What's new

Diary Run #9: Fem hybrids. OG and Bubba Chunk

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I changed out the SIP bed water, had a filter drop on to one of the OGs ( which split the stem where it was pinched, taped it back together, doing fine), and keep taking off top fan leaves. Tent is populated, all females, and chugging long... Big Bubba paces the light height adjustment. It is probably best that the nonconformist is smaller.

DSC02133.JPG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all looking good - nice green colour. The LTxDC Bubbas definitely both have wider leaves than the Og's

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You should have seen the huge leaves I have already cut off. The plants are making a lot of veg, not much stretch. Probably the soil, but big Bubba seems happy. I am keeping with the daily leaf removal and trying to avoid mold.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they all look very nice! tric's on the big LTDC bubba leaves at this early stage is promising.... any smells emerging ?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I dont see trics yet. Not as smelly as the one the guy destroyed, it seems. My combo doesn't make much smell though. We'll see in 4-6 weeks or so.

Edit: The pic does show trics I cant see with my eyes. he way the nearby fans have some trics too makes me wonder if the pistals send out some signal to make trics.

Edit again: Here's a closeup of the OG:

DSC02159.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They flipped to 12/12 about a month ago. Too many leaves in there. At least big Bubba has stopped making the huge fans, and the leaves it is making on top seem to be getting a tad more skinny. The top leaves on big Bubba sure do pray. Tey all have gotten the same same... soil, water, top feed. The OG at the front left recovered nicely from having a filter dropped on it, and being taped back together.

DSC02163.JPG

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess the big LTDC bubba is a bit more hungry as it has grown more than the others. I hope with the stretch that it is displaying that there is a bit more of the Lemon Thai in that one

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Big Bubba has been bigger from the get-go. Little Bubba is on par with the OGs.

It is still a mess in there. I go in with scissors, clip a few fans, see it's useless, and shut the tent back up. Where is 'Agent Orange' defoilant when you need it? I turned the fans up a notch to move more air and hope to avoid mold.

Mess: DSC02164.JPG

Big Bubba: DSC02166.JPG

OG: DSC02165.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The soil had an imbalance going in, but the frost on this run is the best I have had. Both strains are doing well, besides the dawg hairs which I don't mind. Sticky in there. I need to send off soil samples and see what's up. 3+ weeks to go. I would like to see leaves dying off on their own.

DSC02174.JPG OG

DSC02175.JPG Big Bubba

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I'll feed them today, as they are starting week 6 of flower. Probably feeding for for the last time as I think there are only 2 weeks left with them.

Big picture... there will be dope

DSC02182.JPG

Some OG...

DSC02183.JPG

... and some Bubba Chunk:

DSC02184.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It's looking good for a 4/20 pull. The OGs tric heads went cloudy yesterday. here is one of them off the plant the filter fell onto and split the stem.

Attachments

• DSC02189.JPG
    DSC02189.JPG
    659.4 KB · Views: 39

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks Giggles. They are being watched for signs to pull them. I sampled a bud of each variety and have the desired results. One seems to have hermed , but I am not sure which. I figure 4-20 is still the day.

1E3CB596-6671-42D6-83D4-1236511DBD92.jpeg

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
are there some seeds in the buds then? - your pic isn't such high res but i can't see any obvious nanners on any of them..
to my eyes the og's look more ready than the LTDC Bubbas
VG