What's new

Rust stripes between viens Mg?

bibi40

Everytime I put plants under LED from flo they go to absolute shit in a matter of days. They go from a pleasant dark green to light and then develop dead spots begining at the leaf tips between the veins. Am I not feeding them enough?? Light is a 250w LED w samsung chips. Same thing happens under my fc-e4800. And thats why its back in the box and my hps is back out for winter.
is it that kind of rust you' re talking about ? :

IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3299.JPG

Art Vandelay

There is sufficient Calcium and Magnesium in Jacks 321. It used Epsom salt for part of the base for crying out loud. LED has to be some sort of joke.

I have a $500 POS Mars light if anyone is interested its new in box used 2 bloom cycles.
I’m having same issue sounds. I was up to 60 mls of Calmag per 10 gallons water. I think what was said up above is Calcium but the wrong form?? Check out Slownikle on instagram. Been trying to find alternative for the 321 another person is using yaraliva calcium nitrate and has seen these issues go away!

RudeDog

Veteran
Had the same issue when I swapped to a 200w LED in my veg tent, I run it at 20% now. I bought a bottle of Canna calcium mono feed and add that first at a rate of 1ml per litre then add A & B. Feeding at an EC of 1.5 - 1.7 and a ph of 5.8 fixed the problem.

LostTribe

Premium user
Had the same issue when I swapped to a 200w LED in my veg tent, I run it at 20% now. I bought a bottle of Canna calcium mono feed and add that first at a rate of 1ml per litre then add A & B. Feeding at an EC of 1.5 - 1.7 and a ph of 5.8 fixed the problem.
were you running RO or tap. Canna ab is supposed to be used with tap. Your post reminded me I was running ab with tap and adding a tsp or epsom salt to 5 gal. I still had issues with them.

LostTribe

Premium user
FWIW I was trying to run them in coco so I could leave them on a timer and be able to leave for a week or more. Soil is not an option for me and havent run soil for over 15 years. I do not have a small enough hydro set up for this size tent.

bibi40

Wtf is that ?

it' s the mystery rust symptom i got under my sp 6500 , 2 about 8 plants start to show at mid flowering ,
i got 1 plant about 7 under the same light last year ( and really more touched ) in one run , none on a second run ,
all others plants are very nice with the exact same conditions about feeding ,
flushin' did nothing for this ,
i guess some plants should be more sensitive about the light intensit , but i don' t want to lower the power since others plants flowering nicely ,

seems it's speed up the finishing of the touched plants ,
although i don' t know if it' s the same thing than the OP talk about since he didn' show pics or answer my question .

after this stage the leaves will continue to rust and finish dry like totally dead .

last year plant at the end :

img_2501-jpg.18833642

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
it' s the mystery rust symptom i got under my sp 6500 , 2 about 8 plants start to show at mid flowering ,
i got 1 plant about 7 under the same light last year ( and really more touched ) in one run , none on a second run ,
all others plants are very nice with the exact same conditions about feeding ,
flushin' did nothing for this ,
i guess some plants should be more sensitive about the light intensit , but i don' t want to lower the power since others plants flowering nicely ,

seems it's speed up the finishing of the touched plants ,
although i don' t know if it' s the same thing than the OP talk about since he didn' show pics or answer my question .

after this stage the leaves will continue to rust and finish dry like totally dead .

last year plant at the end :

img_2501-jpg.18833642
It can be too cold roots and to much light and plant gets fucked up.

bibi40

It can be too cold roots and to much light and plant gets fucked up.
for the last year one , possibly ,
but for the actual 2 plants ( i agree with the too much light , and think they are more sensitive to ) ,
i' m right now at 22°c at soil level and 25°c at canopy level , so i don't figure it .

anyway many thanks for your inputs since i have not really clue it' s always welcome !

goingrey

for the last year one , possibly ,
but for the actual 2 plants ( i agree with the too much light , and think they are more sensitive to ) ,
i' m right now at 22°c at soil level and 25°c at canopy level , so i don't figure it .

anyway many thanks for your inputs since i have not really clue it' s always welcome !
Do you think it could be a boron def, maybe caused by excess calcium? What kind of water?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Do you think it could be a boron def, maybe caused by excess calcium? What kind of water?
Boron def. mostly come with cold.
Maybe some pests also really look like there are many troubles.
If your soil is mostly wet which is case with Leds its breeding ground for various pests.
When I grow in soil under hids I need to water every 3-4 days max.
With leds I need to water every 7-9 days.

I think that leds if you dont have sealed room or you live in climates like Thailand and other hot places have sense
In all other setups its just pain in the ass.
AC will do the trick also..air cooled rooms or box dont grow with leds.

Last edited:

bibi40

i am generous with calcium , for sure ,
but didn' think about a def since it came from top leaves , not from the under ,
but perhaps it' s a possibility , don' t know ,
my water is well water , from a very good phreatic source ,
we drink it , and do anthing with ,
the 3 ancient owner gone near 100 old drinkin' that , so seems good :ROFLMAO:

goingrey

i am generous with calcium , for sure ,
but didn' think about a def since it came from top leaves , not from the under ,
but perhaps it' s a possibility , don' t know ,
my water is well water , from a very good phreatic source ,
we drink it , and do anthing with ,
the 3 ancient owner gone near 100 old drinkin' that , so seems good :ROFLMAO:
Geriatrics need that calcium for their bones hehe, well young people too. Could still cause issues when watering especially if you even add more. But phreatic means little calcium? Not really familiar with this..

Anyway, just a thought that came to mind reading this..

bibi40

Geriatrics need that calcium for their bones hehe, well young people too. Could still cause issues when watering especially if you even add more. But phreatic means little calcium? Not really familiar with this..

Anyway, just a thought that came to mind reading this..

many thanks for this bro ,
it' s the most interesting answer i got ,
i have to dig it up to figure the origin of the problem ( possibly too much humidity after readin' this article ) but i think you point it ,
pics are definitvly showin' my problem ,

but that show once again about just some plants ... so plants sensitivity are involved .

and that' s just happen under leds , but if it' s humidity relate seems logical , not so much humidity under Hps ...

thank you , will dig and report !

:tiphat:

negative37dBA

Veteran
I read thru but might have missed it. Do you know the PPFD that they are getting, not just how close they are or how dialed down the light is? I had a small learning curve when I first started with LED but still got good results. Now I have some of the best crops of my entire growing career with LED. I have found that keeping light intensity equal to growing conditions works best. Little less light might really help.
I have been running my veg plants around 450 to 500. I am in RDWC under a DIY PLC 630 watt with dimmers. I really have never been more happy with my setup or results. I rarely hit 1000 PPFD in flower with my setup and I consider it pretty optimal for growing.
Hope you see better results or you can always go back. For me the quality, ease of use, control and low heat from LED will keep me using it.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.

Last edited: