What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

TheDarkStorm

from what you are saying it seems to indicate someone passed them some seeds called haze?? or at least passed them some seed?
however from memory i seem to recall sam saying they purchased colombian pot and got the seed from that , how they know what it was i guess is information privy to them ,
why they called it haze , also i have no idea ,
nor do i know much about that old timers haze that you are mentioning , though hempy certainly has mentioned what he knows about it on occasion so he may be the guy to ask some information on that , he seemed to think its not haze for reasons only he can answer darkie ..

was it even in 69 (is that a date you mention due to the supposed seed pack with that written on it according to nevil)?? , ,again i dont have that information ,

though im pretty sure sam would know since they were his neigbours and i gather he asked as many questions as he could about the stuff .... and im sure he tells as much as he knows as accurately as he is able...

no point in us speculating about things we dont have information on i dont reckon ....
Weird coincidence for you donald...after shanti baba came out with that the seed nevil used was 1969 or earlier stock...it was only then revealed by sam that thats wen the brothers first sourced seed an started working a line........big herb got this info too from someone who was actually part of that haze crew wich also confirms this....Tod also backs up the 1969 date as the date the haze crew sourced an later started ther thing an you know wer his info comes from.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
If you knew Nevile you will know that he smoke J with lot of tobbaco.
He need very aromatic taste to even feel in it J.
And main selection he was searching for was resin and potency.

So probably his Hazes have more potency than old Hazes cuz he breed them just for potency.
I never smoke Nevile Haze or NL5xhaze cut that i didnt feel after smoking for the rest of the day.
Not heavy as Indica but you can feel that you are stoned.
While in Original haze I have expirience when high is gone it is gone like you were never high.
And also forgot to say.
In afternoon or night i cant feel original haze high just some state of energy.
It is like skunk1 very close it hits you hard at day.
But second or 3rd splif I didnt feel at all.
Expecialy at night ,you can smoke them like cigarets.
You dont feel nothing just you dont want to sleep.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
After 5th day of smoking O haze.
You dont feel nothing any more.
It is the strain that after 5 day you have tollerance build up so strong that you dont feel any high at all.
To me it is inferior to Nevilles selection.
But again if i smoke very strong weed for long time I need something lighter.
I need at least 3-5 strains to be happy.
The longest I can smoke daily is haze+skunk+NL in any combination it is the strain combo which today still havent smoke anything better overal

leet

Also Todd posted these pics as 100% Original haze Colombian, supposedly the same seed Nevil got.

Well if you grow any Hazes from Nevil , you would instantly know these plants look NOTHING like a Nevils Haze( or SSH/MH 15wk phenos )

Not to mention Nevils Haze looks more sativa ( thin leaf ) compared to this Original Haze LOL

If this is the same Haze Nevil got, I am Santa Claus.

Maybe SamS should admit after 20 years he doesnt have any similar seed and as good seed to what Nevil sold ?

Why scam people and say this is the same seed Nevil got ? It isnt obivously. Money ?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is how hazes from Nevil look ( 3/4 OH , 1/4 NL5 ) :

picture.php

Last edited:
B

Benny106

Guys when is the haze cup going to be??

I prefer them with a nice long cure 6month plus, if we are looking for the 5 month flower bunnings bush phenos that dont leave much time.

Plus it matters which country its held in for logistics, loose airy flowers travel like tacos...hopefully looks will be second too because sallys never really were lookers by modern standards.

TheDarkStorm

Icmag420 cup

April 17-20

Yes i would like to suggest a Haze category if this Haze category takes of like i hope it will.

Also i ask that more Haze Connoisseur's be the judges not just any normal icmag judge

Here you go bean...I believe that would be april 17th - 20th 2021

TheDarkStorm

Also Todd posted these pics as 100% Original haze Colombian, supposedly the same seed Nevil got.

Well if you grow any Hazes from Nevil , you would instantly know these plants look NOTHING like a Nevils Haze( or SSH/MH 15wk phenos )

Not to mention Nevils Haze looks more sativa ( thin leaf ) compared to this Original Haze LOL

If this is the same Haze Nevil got, I am Santa Claus.

Maybe SamS should admit after 20 years he doesnt have any similar seed and as good seed to what Nevil sold ?

Why scam people and say this is the same seed Nevil got ? It isnt obivously. Money ?

View Image

View Image

View Image

This is how hazes from Nevil look ( 3/4 OH , 1/4 NL5 ) :

View Image

Some of sams come out similar leet....but the suprising thing is nevil held the parents to make that type....yet each individual parent was different and gave very distinct types in ther children that wer different to the other parent...an the more weird thing is the throw back types that come out ...or wen the original f1 nh is f2'd....ther are some really ancient plants that show up...some very old jungle looking landrace sativa types...types that are very rarely seen nowdays.....same happend wen the a5 was s1'd...some of the plants coming out wer very old jungle type sativas.
Any way just to point out leet that sam is being fare in saying he is the only source (other than the haze crew) of the line know an labeled as the ORIGINAL haze...an thats wat he stands behind.....the rest is up to individuals wat they want and like an chose to source

Ps .your pictures of nh has a 1/4 nl in it...imagine how the plants would have looked had one of the males been reversed an pollen fron the other male put on it....

leet

TheDarkStorm : Well thats your point, not my point.

Well good luck growing this Todd colombian Original Haze and finding what Nevil found. Judging at the plant Todd showed us , you will never get anything close to a good spicey/frankincense Haze dominant pheno of Nevils Haze with this line unless its super unstable and the plant Todd showed us is not a representative example of the line. The point is Todd markets this as similar source with Nev of OH , which judging by the pics is a scam.

Thats the point.

At least if you are gonna mention that this seed is what Nevil got, at least make an effort to make the plants look a bit similar :D

It is like the new fake Bros Grim claiming they have all these original c99 genetics . SCAM

TheDarkStorm

TheDarkStorm : Well thats your point, not my point.

Well good luck growing this Todd colombian Original Haze and finding what Nevil found. Judging at the plant Todd showed us , you will never get anything close to a good spicey/frankincense Haze dominant pheno of Nevils Haze with this line unless its super unstable and the plant Todd showed us is not a representative example of the line. The point is Todd markets this as similar source with Nev of OH , which judging by the pics is a scam.

Thats the point.

It is like the new fake Bros Grim claiming they have the old original c99. SCAM

Sory leet maybe I should have been abit more specific...those more sativa type plants from sams stuff more so come from the seedsman haze an sams old haze sometimes refered to as the 90's haze..mad mac has pictures....I dont mean efect an taste...but more so look....thers one ir two from tods line aswell but they apear more lumbo type than the longer more streached out nevils haze....this is one of tods
I do agree ther different tho

Attachments

• 63846ef4da234bee8c482dc527b87495cb17297d.jpg
    63846ef4da234bee8c482dc527b87495cb17297d.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 19

leet

yes we smoked lots of seedsman original haze , there is a slight hint of frankincense in 5% of plants but nothing was as good as the NH, it was good though. This was the most common plant Ive ever smoke with my Nevils Haze, it was clearer and weaker, not as trippy. If I hadnt smoked this plant I would still wonder if Nevils Haze and Original Haze had ANYTHING in common. I say this because the other original haze Ive smoked was not frankincnense at all but like a Thai , so very different to Nevs, some of them did have similar looks though but didnt smoke like a colombian frankincense, which is the best type of haze for me

Has anyone grown and smoked Todds/SamS Original Haze ? Is it any similar to dutch hazes ( nevils ) ?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
If you knew Nevile you will know that he smoke J with lot of tobbaco.
He need very aromatic taste to even feel in it J.
And main selection he was searching for was resin and potency.

So probably his Hazes have more potency than old Hazes cuz he breed them just for potency.
I never smoke Nevile Haze or NL5xhaze cut that i didnt feel after smoking for the rest of the day.
Not heavy as Indica but you can feel that you are stoned.
While in Original haze I have expirience when high is gone it is gone like you were never high.
And also forgot to say.
In afternoon or night i cant feel original haze high just some state of energy.
It is like skunk1 very close it hits you hard at day.
But second or 3rd splif I didnt feel at all.
Expecialy at night ,you can smoke them like cigarets.
You dont feel nothing just you dont want to sleep.

Dude.... well pull... I gotta get Nevhaze now

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
yes we smoked lots of seedsman original haze , there is a slight hint of frankincense in 5% of plants but nothing was as good as the NH, it was good though. This was the most common plant Ive ever smoke with my Nevils Haze, it was clearer and weaker, not as trippy. If I hadnt smoked this plant I would still wonder if Nevils Haze and Original Haze had ANYTHING in common. I say this because the other original haze Ive smoked was not frankincnense at all but like a Thai , so very different to Nevs, some of them did have similar looks though but didnt smoke like a colombian frankincense, which is the best type of haze for me

Has anyone grown and smoked Todds/SamS Original Haze ? Is it any similar to dutch hazes ( nevils ) ?

I'm growing Todd's haze right now. Haven't smoked any yet because they're not ready and they won't be ready for at least another month...then I'll have to cure them all for another 6 weeks before sampling.

Seeing some phenotypical variation plant to plant, but they all pretty much smell the same...woody, soapy, spicey...similar to the colombian I'm growing in some ways, different in others. They are all sexually stable, mold hasn't been an issue.

Different plants with closeup cola shot for each...

This plant reminds me of NH a bit...although I grew my NH from the silver packs years ago, so they were a bit more wide leafed than this one...
4tQ2FQal.jpg

W61QoJcl.jpg

This one is turning purple with the colder weather...similar to the Colombian I'm growing. The buds have a more SE asian look to them. The colas on this plant look similar to the VB x Laos I'm growing.
aQyL1xhl.jpg

coouZ5rl.jpg

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Dude.... well pull... I gotta get Nevhaze now

If you’re hoping to find something similar to what leet has shown...all I can say is good luck.

The modern version of NH doesn’t look anything like that...unless shanti did some work on bringing back those original seed since the time I bought my packs in 2009/2010.

I grew out a handful of NH from the silver packs years ago and they didn’t look anything like what leet is growing. I think it’s possible something happened to the seed line after Nevil gave the reins to shanti, but then again, I only grew out a half pack. I found all the plants to have a similar look and all that, very sexually stable, good yields, etc...but none of them looked like what leet is growing from 97 or whatever. Not even close, as a matter of fact.

I’m not saying the "newer" line is bad or trashing shanti’s work with the line, but I think I’d rather grow Mac’s haze at this point...just to try it out and see what the differences are.

I try to stay as objective as possible until I’ve grown out a line myself. It’s hard to judge things by looking at a few pictures on IG.

HB.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The main trait i notice is the red hairs for the incense i like... I trust Shanti, he knows haze and isn't dumb enough to select towards too much NL in the population. Which the majority of breeders these days would do just cause they want faster shit that people will finish and spread the word for marketing.... and I know damn well shanti has access to enough stuff to do a sift and eyeball for shit for the rest of his life and would put up his closest shot which is better than most.....

So far the best representation ive experienced has been some f2s a friend made using Topdawg Nigerian x Mangohaze... so..... I know Mangohaze has what i want... So Nev Haze is def official.

harvestreaper

Veteran
very nice hb ,,,seem to have some similar phenos here ,, mine to are as you say louder, an tackier than i expected ,something like pineapple on a couple , a few a lot faster than expected to

LostTribe

Premium user
Mango haze is a great line. I’d grow it again no problem...the smoke is great and it’s an easy plant to grow.

HB.

Thanks for the OHz update! They look great!

Not sure about MNS NH I got an auction pack 4/5 years ago ran a few and they got binned. Nothing like L33t's. Good thing they were the cheapest seeds I've bought in a long time. I'd still like to try the Mango better reports.