What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Sensi Seeds NL

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
How could you know how old I am? I'm born in the 70's, try to count
I wish I'm only 30, you want to know my birthday to send a gift or you realize you said something stupid and wrong. I've been a member for 17 years, you think I was 13 when I registered?
You're the one who need a life instead of stalking my posts and trying to guess my age, that's very unhealthy.
I try to give everyone a chance, but each new post of yours sounds worse and worse. from the comparison of skunk 1 with lemon OG haze. To your famous field where you will grow etc...over the cuted leaves so that I can see how well you plant. troll-magnon hahah

goingrey

Well, the best is to have personal experiences, that I already have. If somebody wants to get their own bad experiences, they are free to keep deaf and blind to all bad experiences Sensi has provided.

I doubt very much you have read anything from the forums I write and read, where I know people in person.

I have also grown a lot of their modern and old gear, so I can talk with experience and knowledge.

But you can show your ignorance as much as you feel you should.

Cheers
I read a post from a dude called Mustafunk in particular. I guess he is your buddy? Can you ask him where he got the "historical facts" about Sensi being raided and if he has like a news article about it or something to back it up?

Carraxe

Veteran
I read a post from a dude called Mustafunk in particular. I guess he is your buddy? Can you ask him where he got the "historical facts" about Sensi being raided and if he has like a news article about it or something to back it up?

Simple people need to simplify the reality in order to understand it. I'm sorry for you, man, but the cuts I have got haven't much to do with anybody you want to talk about. Have you got any trauma with this particular guy? I really doubt he has written anything about my cuts, especially since they were not the kind of thing he wrote about.

Have you grown and tested the forum's Jack or the Barraquera 1998 Black Domina or you just need to express your frustration? These are well known cuts that have been grown for decades and many people can say a lot about them. That's not your case, as you prove yourself. You have no idea.

Keep reading, it will make you wiser. There are several Jack Cuts around and I've had several of them, and a lot of info in several forums, written by people with experience.

Last edited:

goingrey

Simple people need to simplify the reality in order to understand it. I'm sorry for you, man, but the cuts I have got haven't much to do with anybody you want to talk about. Have you got any trauma with this particular guy? I really doubt he has written anything about my cuts, especially since they were not the kind of thing he wrote about.

Have you grown and tested the forum's Jack or the Barraquera 1998 Black Domina or you just need to express your frustration?
Well trauma is not the correct word but indeed I'm very frustrated about unsubstantiated claims being parroted as absolute truth on the forums. I heard that in 1998 Sensi was shit btw, in this thread. But glad you have something you like from them from that time period despite that.

Carraxe

Veteran
Well trauma is not the correct word but indeed I'm very frustrated about unsubstantiated claims being parroted as absolute truth on the forums. I heard that in 1998 Sensi was shit btw, in this thread. But glad you have something you like from them from that time period despite that.

Not only me. There are a lot of people keeping these genetics. The reason is that they are good. Most of weed produced today is overpriced garbage without proper genetic work. These 90s weed was made with acknowledgment and real breeding, and they are better than most.

I've been growing and testing shit from the USA. I didn't like them and I don't give a shit about them, they are too similar, and their structure and effect tends to be second class.

So, just enjoy what you like. I've been in the bussiness for +30 years, so I have enough experience to talk for myself.

I've seen pictures of Sensi's modern NLs that look good. But even if I was looking for a NL I wouldn't buy their seeds, I've already been scammed.

I repeat the question, have you grown any of these cuts, or you just talk about what people write on the internet?

linde

It wasn't some random theft, I know who did it, Have it on camera, they know I know, Had they just asked for cuts I would've happily rooted them a clone of whatever they would have liked , Years of work in isolation gone, Meh oh well, I am going to focus on straight up old school strains from here on out anyways and changing from true hp aeroponics to organics...... Time for a change :)

What are the two sensi strains your currently running? I know once I get the NL sorted and back I did see they had a Skunk #1 and if it's a real deal skunk I'm gonna get that next
I'm pretty sure I read that Sensi lost all their original breeding stock years ago. So what they have now is washed out mediocre stuff.

goingrey

Don't play dumb, the end of legal seeds production in the greenhouses of Holland had huge repercussions in the seeds business, no more huge selection with thousands plants who allow to create great seeds line, it moved to Swiss for a few years but it was quickly outlawed there as well, Mr Nice lost genetics at this period in Swiss.
You want personal experience but dismiss it when given to you.
For sure a huge setback the change in laws back then. But you don't need to do selections from thousands of plants to maintain parental plants of existing varieties.

I'm not looking for personal experiences but something like a newspaper article, police report, court proceedings... something like that.

Someone grew some seeds, turned out good or bad, it's interesting but doesn't really prove anything about genetics being lost.

kro-magnon

Veteran
For sure a huge setback the change in laws back then. But you don't need to do selections from thousands of plants to maintain parental plants of existing varieties.

I'm not looking for personal experiences but something like a newspaper article, police report, court proceedings... something like that.

Someone grew some seeds, turned out good or bad, it's interesting but doesn't really prove anything about genetics being lost.
Except it's not one person who had a bad experience but many, in the years 05/10 there was many threads on forums about growers mad about their results with their Sensi Seeds
Keep growing what you want but don't tell me Sensi sell the same genetics than before because unlike you I have grown the old version and some in the 2000's they were different.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Yes, I keep several strains from the 90s, and their origin has been meticulously registered decades ago in Spanish forums. Have a look on my threads. I keep a Jack Herer and a Black Domina ('98 cut). There are plenty of reasons to keep them.

You can also look for info on Sensi, there is plenty of info here about their decay, with a lot of personal testimonies.

It always impresses me when somebody brags on his ignorance. You can read some links in this forum, it will make you wiser. But just acting less stupid would be enough.

Go read, it will do you good.
I think I know the BD 98 who has turned a lot amongst spanish and french growers but I don't remember what your JH looks like, I think you a thread to document it years ago or I mistake tours with anther Jack Herer cut.
What type of pheno is your JH keeper ?

Carraxe

Veteran
I think I know the BD 98 who has turned a lot amongst spanish and french growers but I don't remember what your JH looks like, I think you a thread to document it years ago or I mistake tours with anther Jack Herer cut.
What type of pheno is your JH keeper ?

This is the Jack at 8 weeks. I used this plant to make a lot of genetic experiments.
It is a good sativa-leaning hybrid. Good producer, the effect is strong, and the aromas are like varnish with some lemon, quite complex. Easy to clone, its structure is strong, this one doesn't fall down under the weight of its flowers like many OGs do. This is also not a stinker like many other hybrids. Its terpenes aren't that voluble, you enjoy them when you roll a joint, and the scent it leaves in the air after burning a joint is pleasant and special. No filters needed to grow them indoors, like it happened back in the time with some sativa hybrids.

Budget Buds

Good Morning all,

So like everything on the internet, I take anything i hear with a grain of salt, For me to take what I hear here as gospel would be a poor decision. Peoples growing environments are all different and many people prolly aren't the most meticulous as far as growing cannabis.

At the end of the day just because one person says sensi is the dope beat and another refutes that claim doesn't make either of them right.

Genotype + Environment = Pheno ......

Example:

A few years back me and my neighbor did an experiment , I had some ethos Grandpa's stash R2 that performed meh in my room and I was questioning wether or not it was a very good strain, He took a few clones and produced something that was 100 times better than what I did. I am the better grower hands down, (he's come a long way in 6 years) but we have different rooms/lights/nutrients etc....

That strain in particular was just more conducive to the environment that he provided over the one I did...... The plants were genetically identical....A minute change can have drastic results when growing.

We had a similar thing happen with sweet seeds tropicanna poison, I bought the pack and ran 3 seeds, All of mine were red as the devils dick and he fell in love with it so I gave him some clones of what I had just ran, He couldn't get any of them to turn red..... Why ? Environment.

(in all honesty we do alot of side by sides and we have differences between final product in every side by side we do)

Some of the 1st foray's into growing I did in the early 00s were with seeds I pulled off a kilo of brick pack mexican, The smoke I produced was 10x what the bud I got the seeds from was.... (took 12+ weeks tho)

Alot of people are quick to blame the genetics as subpar if they have a run not do great.... In my opinion/experience 95% of the time it's external variables .

The Sensi seeds NL were shipped yesterday and are enroute to my house now

Am I being biased? Hell yes I am, I just spent 55 usd on 3 seeds and no one wants to hear they made a bad buy.

I've been RUI guy since 2011 but since they've banned everyone I've ever wanted to converse with and they have gone here I'm now pretty much a pure IC guy and since NO ONE on the two forums I frequent has done a proper Sensi seeds NL grow anytime in recent history.......

I'm going to do a documented grow here on IC mag and see for myself if they are still providing what I would consider a NL.......

Stay tuned folks, Once the seeds show up I'll update and link a grow journal hosted right here .

Thank you for everyones opinions and input. A huge thank you to @JustGrowing420 for those pictures, Alot of people have said they're not the same (sensi NL) and they've slipped, Those pics, they give me hope :)

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Grew a fem 3-pack last summer, they were not half bad, no idea if close to the orignal

#1 mild piney/earthy aroma
full

full

full

full

#2 stronger smell, peppery, earthy, floral, notes of fruit
full

full

full

full

#3 mild again, earthy/spicy
full

full

full

full
Nice flowers man 👍 I could smoke that. Afghani hitting?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
From what I hear Sensi Northern Lights is nothing like it used to be and you have to run 20 plants to get one you like.
However I will be buying a 3 pack of feminized like @JustGrowing420 Looks good. I see Sativa in the flowers, almost like foxtails. I really like that. Although, it's a "state of the art indica" so I'm a little confused. People will have a better answer but I like NL and these buds 👍

JustGrowing420

Good Morning all,

So like everything on the internet, I take anything i hear with a grain of salt, For me to take what I hear here as gospel would be a poor decision. Peoples growing environments are all different and many people prolly aren't the most meticulous as far as growing cannabis.

At the end of the day just because one person says sensi is the dope beat and another refutes that claim doesn't make either of them right.

Example:

A few years back me and my neighbor did an experiment , I had some ethos Grandpa's stash R2 that performed meh in my room and I was questioning wether or not it was a very good strain, He took a few clones and produced something that was 100 times better than what I did. I am the better grower hands down, (he's come a long way in 6 years) but we have different rooms/lights/nutrients etc....

That strain in particular was just more conducive to the environment that he provided over the one I did...... The plants were genetically identical....A minute change can have drastic results when growing.

We had a similar thing happen with sweet seeds tropicanna poison, I bought the pack and ran 3 seeds, All of mine were red as the devils dick and he fell in love with it so I gave him some clones of what I had just ran, He couldn't get any of them to turn red..... Why ? Environment.

(in all honesty we do alot of side by sides and we have differences between final product in every side by side we do)

Some of the 1st foray's into growing I did in the early 00s were with seeds I pulled off a kilo of brick pack mexican, The smoke I produced was 10x what the bud I got the seeds from was.... (took 12+ weeks tho)

Alot of people are quick to blame the genetics as subpar if they have a run not do great.... In my opinion/experience 95% of the time it's external variables .

Am I being biased? Hell yes I am, I just spent 55 usd on 3 seeds and no one wants to hear they made a bad buy.

I've been RUI guy since 2011 but since they've banned everyone I've ever wanted to converse with and they have gone here I'm now pretty much a pure IC guy and since NO ONE on the two forums I frequent has done a proper Sensi seeds NL grow anytime in recent history.......

I'm going to do a documented grow here on IC mag and see for myself if they are still providing what I would consider a NL.......

Stay tuned folks, Once the seeds show up I'll update and link a grow journal hosted right here .

Thank you for everyones opinions and input. A huge thank you to @JustGrowing420 for those pictures, Alot of people have said they're not the same (sensi NL) and they've slipped, Those pics, they give me hope :)
That's exactly why I chose to grow it too, even without experience of the original, I just wanted to see if it is good weed or not, to me.
Now having said that, it was nothing to be super excited about, but it didn't lack anything either, potent enough to feel through a well grown tolerance.
@D. B. Doober I have not grown or smoked pure afghani yet but if you mean heavy and relaxing, kinda narcotic yes it was that

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

From what I hear Sensi Northern Lights is nothing like it used to be and you have to run 20 plants to get one you like.
However I will be buying a 3 pack of feminized like @JustGrowing420 Looks good. I see Sativa in the flowers, almost like foxtails. I really like that. Although, it's a "state of the art indica" so I'm a little confused. People will have a better answer but I like NL and these buds 👍
Grown during summertime with temps reaching 34 celsius on some days, this can affect bud structure on many strains making them a bit more airy and foxtaily. Could be a factor to consider about the looks on mine.
Could very well be the genetics of course.

CharlesU Farley

...I'm going to do a documented grow here on IC mag and see for myself if they are still providing what I would consider a NL.......

Stay tuned folks, Once the seeds show up I'll update and link a grow journal hosted right here:) .
If I could get non feminized NL seeds _directly_from Sensi legally here in the US, I would probably do the same, just to compare and contrast.

The thing I'm going to be most interested in with your journal will be the structural uniformity of the plants. Do they all look the same or do some look like Type 1/Sativa or Type 2 /Indica plants? That's what Nevil provided to the foundational work that NL Seattle Greg originally did, uniformity and homogeneity.

One other thing, if any of them throw nanners, it ain't real NL. ;)

I can almost guarantee they won't look like this:

image-09.jpg

because that's almost 25 years of NL development and evolution. :cool:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Good Morning all,

Example:

Cool I'm curious to see what you'll end up with, I was more interested in the different skunk lines but I've grown a good portion of the old Sensi catalogue. I stopped growing their seeds because I had better results with other seed producers and I was a bit tired of the old Dutch genetics being mostly Skunk/NL/Haze, the not as good as before results I had with my last Sensi grow was the kicker I needed to look for something else, I'm glad I did because I've discovered so much genetic diversity since that time.