What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Sensi Seeds NL

Budget Buds

If I could get non feminized NL seeds _directly_from Sensi legally here in the US, I would probably do the same, just to compare and contrast.

The thing I'm going to be most interested in with your journal will be the structural uniformity of the plants. Do they all look the same or do some look like Type 1/Sativa or Type 2 /Indica plants? That's what Nevil provided to the foundational work that NL Seattle Greg originally did, uniformity and homogeneity.

One other thing, if any of them throw nanners, it ain't real NL. ;)

I can almost guarantee they won't look like this:

View attachment 19053547

because that's almost 25 years of NL development and evolution. :cool:
I'm in the same boat. N. Michigan so it was only fem available for me, But I can TC a keeper and will run some STS for fems, it's better than nothing and if I can ever get a male then maybe I can do a run for regs........ I havent done a documented grow on a forum is 10 years, I have 1000s of pics but never was looking for internet clout. This is for "science" lol

That plant is gorgeous , sent me some seeds bud :)

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
It's ridiculous that Sensi won't mail to the US. Legal states. Medical states. You suck Sensi. Ben Dronkers is like 80 now?

kro-magnon

Veteran
This is the Jack at 8 weeks. I used this plant to make a lot of genetic experiments.
It is a good sativa-leaning hybrid. Good producer, the effect is strong, and the aromas are like varnish with some lemon, quite complex. Easy to clone, its structure is strong, this one doesn't fall down under the weight of its flowers like many OGs do. This is also not a stinker like many other hybrids. Its terpenes aren't that voluble, you enjoy them when you roll a joint, and the scent it leaves in the air after burning a joint is pleasant and special. No filters needed to grow them indoors, like it happened back in the time with some sativa hybrids.

Superb Jack Herrer and a fast flowering one that's a gem, I understand why you have kept this plant for so many years. I hope its genetic is still healthy

kro-magnon

Veteran
It's ridiculous that Sensi won't mail to the US. Legal states. Medical states. You suck Sensi. Ben Dronkers is like 80 now?
Are you sure the problem is coming from Sensi? it might be a federal law of your country who prevent them to send seeds as they would like, with all the potential customers I'm pretty sure Sensi would like to send you all you want.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Are you sure the problem is coming from Sensi? it might be a federal law of your country who prevent them to send seeds as they would like, with all the potential customers I'm pretty sure Sensi would like to send you all you want.
Yeah Sensi won't send to the USA...even legal states. They're missing out on hundreds of millions of dollars. Senseusa and the same strains....hmmm

Budget Buds

Wow things must have changed! Sweet. Thanks budget buds
Yep, Was gonna say, I just made an order like 5 days ago....I was confused for a second, I do know they used to hold that position but when Trump did the hemp bill it made it legal to acquire those seeds, alot of breeders from europe opened usa based shops after that happened

CharlesU Farley

Weren't you butting heads with me for months because I said Nevil Nevil never released pure NL5 because the only NL5 seeds he got were 5x2?
As I remember it, our disagreement was on a specific numbering system for _any_ version of NL. I just don't think the specific numbers exist anymore. It was in a NL thread that I was getting aggravated in by that RoyalDouche guy, who I eventually Ignored. You might have got caught up in the crossfire of that one, if you did, I apologize. 🙇‍♂️

I also remember we had a disagreement on BOEL/Maui Wowie and your use of the term "chemists" but that was more semantics than anything else.

Like you stated in another thread, sometimes it's easy to come off real heavy-handed in a forum, with the passions like we have here on ICM, and not realize it. I know the struggle with TBI is real. 😥

G.O. Joe

Veteran
One thing is sure and that is if "Sensi" or "NL" is mentioned in a thread, the race is on to create this shitshow. Start a thread with both?

The single seed of it which I know well was, as mentioned in my freebie grow thread, reminiscent of inbred NL hybrids. Good plant except that the smell (not far from l-limonene) was not at all to my liking.

Budget Buds

One thing is sure and that is if "Sensi" or "NL" is mentioned in a thread, the race is on to create this shitshow. Start a thread with both?

The single seed of it which I know well was, as mentioned in my freebie grow thread, reminiscent of inbred NL hybrids. Good plant except that the smell (not far from l-limonene) was not at all to my liking.
People are definitely opinionated one way or the other....... but IC is so much more decent as far as disagreements in comparison to RIU...... Can you link the thread your referencing ?

Devondale

Good NL is so strong sometimes people would trip or get so stoned they would ask if its even weed. I tripped hard twice when i was younger. We were lucky in Oz it got around alot. Dont waste time on shitty NL it should stand out! I later got an old cut that was similar but lost it due to a fire. I havent raised any sensi personally. Seedstockers NL was imo terrible all around sandy resin no smell. It should be greasy and stink imo. Vision in 2019 was closest with gripping high and uber greasy resin juniper bubblegum hash smell

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
More people talking out of their ass and repeating what others have said than personal testimonies really. Reading that Spanish forum nonsense and their "historical facts" will make you dumber not wiser I'd wager. And like Guy Brush's experience with runts and non-germinating seeds sounds more like old seeds than any kind of proof of a genetic change.
Ok I wasn't going into depth with my report but I can confirm that my experience also includes everything what Carraxe said. Plants that looked indica when it was said to be a sativa dominant. Or plants that looked like hemp from the field which should have been mostly indica, like Early Girl. Never the advertised terps. Or totally inconsistent phenotypes from one pack or from different packs over a few years, like Super Skunk. Or strains that aren't indistinguishable from other strains from their menu like Shiva Skunk, Northern Lights and Super Skunk and also Maple Leaf Indica vs Skunk#1. F1 hybrid plants that should be uniform and were all.iver the place. Or plants that didn't have the alleged traits. And all these happened not only once but actually every time I tried to grow their seeds and all of that crowned by non germination of sometimes almost complete packs. Some cases gave me only one living plant from one pack of seeds. Of course never the type of plant advertised and what I was looking for. In the last 14 years I estimate that I grew at least 15 -20 packs of theirs from several sources, including their shop in Amsterdam. Those were the worst. I may add that I had one keeper of Super Skunk around 2015, but it wasn't like the old Super Skunk, so still an imposter plant. I may also add that I still don't give up on them as I have a few packs of Super Skunk and Skunk#1 but I guess after those it's case closed and up, up and away to new adventures. Space and time are too precious now at my age and there are so many other reliable breeders out there today. I call myself silly for still chasing that dream of their old genetics which they don't sell anymore and obviously didn't work back to perfection after their downfall, which any good breeder would have done. This year it was Super Skunk and Skunk 1 for me again and from 19 plants only 3 of the 9 Skunk 1 fem seeds grew into plants and from Super Skunk NONE! Only runts and non germinated seeds. The same with Super Skunk last year. I obtained these seeds always from different sources but the problems stay consistent.

William76

The first year or 2 of sensi,was still nevils work,and he left them plenty seeds,thats how they were good in the begining,just like ghsc and mr nice.once the seeds left to them by nev were sold out,there gear turns to shit,anyone else see a pattern here?,as said above the original nl(not the low odour crap of today)was comparable to anything nowadays and was a strong smelling and hitting strain.76

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Yeah and you didn't find a keeper from those hundreds of plants and then you limited access to your profile so nobody can see, lol.
he who seeks will find, I don't want to bother with you who are scrambling for 30 dollars to sell a package of your special seeds... I am a bigger beast with much bigger appetites. I'm not going down your mouse holes.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
The first year or 2 of sensi,was still nevils work,and he left them plenty seeds,thats how they were good in the begining,just like ghsc and mr nice.once the seeds left to them by nev were sold out,there gear turns to shit,anyone else see a pattern here?,as said above the original nl(not the low odour crap of today)was comparable to anything nowadays and was a strong smelling and hitting strain.76
1000015336.jpg

1000015337.jpg

1000015338.jpg

People that know how to grow...have different opinion.
😉

Latest posts

Latest posts