What's new

Diary Run #9: Fem hybrids. OG and Bubba Chunk

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Moved them to bags, all had plenty of roots. Big BC is left rear, the other BC right rear. The two OGs in front. I hope I didn’t screw up the soil with all the crap I put in it. And I hope it is warm enough.

They were at 24/0. They see 18 hours of light each day now.

217BEA2A-BF0B-40B8-885C-3D97BB58654F.jpeg

Should I name the spare OG plant “Harry”?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They enjoyed their first night. Should I kick that goofy looking OG to the curb and deploy “Harry” the spare?

The sticky pads are for winged aphids that seem to come with the BAS top dress I used on the Dixie cups. They don’t last long when the top of the soil dries out.

3D26EB7E-38BB-4E4C-A6A9-6D283B6AF953.jpeg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not sure, likely the OG/Purple Caper in the tub has already stopped with the funky leaves and will grow on just fine...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Haven’t killed them yet. I deployed Harry the spare in the front right tub, because it was a healthier looking plant. The one that was removed will get tossed I think. They have all gotten the first pinch and plenty of top feed goodness.

Big Bubba:

9FD670E8-4D8F-4AB9-A9D0-385A0BF9BC20.jpeg

Little Bubba

E44E8AB6-4689-418A-A7BE-1182AA7590B3.jpeg

The OGs
BBCDD345-0F5A-4529-943A-FA2B2B2CE049.jpeg
2FD1B998-517F-4384-9DBF-77F5C9F2C57C.jpeg

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They are all low and bushy. The krinkling leaves don’t help either. I must have messed up my soil amending it. We’ll see how they do. Still 18/6.

Bubba Chunks

0F5D6335-A3EB-49AE-8662-3A897620AE44.jpeg

OGs

95F32262-AAE0-490F-8D3B-E63A19DA2D93.jpeg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard to see properly, but the 'crinkled leaf' seems to be very localized to individual leaf fingers? (mostly on the Ed Rosental OG) i still wonder if you have something nibbling some of the leaves a bit as they grow. Looks a bit like Capsid bug / Mirid Bug damage (their saliva causes plants to grow strangely when they nibble newly emerging leaves).
Looks too uneven to be nutrition related but hard to see cleafrly from the pics... I doubt it will be a big problem as the plants get bigger. In general looking good .
VG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
No bugs, but big bubba had a leaf rubbing on the edge of a bag. I have fed once a week, so I think they have enough N. Who knows? If they get a little taller I can top dress which has lots of EWC, then deal with the winged aphids which there are none now.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I did something to the soil alright. The soil now makes them short and bushy. I wonder what a sativa would do? They are still at 18/6.

They are all short and the leaves are screwed up. The ends are not being chewed, I believe.

Big bubba is bigger…

5CA6AE61-218F-4C79-AFE4-62D054B87E1D.jpeg

The other bubba can be seen in comparison…
38F351C1-4479-49CF-9181-8261A214C443.jpeg
The two OGs are bushy and small like little bubba:

3223FD5D-4EDA-4208-A859-F4C77FEB9460.jpeg
C9538F46-9B70-4D72-9F40-000B630A7F87.jpeg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well they all look a good colour which usually means they like the soil... either way i think they will be fine and hopefully grow out of it.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I fed them some more this AM. They went in the tent under 18/6 on 1/22. I figure I will flip them around 30 days, but we’ll see.

Why can’t the skinny leaf sativas learn this bushy trick?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I fed the OGs this morning and will get the bubbas tomorrow. It’s only been 3 weeks in there. Starting to get a whiff of dope when I open the tent.

Group shot:

53AF15E4-7DEA-41F1-BD4E-E9ACE08517B0.jpeg

Big Bubba:

FF89F19A-2C4C-42E3-9EA3-E067844B1689.jpeg

Little nonconformist has nonconforming leaves.

D0491A0A-0EDB-4CAB-BFD7-B593103E9BA1.jpeg

OG, but not Harry. Same leaf shapes and distortion makes me suspect the soil.

3432D3CD-1A4F-4327-9C9C-11332BEF8CCB.jpeg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they coming on well. Yes, indica dominants will usually grow outwards rather than upwards IF they have open space around them and big pots.
They look pretty good, the leaf thing i haven't really seen on cannabis plants but have seen similar on plenty of other regular garden plants... and usually i put it down to slight nibbling/sap sucking of growing leaves.. (the big one has grown more leaves more quickly so less affected/noticeable. ( i am a gardener by trade )

but if you are convinced it is something in the soil, i would doubt bad nutrition in the soil because they look happy. The only thing i can think of is slight damage from weedkiller residues which sometimes can happen if previously sprayed plants are not composted for long enough, or if they get spray drift from the fields or contamination into water supply
VG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I put a bunch of stuff I had laying around in the soil, including a bunch of dolomite lime, neem, kelp, alfalfa, barley, and a bunch more drainage like pumice and rice hulls, and a bunch of charged biochar. I am gonna keep stirring that tub and send a sample of that tub and the stuff that came from the last two runs for testing. We’ll see what Logan labs says.

Meanwhile they keep basking under 18/6 with the lights as high as the tent temp can stand, about 70%. I will flip them at 30 days under those conditions and see if they stretch. That is a week away. The microbes got recharged, the soil is sparking. I have noticed the clover has yellow leaves where the LED light hits.

39BD0E22-F768-40B5-AF14-C4CB2205B3BA.jpeg Good spark in there

I hope big bubba has the big stink her sister made outdoors.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
All 4 plants are making 9 leafers. This ain’t no 3 leaf indica. I gave them a little haircut and put on some top dress to raise the soil level in the bags. That stuff seems to breed flying bugs, which so far have not been an issue. I may hold off on flipping, but harvesting on 4-20 sounded cool.

4D38624F-67E6-4DEF-A262-4EE7B2716205.jpeg

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I looked up this "Ed Rosenthal Super OG" to see what they say it should look like, and the seeds are regs, not fems. These bushes are not stretching, and there are some 11 point fan leaves. I was high as fuck one night and saw where this place online had some Ace Lemon Thai seeds I wanted, and for some reason bought a pack of these too. I want some OG kush, not BS.

DSC02127.JPG 11 point OG leaf?

We'll see, but now I have to look for damn balls too. Good thing I found out. I was in there looking to cut minor branches earlier, and saw nothing looking like nanners. Maybe I got lucky..

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good! - did the OG's show as girls yet ?
Do you take clones of your plants in case you really like them and want to run them again?

Latest posts

Latest posts