What's new

Diary Run #9: Fem hybrids. OG and Bubba Chunk

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I want some kushy dope to counteract the sativas. This is what I picked, I hope they are fems anyways. These will go in the big tent after the Cindy finishes. I will wet 3 of each and hope to get 2 each females.

Verdant Green (lemon Thai x DC) x Bubba (retry). => BC
Purple Caper Ed Rosenthal super OG. => OG

0EAFEDFB-5C25-4023-A5C9-E992759DC212.jpeg

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the one on the right looks a bit odd for sure, could be genetic but also could be something nibbled the first true leaves when they were just starting to grow... hopefully will sort itself out. The one not up yet looks to be in a completely different soil mix with lots of perlite. That might dry out much more quickly than the rest so possibly worth keeping an eye on. Did you germinate them before planting or were they straight into the soil ?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The one not up is in the same mix as the others. I use a layer of FauxFarms seed starter on top when I put tails in the cups. The tails had just poked their noses out when I cupped them. The dark stuff is BAS ‘top dress’ that I put in to support the spindly stems and add Nitrogen, cause I think the stuff is mostly EWC.

I’m gonna go with the one on the right is a bushy bubba like the one I gave away. We’ll see.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah! right so it's just not been topdressed yet..
yes the LTxDC is a wide cross and then crossed to the bubba shouldn't cause any mutants but i guess there is always some chance of them with any seeds.
VG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These sprouts are slow compared to those Mr Flower just popped. I am digging the misfit BC. The OG are in back here to rotate the light coverage. They are boring with the consistency, VGs gear, not so much.

18516853-2107-4FB5-91E2-4C4637581565.jpeg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all looking good...
looks to be some good hybrid vigor in the big one !
the odd one looks like it is sorting itself out, looks like it lost the tip of those first leaves when they were tiny.
is the third one still not above the soil?
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah they're probably 10 years old those seeds so unless they've been kept in the freezer the germination rate will have gone down. They are very big seeds if i remember right...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
very nice show, I'd love to take a peak at the roots to see if there is an obvious difference in corresponding vigor.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hoped for variation when i did the (LT x DC) x Bubba - quite a few of them lean towards the bubba, i'm hoping your bigger seedling leans more towards the Lemon Thai.. we will see.
VG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Big Bubba Chink is ready to move into her bag tomorrow.

The vigor on that plant is the most I have seen yet.

2A4FB5E5-18FC-4693-9E59-F78A8ACA5398.jpeg