indica (Afghani), the early release(s) also exhibited Sativa characteristics too (yeah, it can be 100% Afghani, but the older the seed stock, the greater the genetic variability: there are in fact Narrow Leaf Afghani Strains (NLD) that produce Sativa (uplifting, psycho-active, energizing euphoria) effects. And as a matter of fact, there are Strain Hunters as we speak - Exploring similar lands, Finding and Uncovering these unique strains (much love and respect to the adventurers out in the field). They're collecting the next generation of cannabis genetics - the young kids of today will be reflecting upon the genetics that were collected, preserved, and infused into the current scene. I'm seeing many Landrace Genetics now being preserved, infused, or combined (bred) with other "current" genetic lines. It's going to be a Quasi - "Skunk Renaissance".

Original Afghanistan (1920's through current day) grew both Broadleaf and Narrowleaf specimens within the region. However, over time, farmers gravitated to the Broadleaf specimens: they were larger yielding, faster finishing, and provided a better return on their investment of time & growing, processing, etc.... Conversely, other select farmers would grow the higher quality psycho-active Narrow Leaf Drug (NLD) type Afghanis.... It was their "Head Stash", as it was preferred by this Divergent group of farmers - totally opposite - they grew for the preferred effect, rather than the higher yielding, faster maturing "production" crops.... As you can imagine - they were the minority of the grow scene (but this kept the rare Narrow Leaf Drug (NLD) Afghani lines alive. And Thankfully, they still managed to trickle into the late 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's strains - we know & love today.

I believe this is where Sensi Star gets it underlying "Sativa Kick"; I've also read early reports of Sensi Star producing not only 100% short Afghani Indicas, but also a random hybrids, some of which exhibit a Sativa type structure (probably 1 out of 50 (or more))....But the earlier the Sensi Star genetics, the better chance of finding the Special One: containing a good Afghani base, but some nice psycho-activity heady effects.

It's very similar to what's going on in today's cannabis scene: Farmers are gravitating to the shorter, Indica dominant strains (to fit grow tents, and limited ceiling, greenhouse heights; along with the adoption of LED lighting). If you do a search for Seeds (Strains), I would have to estimate at least 80% are now the (WLD) Wide Leaf Drug type, faster flowering, needing less light intensity, producing above average yields. It's just the way the world works. If you're out there buying (looking for) Sativa type strains, with a heady, psycho-active high (little to no body effects), now you realize that you're in the minority of the population. Good Luck: and when you see something you like, something truly unique & old school - grab it as FAST as possible, because (from my experience) it will sell out FAST (poof - gone - can't tell you how many times this happened with seeds, genetics when I hesitated).

Sensistar42

I've been looking at the Sensi Star strain - and my 1st impression of the Indica-Afghani is "wow - winner of multiple cup awards, giving it some street credit 4sure - she exhibits a FROSTY appearance, along with Unique Aroma, Taste, and Effects". It has a Pungent Aroma (Sweet, Sour, Lemon, Diesel, Minty, Metallic, Pine, Citrus, Fruity, Dank - and the list goes on...), FROSTY trichome coverage, Fast flowering, Good Yielding, with an underlying Sativa Cerebral kick. I've never tried it yet, but from the preliminary background of information -I want to buy some SEEDS!

So I'm definitely interested now, but need to find a good source of seeds. As I continue my journey into the world of cannabis (seeds & genetics, plants & flowers), I've recently learned that "old school, late 90's and early Y2K, seed stock will exhibit more influences from their parent strains".... this is why, although Sensi Star is almost 100% Indica (Afghani), the early release(s) also exhibited Sativa characteristics too (yeah, it can be 100% Afghani, but the older the seed stock, the greater the genetic variability: there are in fact Narrow Leaf Afghani Strains (NLD) that produce Sativa (uplifting, psycho-active, energizing euphoria) effects. And as a matter of fact, there are Strain Hunters as we speak - Exploring similar lands, Finding and Uncovering these unique strains (much love and respect to the adventurers out in the field). They're collecting the next generation of cannabis genetics - the young kids of today will be reflecting upon the genetics that were collected, preserved, and infused into the current scene. I'm seeing many Landrace Genetics now being preserved, infused, or combined (bred) with other "current" genetic lines. It's going to be a Quasi - "Skunk Renaissance".

Original Afghanistan (1920's through current day) grew both Broadleaf and Narrowleaf specimens within the region. However, over time, farmers gravitated to the Broadleaf specimens: they were larger yielding, faster finishing, and provided a better return on their investment of time & growing, processing, etc.... Conversely, other select farmers would grow the higher quality psycho-active Narrow Leaf Drug (NLD) type Afghanis.... It was their "Head Stash", as it was preferred by this Divergent group of farmers - totally opposite - they grew for the preferred effect, rather than the higher yielding, faster maturing "production" crops.... As you can imagine - they were the minority of the grow scene (but this kept the rare Narrow Leaf Drug (NLD) Afghani lines alive. And Thankfully, they still managed to trickle into the late 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's strains - we know & love today.

I believe this is where Sensi Star gets it underlying "Sativa Kick"; I've also read early reports of Sensi Star producing not only 100% short Afghani Indicas, but also a random hybrids, some of which exhibit a Sativa type structure (probably 1 out of 50 (or more))....But the earlier the Sensi Star genetics, the better chance of finding the Special One: containing a good Afghani base, but some nice psycho-activity heady effects.

It's very similar to what's going on in today's cannabis scene: Farmers are gravitating to the shorter, Indica dominant strains (to fit grow tents, and limited ceiling, greenhouse heights; along with the adoption of LED lighting). If you do a search for Seeds (Strains), I would have to estimate at least 80% are now the (WLD) Wide Leaf Drug type, faster flowering, needing less light intensity, producing above average yields. It's just the way the world works. If you're out there buying (looking for) Sativa type strains, with a heady, psycho-active high (little to no body effects), now you realize that you're in the minority of the population. Good Luck: and when you see something you like, something truly unique & old school - grab it as FAST as possible, because (from my experience) it will sell out FAST (poof - gone - can't tell you how many times this happened with seeds, genetics when I hesitated).
Pretty sure the sensi star has big sir holy weed in it, which is part Zacatecas purple in it a Mexican strain. Or that’s what people have speculated because paradise seeds won’t give out the genetic information on this strain.

need4weed

Veteran
A good source for f4s is AK bean brains. Not read about any growouts of it though. I sourced some through blackbird preservation but don't really know the history of his line

Sensistar42

My posts are his small batch of his f3 x durg corra f2. His f3s lean more toward the hybrid side of things and he selected a more knarly kush type from the durg corra to bring the indica side back out.e and him chatted through dms about it.

Sensistar42

If anyone was curious about the ss f3 x durg corra he did if you managed to get them

Attachments

• 74C8F0DD-1C29-44C3-BA81-E2DFE7792464.png
    74C8F0DD-1C29-44C3-BA81-E2DFE7792464.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 58CC4ECF-D5DE-4747-BA87-5304EA495548.png
    58CC4ECF-D5DE-4747-BA87-5304EA495548.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 20