What's new

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Dankwolf

I know what you say but to the trained eye, the big fan 5 fingered leaves near the top shows its clearly a hybrid and not a pure sativa. A pure sativa would never do that. Just because it has very slender leaves at the top ( or x4 stretch ) doesn't make it a pure sativa. Structure also plays a role and leaf/stem structure screams indica to me. I know for sure that none of my mostly/pure sativas do this but I have many 50/50 and mostly sativas that do this. But none of my "full blown" sativas do that.

Neville's haze would never do that ( unless its some extreme NL5 pheno ) and its 75% percent... so what you have there is probably less.

Whenever you see "crowns" like this near the top you know there is some indica blood in there. As a general rule, a sativa would stretch first produce 3 leaves and then single blades before it would start flowering. But this to the untrained eye would seem like a pure sativa. I know it's not black and white and it's a bit of a generalization.

So I kinda agree with the guy that said this is not ( pure ) sativa. It looks like 50/50 at best to me. If you've grown A11 from MrSoul it does the same thing textbook. Very slender leaves almost like a pure haze when flowering , they stretch x4 but finish in 50 days. And when you see this morphological structure you also its not some crazy 14weekers but usually something faster 9-11. These hybrids combine the slenderness of leaves and structure and stretch from sativas but the resin and fastness of flowering from indicas. They look more sativa than what they really are. These are all generalizations and there are extreme examples of course.

It's because of the flowering hormonal changes. Pure sativas gradually build this so they will produce 3 and then single blade leaves. When you see 5 fingered leaves near the top it means there was a sudden hormonal shift which is ultra rare amongst pure sativas. That's why most pure sativas take ages to start flowering too and not 2-3 weeks. The best way to mimic this effect with pure sativas is to go from 24/0 MH to 8/16 HPS with 48hrs darkness ( maybe a couple of times ) and you might get this(11-9-7-5 leaves near the budding tops instead of 7-5-3-1 )

Your edit is for a laugh ? Fingers of leafs and flowing lol how many strians have you grown ....?..............................

1 photo of veg and flower and you call that much with out a light schedule , medium/ fert schedule, or even the finish time that has yet to come . is it just me or do you seam /seem full of b.s. x b.s. .

leet

I've grown most hazes from MNS for 15 years now. I know them like a mom knows her child. There are many reports at the MNS forums under the name "l33t". I have reports for Mango haze , SSH , Nevils Haze and others if you want to have a look. I have seen and grown thousands of MNS hazes. You don't have to believe what I say and you can disagree but calling BS on me is disrespectful.

Have a nice day Sir :)

Neville's Haze

Neville_sHaze_SunlitCuredBud_004.jpg

Mango Haze

MH_Bud_00009sn.jpg

Super Silver Haze NL5 pheno

ssh_NL_pheno.jpg

sdd420

Veteran
I've grown most hazes from MNS for 15 years now. I know them like a mom knows her child. There are many reports at the MNS forums under the name "l33t". I have reports for Mango haze , SSH , Nevils Haze and others if you want to have a look. I have seen and grown thousands of MNS hazes. You don't have to believe what I say and you can disagree but calling BS on me is disrespectful.

Have a nice day Sir :)

Neville's Haze

View Image

Mango Haze

View Image
Super Silver Haze NL5 pheno

View Image

Respect..out of those which is the best mr nice haze?

leet

The Neville's is the most potent for me but also the most difficult to grow . SSH yields the best, Mango Haze has the best taste. You will find most keepers in SSH then Mango then Nevs. Nev's is the trippiest, SSH is trippy but heavy, Mango is a bit lighter more up and clear. If you want a pure sativa high or similar then Nevs is probably the only choice really from MNS, if you want more selection then look at other seedbanks like ACE seeds

Ncali

Veteran
L33t I have enjoyed your grows and reports. How'd la nina tickle your fancy? Same league as nh, ssh, or mh?

Just curious, liked her a bit.

B

Bucket-Bong

Cheers Thai Bliss

Cheers Thai Bliss

I can't believe how much this plant looks like my special selected plant from the latest generation of my pollen chucking project.

Bucket-Bong's:
View Image

My latest came from a cross with Kali Mist:
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

The funny thing is, I'll be soon sprouting some Gypsy Thai x Mullumbimby Madness x Neville's Haze. When I tame the ripening date of my selection a bit, I'll likely be crossing it into the children of the mother plant I just posted above.

The aromas of the plant above were sour lemon, sweet and earthy orange, mint, menthol, leather. Reports from patients indicate "really good" weed with a "very uplifting" effect.

ThaiBliss

Howdy Thai Bliss, lovely to " meet " you mate n I agree they look mucho similar as plants

It can drive a man crazy trying to work out the plant pedigrees of things you're not certain about.

I have read before that Kali Mist is C5 ( aka NL5 X Haze "C" ) crossed to a sativa like Thai or Colombian but its all supposition eh. It makes me think " stuffed if I know what the secret ingredient in the MOX or Kali Mist is " :biggrin:

Here are a couple more pics of my fave MOX S1 plant. I think is either Oaxacan Widow x Mullum Madness orrrr Oaxacan - NLHaze x Mullum Madness :dance013:;)

v19J37d.jpg

pSiKFPN.jpg

Cheers Mate, have a great one.

Siever

Veteran
Hey Leet,

Firsst of all: thanks for shaaring the knowledge. Can you please tell me what you think about Angels Breath & Nevilles Mango Haze?
I' ve always been tempted by them.

Siever

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I have read before that Kali Mist is C5 ( aka NL5 X Haze "C" ) crossed to a sativa like Thai or Colombian but its all supposition...
I think you meant Cambodian, not Colombian.

I never heard the Haze C5 in Kali Mist theory, but it makes so much sense. I'm narrowing in on a certain type of high and one of my key plants is a Neville's Haze descendent that I've made. It will likely be crossed to my Kali Mist cross in order to reinforce that high I'm looking for.

Thai Stick had such a unique and powerful high. Pure Thai is really difficult to grow and get good results in environments outside of S.E. Asia, and almost all crosses lose the quality and power. Difficult to find exceptions where I've seen the high come across are rare expressions of Neville's Haze and Kali Mist.

I just got done posting a long story about it in "The Search for Trip Weed" thread.

T.B.

harvestreaper

Veteran
The Neville's is the most potent for me but also the most difficult to grow . SSH yields the best, Mango Haze has the best taste. You will find most keepers in SSH then Mango then Nevs. Nev's is the trippiest, SSH is trippy but heavy, Mango is a bit lighter more up and clear. If you want a pure sativa high or similar then Nevs is probably the only choice really from MNS, if you want more selection then look at other seedbanks like ACE seeds

have you tried the doors from mns leet?

JohnnyChicago

Can you please tell me what you think about Angels Breath & Nevilles Mango Haze?
I' ve always been tempted by them.

Nevilles Haze Mango, the worst strain I ever had. (the seeds were from 2011)

picture.php

Schnazzled Pan-o-Haze (Pan-o-Haze x Chimera's Schnazzleberry II)

picture.php

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
L33t I have enjoyed your grows and reports. How'd la nina tickle your fancy? Same league as nh, ssh, or mh?

Just curious, liked her a bit.

fwiw IMO.....

I've grown all the MNS gear too, well most of it many times over, certainly all the strains in talks here... I personally disliked LaNina the most of anything I ever grew from them.... Plants looked great, easy to grow, just hated the buzz, not the POI I was after..... Doors was ok for member who asked, not anywhere as good as older NH or MH stock IMO.... Finding the right NH papa will guarantee you quality for years to come, well worth the hunt, ideally 2012 or earlier stock I've found is important too.

Peace

leet

I haven't grown the Doors but I have grown La Nina, I thought the plants didnt have the vigour or the yield of other MNS hazes, but I thought the smell/taste was truly excellent and the high is pheno dependant but the best ones I had smell like turpentine/white spirit/paint-metal shop with floral tones. I thought the high of this plant was exceptional . Sativa without the paranoia and the edgyness only good vibes, unlike the other MNS hazes where it can get very trippy and disorienting. The buds were exceptionally crystally.
I wouldn't mind sharing La Nina with a newbie smoker but I would hesitate to share smoke of any Neville's Haze or SSH.

I havent grown Nevilles Haze Mango from MNS but I have crossed 17 mango haze females to the only NH dad I got from the '97 seeds made by Nevil and I grew around a thousand plants, found truly exceptional plants, more than not. The smells usually come like this :

Pine > Lemon > Pineapple/Mango > Incense > Catpiss

I agree when you find a good NH dad you are in for a treat for years to come.

Neville's Haze male from 97' seed made by Nevil. OJD has my last 10 (?) MHxNH seeds :) I know there is a keeper in there :) I had 98% germination rate from 10 year old seed I made.

Neville_sHaze_Male_01.jpg

My favourite La Nina plant :

lninaHazyCuredjewelCloseup_sunlit2.jpg

Another good pheno of La Nina looked like that :

lninaWWCuredjewelCloseup_sunlit1.jpg

Last edited:
B

beanz

purple old timers x a5/thai
bit of a unique experience ....I,m walking under the lower net thats set at 7 feet .... can,t share what that feels like walking under these with you.... but can share a pic . ;)
picture.php

Last edited: