What's new

Rust stripes between viens Mg?

LostTribe

Premium user
Everytime I put plants under LED from flo they go to absolute shit in a matter of days. They go from a pleasant dark green to light and then develop dead spots begining at the leaf tips between the veins. Am I not feeding them enough?? Light is a 250w LED w samsung chips. Same thing happens under my fc-e4800. And thats why its back in the box and my hps is back out for winter.

exoticrobotic

Maybe it's due to drop in temps.

I noticed the same with Maxibright leds although it took a couple of weeks flowering to show.

Have zero experience with Mars products so can't comment there.

I never figured the striping/spotting out and couldn't be arsed trying to either.

Maybe someone will pop in with a 'theory'

LostTribe

Premium user
The same thing happens every time I have taken perfectly healthy clones and put under led.

Feeding 1.3ec ph 5.9 in coco. Its not the coco either its buffered. Mars and the other light both have the same affect.

Dime

Everytime I put plants under LED from flo they go to absolute shit in a matter of days. They go from a pleasant dark green to light and then develop dead spots begining at the leaf tips between the veins. Am I not feeding them enough?? Light is a 250w LED w samsung chips. Same thing happens under my fc-e4800. And thats why its back in the box and my hps is back out for winter.
If the change is that sudden ,maybe if you weaned or slowly introduced the light change instead of abruptly changing and limiting water in preparation would help and providing some partial shade till they adapt ,sounds like they are getting shocked. I find under LED the plant looks different too. The blades are wider than fluorescent or hid

exoticrobotic

Maybe the lights are too bright but without the required leaf temperature/pot temperature.

I found the problem worse when temps were on the low side.

I don't think you can grow really well with leds in the colder months without added heat from somewhere.

You could try asking in the led bud quality thread which has been going for 99 pages but expect to get flamed hard :love: and expect the stripes/brown spot issue to be sidetracked or put down to your growing inadequacies.

Good luck bro :rasta:

420mt

Ancient Alien
Veteran
How close are your plants from the led light?

bibi40

interresting aspect to point ,
never had to deal with that with HPS ,

i actually got 2 plants about 8 in the sp6500 box who are , none in the fc4800 or fc 3000 box ,
i did some search and there's no over - under fertilzation who give this results/aspects ,
rust , like you said , and finish like dust ....
2 years and i can't fix that ,
some parameters are now unknown,
from my side ( only seeds batch ),
it' s really unconsistent , like 1 or 2 plants about 4 are touched , others did it really well .
and touched plants are just like OK ...

for now my guess is just than some plants handle better light intensity/power than others ,

just a thought ...

any input welcome ...

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
All 6 different clones are fully screwed yet again. All yellowed out 5 days under led at the lowest setting and its at the top of the tent too.

LostTribe

Premium user
Apparently with leds you just need to adapt.

Something to do with Calmag :biggrin:
There is sufficient Calcium and Magnesium in Jacks 321. It used Epsom salt for part of the base for crying out loud. LED has to be some sort of joke.

I have a $500 POS Mars light if anyone is interested its new in box used 2 bloom cycles.

Timj

I'm no expert in coco. It's been years since I ran it. I do remember when I made the switch from HPS to LED my plants demanded much more calcium. I currently run QB boards and COB pendants that I've made. But, I grow in a coots type organic medium and have no issues with any of the LEDs I use. I even use a cheap 85 watt BloomSpec fixture for my seed runs and no issues.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm no expert in coco. It's been years since I ran it. I do remember when I made the switch from HPS to LED my plants demanded much more calcium. I've currently run QB boards and COB pendants that I've made. But, I grow in a coots type organic medium and have no issues with any of the LEDs I use. I even use a cheap 85 watt BloomSpec fixture for my seed runs and no issues.
I have a friend that might take the mars light but they have no clue on how to grow. I told her previously she'd probably want to go with soil to start. I will look into that mix for her. But it worries me if she cant pull it together she's stuck with that POS light. I have an old HPS I might give her to test out first.

In the meantime this little light I am hanging onto. 250w HLG knockoff, it ran a bloom cycle ok, buds were nice, but the whole thing was vegged under flos. This time they had 3 days in veg under this and its instantaneously screwed. The plants are twice as bad today. I had to remove the small box holding them up off the cold floor but theres now an air gap of about 8 inches and they are almost 4 ft from the qb.

Your deal sounds like what I've run into. I dont have any canna ab left so I just mixed up 1 gal tap with 1 tsp epsom and 1 tsp of maxibloom. This came out to 2.3 ec. Ph of 5.7 so I am running with that. I have heard people running way high ec too so lets try it. I am opposed to feeding extreme levels but for this experiment fine. Yes I got 25% runoff as I always do. I remove plants one by one and water over a grate so they don't even sit for a second in runoff either. See what happens.

I had issues getting my HPS tent back up and running good as I've been screwing with this led shit for so long I forgot how to grow dank for crying out loud. HPS was too brigth, dialed it down and the hydroponics is back to dark jade green in 48 hours. Go ahead blame the coco that shit is awful ass shit too! Back to basics.

H&H

Hortilux & Hydroton. Enough is enough.

Timj

I have a friend that might take the mars light but they have no clue on how to grow. I told her previously she'd probably want to go with soil to start. I will look into that mix for her. But it worries me if she cant pull it together she's stuck with that POS light. I have an old HPS I might give her to test out first.

In the meantime this little light I am hanging onto. 250w HLG knockoff, it ran a bloom cycle ok, buds were nice, but the whole thing was vegged under flos. This time they had 3 days in veg under this and its instantaneously screwed. The plants are twice as bad today. I had to remove the small box holding them up off the cold floor but theres now an air gap of about 8 inches and they are almost 4 ft from the qb.

Your deal sounds like what I've run into. I dont have any canna ab left so I just mixed up 1 gal tap with 1 tsp epsom and 1 tsp of maxibloom. This came out to 2.3 ec. Ph of 5.7 so I am running with that. I have heard people running way high ec too so lets try it. I am opposed to feeding extreme levels but for this experiment fine. Yes I got 25% runoff as I always do. I remove plants one by one and water over a grate so they don't even sit for a second in runoff either. See what happens.

I had issues getting my HPS tent back up and running good as I've been screwing with this led shit for so long I forgot how to grow dank for crying out loud. HPS was too brigth, dialed it down and the hydroponics is back to dark jade green in 48 hours. Go ahead blame the coco that shit is awful ass shit too! Back to basics.

H&H

Hortilux & Hydroton. Enough is enough.
I run my smaller QB135 Rspec and QB135 Bspec fixtures as well as my QB 260 fixtures 16" from the canopy and have no issues. The Bspec is my veg fixture. Jay_R_1787 uses that Mars FCE-6500 and grows some pretty nice plants in his 4x4. But, he also uses a coots type organic medium.
When I ran Hydro I was using Mills Ultimate coco with cork and running CocoTek nutrient line both A & B in Veg and Bloom. I found that using that combination my plants grew without issues. But, I rarely went over 600ppm with my feeds and 5.8 pH. Back then I was running a Mars II 400 watt LED in one tent and a Timber grow light that was 300 watts of COBs in another tent. So, my feeds were based on my lights outputs.

LostTribe

Premium user
Last time in coco once they went in led they looked the same until a few weeks passed. At that point they started to burn and I finally tested runnoff and it was over 3ec. We'll see if the 2.3 makes matters worse. If not I will have to toss them anyways.

Brother Nature

I had seen this same issue with LED's when I started out and was flowering under 3500k COB's. I've since bought different locally made lights (using Samsung LM301B Diodes @ 460pc x 3000k + 240pc x 5000k and Osram Diodes @ @ 40 x 660nm + 10 x 730nm) and haven't seen the same issue since, in the coco runs. I don't know about light science, but the change did seem to make a difference, I was running coco with only canna coco a+b, canna cal-mag, and drip clean as I was also using blumats.

I had a similar issue again after returning to soil growing and it had taken too many runs to try to figure out what it was so I replaced one of the led's with a cmh and that seems to be the best combo for my enviroment. Have had to add a humidifier though as the increased heat from the CMH severly lowered my rh levels in the tent.

LostTribe

Premium user
I prefer hydro to coco because there is no medium. You only have the water to deal with. Same for soil. In hydro you set it and that part is forgotten.

Latest posts

Latest posts