What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gert Lush

Veteran
Nice work there, Elladara, I'd never even heard of weed from Lesbos before, sounds cool. I've grown (and am currently growing) some Nepalese-Greek hybrids which ae turning out quite well. The Greek side was meant to be Kalamata, but you know how it is, everything is meant to be Kalamata, ha-hah.

I also have some seeds from Cental Greece (Olympos) and Northern Greece to try at some stage. I'll probably post once my current batch of (Nep x Gk) backrossed to Greek is down. Some look really interesting. Floral smells, sweet shop smells like honey nougat (mantolato), occassionlly minty or sagey, very subtle and intriguing. Extremely pleasant high as you describe, with loads of self-confidence for taking the stage, speaking, leading, etc....

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Atlantic Diesel. Chopped at 86 days. got a little too much nitrogen towards the end, but all in all not too bad. i wish i had a lab to test near here, but i think this plant might have some high cbd in it. gonna reveg and run it again with very little nutes. maybe i'll hand water this one in a bigger pot.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Stihg

I`ve checked out a bunch of your grows .
All have burnt leaf tips ?

I think you are feeding a too strong nute regime for the amount of watts your rockin .
Full strength nutes are appropriate for intense lighting @ 50 watts per square foot .

I think your plants could grow just as well if not better on a lower EC .

I use the Heath Robinson rule of EC no more than 1.2 . For lower wattage lower the EC .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

nachilloo

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saludos Sat Lovers, @[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sideshow-Bob actually by far one of my favorities day-time smoke, RS are fantastic jj-- hope you enjoi :smokeit:
OTH23, very windy day, difficult to have a nice shot, is being a hard OD session this year
picture.php

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
the zamaldelica looks great rubio, curious to hear your opinion on her once she's finished!

Saludos Sat Lovers, @[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sideshow-Bob actually by far one of my favorities day-time smoke, RS are fantastic jj-- hope you enjoi :smokeit:
OTH23, very windy day, difficult to have a nice shot, is being a hard OD session this year
View Image
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

yeah it's perfect everyday herb, i can't get enough of it! You selected the father used for the cross right? Much respect and thanks for sharing :)

nice oth#23! looks like she is more of an intermediate expression than full on purple, i love the hazy-burgundry taste that she gives to her offspring!

here's another red snake:

picture.php

good vibes

mukuku

Making some new hybrid F1 Sativas in 2015.

Neviles Haze(f) x SSSDH(m)

Do any of these sound interesting to the sativa lovers in here?
Feedback or opinions would be appreciated.

yes I did it two years ago. the smoke was one of the strongest of my life :

I had a loss of consciousness for an hour...like a newbee !

I lost my seeds thereafter...I'm a rolling stone that gathers no moss

BoldAsLove

Veteran
I have a question for fellow tropical NLD growers:

Have you ever matured a tropical NLD plant fully and then reveged the entire plant without cutting any flower down?

I ask because that's exactly what happened with these two Oldtimer's Haze plants, and their clones ended up growing like this:

picture.php

picture.php

Instead of like this:

picture.php

picture.php

These last two pictures were clones originally taken in early flower from the seed plants (around three months into the plants' life). I couldn't get #5 or #16 to clone, so I ended up reveging those entire plants AFTER they had already had 6 months of life (3 months of flower to mature their seeds in a window lit room). I realize this could just be due to the extra maturity time of those two particular seed plants, but it's a stark difference in structure compared to the rest of the plants grown from clone. Especially when all of the seed plants looked so similar in structure when matured in the window lit room. I've reveged sativas before (granted not quite so tropical as these) and they never changed structure so much.

So, this is the question I pose to all you experts :D

Maturity time of seed plant? Reveg method? Just genetics? Lucky soil mix? What do you think?

onefinity

BoldAsLove- I can't even venture a guess, but that #5 is stunning. I saw it posted in another thread and said "DAMN!"

I'd love to know, and I'd sure as hell keep her around...

BoldAsLove

Veteran
lol thanks Wald, yellow feva FTW :biggrin: That's my best guess as well. Just thought maybe a discovery was made, but then I looked back on some old threads, and read some good sounding advice from RandyCalifornia on the subject of maturing tropical seed plants for longer than usual (I think he said around 6 months) before cloning for flower and that they tend to perform much better for indoors. Not sure if he checks out this thread or not..

Hey onefinity, yep it's being pollinated with each individual male and I'm attempting to make some S1 seeds too. I hope to keep the cut alive throughout an upcoming long distance move too.

:ying:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
I have a question for fellow tropical NLD growers:

Have you ever matured a tropical NLD plant fully and then reveged the entire plant without cutting any flower down?

I ask because that's exactly what happened with these two Oldtimer's Haze plants, and their clones ended up growing like this:

View Image
View Image

Instead of like this:

View Image
View Image

These last two pictures were clones originally taken in early flower from the seed plants (around three months into the plants' life). I couldn't get #5 or #16 to clone, so I ended up reveging those entire plants AFTER they had already had 6 months of life (3 months of flower to mature their seeds in a window lit room). I realize this could just be due to the extra maturity time of those two particular seed plants, but it's a stark difference in structure compared to the rest of the plants grown from clone. Especially when all of the seed plants looked so similar in structure when matured in the window lit room. I've reveged sativas before (granted not quite so tropical as these) and they never changed structure so much.

So, this is the question I pose to all you experts :D

Maturity time of seed plant? Reveg method? Just genetics? Lucky soil mix? What do you think?

Impressive! I have seen flower structure changing in revegged plants, but never to that extent... I don't think it's purely maturing of the genetics as i have seen it on clones that were already a few years old. I am going to try and reveg and reflower a green haze thai with a very typical OTH structure to see if your results are reproducible.

good vibes :)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day BAL

So the seed plants were grown in a room with a window .
Were the clones grown in the same space ?
Where they grown through the equivelant / same season ? Same conditions [esp temps ]

I agree the maturity of the mother can make a difference . But the difference in the angle of the sun from one season to another could be a major factor .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

gemed

Want to thank ROMS for 2012 Swazi seeds, seeded outdoors in center of Ukraine. Sure this seeds need to be grown indoors, begins to flower in October or so, was raining and chill weather so only micro budds, but the main amazing thing is that MALE leafs was absolutely beast - very very pure sativa high, with large paranoya and psy effect. Its like for war or sex, lot of pure physical energy and clean mind, interesting effect. But i think its needed to make hybrids of Swazi indoors. Overall unique stain for indoor.

BoldAsLove

Veteran
G`day BAL

So the seed plants were grown in a room with a window .
Were the clones grown in the same space ?
Where they grown through the equivelant / same season ? Same conditions [esp temps ]

I agree the maturity of the mother can make a difference . But the difference in the angle of the sun from one season to another could be a major factor .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Thanks for chiming in EB. Let me explain the events a little more clearly and more detailed:

1. Seeds were germed and plants were veged under LED (14/10) for 3 months

2. LED was flipped to 11/13 and the plants were allowed to make their initial stretch under LED (about another 3 weeks)

3. Clones were taken during this time except for #5 and #16 which wouldn't go, and were rooted and placed under the LEDs at 11/13

4. Seed plants were pollinated for the first time

5. Seed plants were moved to a window lit room to mature the seeds another 2.5 months (worked great). They saw around two to three hours of direct light a day.

6. #5 and #16 were placed in a closet with fresh soil and a 42w cfl on 24/0 to reveg. I didn't cut anything off the plants. The entire plants were placed into the closet. The plants reveged from the tops of the flowers, and clones were taken and grown under the LEDs.

Environments would have differed as such:

LED box on average was around 26 c day/ 20 c night with 60 - 70% RH

Window room was on average around 22 c day/ 20 c night with 40 - 50% RH

I found a couple pics I took of those seed plants in the window lit room, though I wish the pics were better and that #5 was a side view:

#5 seed plant

picture.php

#8 seed plant

picture.php

Impressive! I have seen flower structure changing in revegged plants, but never to that extent... I don't think it's purely maturing of the genetics as i have seen it on clones that were already a few years old. I am going to try and reveg and reflower a green haze thai with a very typical OTH structure to see if your results are reproducible.

good vibes
smile.gif

I appreciate your thoughts very much too Sideshow-Bob. That would be great if you could try it! :) I've been scratching my head about this for a while now..

Status
Not open for further replies.