What's new

Diary Run #9: Fem hybrids. OG and Bubba Chunk

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have pulled the prominent tops and will give the rest of the plants a few more daze. Had to have some samples dried for 4/20.

This is the frostiest run I have had to date, despite the issues with the soil making the plants bushy and compact. Sugar leaves are covered with sugar. The nugs from the bubbas are very dense and have a chem type smell that is very nice. The OG is good also.

I'll figure out which plants hermed from the sample buds. If it is one of the bubbas, good. I will have more seeds.

Despite everything I do wrong, the last few runs have been a lot better because the air is filtered and being forced in. I run very slight positive pressure. I suggest that technique for every tent grower. The butter from the ABV is a lot cleaner with no dust sticking to the flowers. No PM or SM issues.

Having an adjustable light height system would be handy right now to set the light height after taking off the tall tops. I can't reach back there to get to the ratchets at the back. I gave Grow Strong the idea for the 'FlylowGethigh light hanging system', and maybe they will do something with it.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The misfit BC is the one that hermed hugely. It made a lot of huge fat seeds as if it was pollenated by a coconut tree. The dope gets me high though, so I'll save some of the seeds and move on.

Edit: So can a herm make pollen and infest a whole tent, or just make it's own seeds from scratch with no pollen?

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very sorry to hear that, not heard of any hermie in that line before IIRC... but LT genes would definitely make it a possibility.. you didn't really post any pics of that plant since early march.
Yes it can potentially pollinate a whole tent - depends on how much pollen and how fertile and free it was to get blown around. Any plant from seed grown for the first time needs looking over carefully at least once a week so as you catch them before that happens.
If you ordering from bay/boo at any point let me know and i'll try and sort out a replacement pack or something.
Hope you get some good smoke still
VG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I'm not worried about it. I just ground up a top bud of big Bubba and found two big fat seeds in it. Ima gonna save them and maybe try again with those. The sugar leaves are coated, the flowers are dense, the smoke is good, Very sticky greasy dope that is hard to get to grind properly. These trial tops were pulled almost a week ago.

I flipped them on 2/22, 2 months ago. Starting to see a little amber in the trics. I'll pull the rest of the tops at daybreak tomorrow and give the shaded lower buds some light for a while.

Last edited:

windmills

I'm not worried about it. I just ground up a top bud of big Bubba and found two big fat seeds in it. Ima gonna save them and maybe try again with those. The sugar leaves are coated, the flowers are dense, the smoke is good, Very sticky greasy dope that is hard to get to grind properly. These trial tops were pulled almost a week ago.

I flipped them on 2/22, 2 months ago. Starting to see a little amber in the trics. I'll pull the rest of the tops at daybreak tomorrow and give the shaded lower buds some light for a while.
Best of luck to you in your last endeavors. I particularly like the DC and BC strains. Combined sounds nice. Obliged

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Start out listening to Bob Marley, end up listening to the Stones album 'Sticky Fingers'...

DSC02197.JPG

DSC02198.JPG
DSC02199.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The Bubba buds are fluffy on the outside because I left the sugar leaves on. They were coated. Inside is the stickiest, densest, gooeyest dope I have ever grown. You have to use scissors to attempt to roll a joint. Gypsy’s grinders just clog up. The joint will burn the lumps, somehow. Hash plant. Good buzz too.

Nice job VG.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey thanks! - glad you're enjoying it. Sounds really good. Yeah i have that problem with grinders, i often use small very sharp scissors to shred my weed instead.
VG :tiphat: