What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Tropical Sativa

The Colombian Red I got, from about 1973-1976 was very gooey, deep redish black/brown, and was serious couch lock, red eye weed.Music sounded great, and food tasted wonderful. I had heard they had a special method of curing it. I heard they buried it. Probably pre dried. It was being brought into Oakland harbor in big freighter ships. Ot went for 40 bucks a zip, and it was well worth it. It did have seeds in it, and they grew too.
I think Sam lived just down the coast a bit, and Im sure he was getting the same Columbian then too. They brought in tons of the stuff

I was known as the "Columbian Man" because I always had it. I had a great contact

Sounds amazing dude, wish i could have been there at that time. The weed, the music. I imagine you saw loads of great musicians too, any cool stories?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Tom's Purple Haze...

Tom's Purple Haze...

hello,
because it's a rar phenotype....
I'll let her finish outdoors little longer to see if she stay's stable and how much she will fade... now see your self :)

Tom Hill Haze true purple pheno'
picture.php

left NHz cut....
picture.php

picture.php

Predator Haze... slowly fading... the All Mix is to hot for haze... hence the tip burn... but I'm ok with it so far... no real damage...
those o-haze are real diva's ... like Zamal very sensible to cold and food... but like I always say... you have to grow them twice or more to understand the genetic and her needs ... Tom Hill Haze is much easier to grow... never got a tip burn... also not with All Mix...
it's always a challenge to keep those very long flowering sativa's happy after 90 day's in small pot's ;-)
picture.php

all the best
M.:tiphat:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
You ever look into clackamas coot mix Madmac? I recommend trying some biochar, and put some kinda mulch on top to keep things moist for the fungi/bacteria up top. Makes a huge difference.

I use dr.earth flower that has bonemeal,kelp, alfalfa, feathermeal, bene bacteria,fungi, leonardo all in one bag.. great ammend mix but I'm gonna add biochar, and start doing compost teas to boost biology in soil.... Plus some mulch, and companion plants. I'm positive my yields are gonna dramatically go up when I start up again.. Hard to beat just pouring plain water and getting the plants I got the last 2 runs... I wish I had realized the importance of calcium.. The super low calories sativas can get by pretty well with just proper calcium and a little compost/ewc... overfeeding/amending dramatically lowers yield.

I'd love to see some quantum boards in your room too,

W

Water-

hey funky ,,

id take ebs word on the penis sucking , he seems to know what he is talking about there.

anyhow re the th haze , its not f2 and f3 , its an inbred line that has already been reproduced ,

secondly tom was referring to 1 in 20 being tripping weed ...

not 19 being hay and one being decent ...

psychological projection

funkyhorse

Master Water-
Allow me to explain EB and Donald posts which are very clear and instructive and by the prices EB is talking about they are the result of deep anthropological research done at the world most famous cocksucking sanctuaries located at Ratchada(Ratchadapisek av if you want to google it) and maybe at the top notch Sukhumvit places.
With the only thing I difer with EB post is on the luck part. There is no luck on making 3500 baht from just one penis, it is like breeding the natural consequence of long years, probably much more than 5 years of practicing, learning and executing a blowjob to perfection.
But thats not enough and in order to get that much money from just one single penis, the practitioner has to be a top model and must have been the covergirl of the local Penthouse or Playboy edition or close to it, a terrestrial looking girl can never get that much
And the matter of travelling costs he points out is a matter of point of view. If you leave in a first world economy like the aussie one, with the same money you spend a month there you can have a much better quality of life in BKK air ticket and visits to the temples of the penis worshipping included. It is simply a matter of what are your prefered priorities
And like DM explained, same like THH at the top Ratchada venues you always get a decent job done and 1 out of 10 or 1 out of 20, depending on your luck, it will be a trippy blowjob.

I hope nobody gets offended with truth. In Thailand is part of the culture, is a tradition, in old times as a welcome to the honoured guests, the host was offering his own daughter to sleep with the guest.

I also want to point out and thank MadMac for making these seeds also available at prices affordable also by the common third world working man, it is nice to see that

Questions: THH is made out of a Positronics release Haze#19(how many packs Tom used, 5 packs?) which was a selection from Sam's original haze seeds. So this strain has undergone two different selections by Posi and Tom before Raco and MadMac reproduced them
a)Anybody know what criteria for selection Positronics used?
I selected Haze #19 then they made seeds from the mother clone. -SamS
b)If this strain is made out from just one plant selected by Posi, how come there is so much variation in the line?
c)What was Tom Hill criteria for selection?

Questions for MadMac:
a)Did you grow the FD Original Hazes or you cull them? If you grew them, how do they compare with Seedsman OH and with THH?
b)It seems unavoidable to touch commercial interests in the posts and now is the turn of the substrate company. I also use All Mix and I even add bat guano for flowering. I consider myself certainly very lucky to have at my vault a pack of Seedsman OH and 3 different Zamal landraces, which are waiting there until I learn more. Do you only tried them at 0,5lt pots? Did you try them with bigger pots with All Mix indoors? Same diva behaviour?
What substrate would you suggest for growing OH and Zamal, Light Mix would be ok?
c)How many packs do you think is needed in order to get the whole THH variation of your repro?

Thank you very much everybody and have a nice week

Last edited by a moderator:

herbgreen

Veteran
I thought positronics Haze19 came out of seeds.......?

Quote:
'Haze 19 was grown by me, I just numbered my Haze seedlings 1-1000, #19 is what they were interested in, If I remember correctly they used seeds from Haze 19 to make their line, I don't think it was a Haze 19 clone I gave them....'
-SamS

Ouote:
"I selected Haze #19 then they made seeds from the mother clone." -SamS

If it was made off a clone I wonder what was the male....?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Tom Hill Haze info

Tom Hill Haze info

a)Did you grow the FD Original Hazes or you cull them? If you grew them, how do they compare with Seedsman OH and with THH?
you mean TFD The Flying Dutchman O-Haze?
yes I've grow them two times... was not happy with... very very old seeds not proper stored...
very low yield but the high was there... pollinated the girls with the best THH male...
pic's are in my album from first grow... THH brought back the yield, bud & structure ...
forget TFD ... nothing to care about anymore...

b)It seems unavoidable to touch commercial interests in the posts and now is the turn of the substrate company. I also use All Mix and I even add bat guano for flowering. I consider myself certainly very lucky to have at my vault a pack of Seedsman OH and 3 different Zamal landraces, which are waiting there until I learn more. Do you only tried them at 0,5lt pots? Did you try them with bigger pots with All Mix indoors? Same diva behaviour?

I've used All Mix in all stages... with all pot sizes ...
for hybrids like NHz and SK1 x O-haze etc... it's fine...
no need to feed the first 4-6 weeks...
but for pure sativa I'll would never use All Mix again...
did not get the light mix when I was in shop...
normally I only use light mix + 1 cub dolomite lime on a bag...
that works superior with led light... no cal/mag issues @ end of grow and PH stays stable!
so my advise.. use Light Mix + dolomite lime and there organic feed ...
use the half as advertised and you'r fine...

c)How many packs do you think is needed in order to get the whole THH variation of your repro?
not easy to guess... I'll mixed them well ... so would say 2 pack's and you will find the 4 expressions... and in-between ...
I used 13 boy's and 12 girls... all was there ... also the true purple... Raco did a great job and selection... I had 2 pack's THH... one from breeders retail and a old original... GS gave me the last 2 packs for free to try the repro... I'll promised when success i will give back some... no money involved... was only to keep this gem's alive... what GS now do with it... it's there busyness... and out of my control... I'll just keep my promise ... like I always do.

the other questions:
c)What was Tom Hill criteria for selection?
resin and effect... only. -> see quotes

"I selected Haze #19 then they made seeds from the mother clone." -SamS

If it was made off a clone I wonder what was the male....?

yep me too... that's the question that always popped up when thinking about the THH...

what male did they used and was it a male from the same batch as #19 ... what makes sense...
but who selected the male Posi or SamS?
only one male get used to pollinate the #19?

Tom Hill quotes: I saved ...

"I picked up 4-5 15 packs of "original haze" from positronics in '95, as well as sk1, bred for earliness "hand pollenated by the skunkman"

"At any rate I'd like to get down to it Sam. Most of the Dutch hazes used in hybrids seemed to me from earlier f1 Mexican Colombian stock? A bit more sawn teak/leather of a flavor than the majority of Thai dominant citrus Haze I seemed to have aquired? Is this so? At any rate, the haze I have when it is on, can not be compared to by anything I have ever encountered, ever. Thank you sir for your efforts to make this so. I don't know what to tell folk that have not encountered this. It can be truly awsome. "

"Each year I pollinated females with male pollen mixes, then saved the seed from only the excellent females after the smoke was tested. In 2003, I gathered seed from all of the best plants from generations 1-6, grew them, and let them pollinate each other. Follow? But it gets more complicated, because each year I typically will sprout several generations of seed, not only seed from the latest generation. So that a high percentage of the later generations are products of matings to earlier generations. IE, there is a span of generations included, as apposed to an exact number of generations removed from the original source".

"If I was crunching numbers in the closet I would not cull a lamb. However, if I was dealing with numbers... I know Haze. It is resinous on the stem in veg to the tune of 75%, it smells like a metal shop for lack of a better definition to be sure, no other word for it."

"Haze plants are well culled to ommit the resinless vegging phenos, they are not many, maybe 25%. But do well to get rid of them, all that don't smell like a high school metal shop in early veg are not whorth growing out ime.- T"

"The 2003 seed lot was around (notes are not currently handy) 2-7 generations removed from Positronic stock. Let me try to explain a little better. Each year I pollinated females with male pollen mixes, then saved the seed from only the excellent females after the smoke was tested. In 2003, I gathered seed from all of the best plants from generations 1-6, grew them, and let them pollinate each other. Follow?
But it gets more complicated, because each year I typically will sprout several generations of seed, not only seed from the latest generation. So that a high percentage of the later generations are products of matings to earlier generations. IE, there is a span of generations included, as apposed to an exact number of generations removed from the original source. -Tom"

"I suppose I was guilty of looking on the bright side there somewhat, for yes, there's definitely some Hay in there too. All cannabis that does not have strong terpenes fall under the Hay category in my opinion - when there is nothing left but chlorophyll to smell. Yes, there are phenotypes in this line where all of the herbal, citrus, and metallic/oil properties are so faint that I do classify them as hay. These are most often phenotypes lacking resin. Many of these plants are chock-full of complex smells and flavors, but yes, there's some Hay in there too for sure. -Tom "

"In this particular Haze line, at 4-6 weeks old, resin will start to develop 3/4 up on the main stalk in 75% +/- of the plants regardless of photoperiod. The most resinous buds will develop from within this group in my experience - there seems to be some correlation there. If I was pressed for space, I would cull the 25% of plants that weren't producing resin on the main stalks by 6 weeks old. -Tom"

Another post on what side of haze is responsible for the good effects:
"That being said, I have always felt that it was more like the Thai I have smoked more than anything else. It is clear and electric and very strong, penetrating - rocks me to the core".

thx SamS for all the info's and of course the haze!
you see almost 30 years after the release in holland it's still hot!
there is no other that had such huge influence on so many strains...
hope to see soon a new incarnation of the o-haze out of your hands...
many thx
and I also can admit: At any rate, the haze I have when it is on, can not be compared to by anything I have ever encountered, ever. Thank you sir for your efforts to make this so. I don't know what to tell folk that have not encountered this. It can be truly awsome.

herbgreen

Veteran
kokmarin hope you find that haze high in there too I think it looks promising for sure

If you do find it to be good smoke i hope you try to reproduce.....that branch of haze nearly lost and that would be something

madmac thanks a lot for posting that again the quotes you saved are great to have

All these haze quotes are some gold to hang on to How else we we know what the story is?

All of TomHills account along with everything every picture every thread got deleted when he disappeared

There may be some more intact stuff at mrnice forums rollitup or elsewhere

kokomarin

Thank you herbgreen!
She have 3branches full of seeds
Oh male x oh female tfd
Dalmacia x oh
Dalmatia is name of my area and this is combo from bagseeds and seedbanks genetic .
Kornati x oh
Kornati islands is part of Dalmatia ,300 islands ,nacional park in adriatic sea.Seeds is from one hippy couple from main Kornat island which run same seeds stash last 3o years.
100 seeds for few healty seedlings,high is strong,calm and focused without hart beating ,cultivar is hybrid from african bagseeds.
https://beta.photobucket.com/u/lea12345/p/ac2a4c95-a1eb-48c2-a860-16d9d2676d59

MadMac

far beyond driven...
I run one female from pack of seeds tfd o.h,seed boutique stock ,april ,rgs.
Seeds was old,noting germinated in two week,but two pop from soil month after.
Start flowering in late august,now is allmost done outdoor,43,6n,one female .
I didnt try any sample yet,but I will be very happy if high is real haze.
https://beta.photobucket.com/u/lea12345/p/9f74e3b3-82a7-4d05-9926-3802cc9464f6

looks like the once I had too....
more WLD leaf but still NLD ... like Tom Hill Haze...
to me that's the unworked Tom Hill Haze version...
if possible let see some bud shot's...
thx for sharing

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
looks like the once I had too....
more WLD leaf but still NLD ... like Tom Hill Haze...
to me that's the unworked Tom Hill Haze version...
if possible let see some bud shot's...
thx for sharing

I think Tom said it had about 17 generations on it when he got his seeds. Not to discount it though. I ran many a Tom Hill Haze plant. We had a lot of fun on the thread with him, as he did his big seed run. I Miss the guy. I hope he is doing well.

I met him on here when I was running a Salmon Creek Big Bud cross. He had run that cross too. That's how I found ICMAG

MadMac

far beyond driven...
O-Haze

O-Haze

hello,
looks like I have also a 18 week+ o-haze...
she is now 3 month in flower and looks like just started...
no brown hairs...
Predator Haze is soon ready and yellowing out nicely now...

18 week+ girl...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Predator Haze
picture.php

picture.php

get hazed'
i'am
M.

window

Veteran
Mac, you have the patience of a saint, you are the Haze man for sure:biggrin:
There is nothing like a good Haze high, may she reign supreme forever:)
You Haze heads are keeping the legend alive, I salute you:tiphat:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
the predator seems to be fading nicely mr mac ,
best of luck with the harvest on that beauty ,
she has the look of a fine toke from where im sitting ...