What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
@ MadMac,
Beautiful plants!
I follow with interest your posts and your ideas about genetic haze, I have never tried seedsman haze, sooner or later I will have to cultivate them, however I have tried both oldtimer haze (and also purple haze thai and green haze thai ) and old nirvana haze,about that i remember little, an aroma of resin and pines, but like all nirvana strains there is the unknown about purity...
But about Ot1haze, I'm pretty sure there's something else, it's not just pure Colombian ...
Now, I don't understand much about mexican, but in my mind the idea has been created that it's colombian / thai... Obviously it's just my opinion, that many won't like it, but that's life ...

harvestreaper

Veteran
hello,
well in this huge pool i've found one very interesting o-haze male...
he smells like old leather musky hazy and is very sticky...
he has the strongest smell from all o-haze males...
Seedsman o-haze smells more lemon soupy ...
have now grown all o-haze releases i know off...
old begin 90' o-haze from SamS.
TFD O-haze
Seedsman
Tom Hill Haze
Oldtimer Haze

if i would classify i would say:
Sam's O-Haze 80-90' = Mexican?+ Columbian Nevilles Haze A type leather, raw meat, woods, spices, dark, musky
Seedsman = pure Columbian Nevilles Haze C tropical fruit, sweet, candy, spice, bright and light
Tom Hill Haze = Burning Bush Thai x Haze A Thai-like lime citrus, an herb collection (rosemary, thyme etc), and a high school metal shop (metallic/oily)
TFD O-Haze = Same as THH
Oldtimer Haze = columbian/mexican... many different pheno's from sour to lemony... from purple to lime green

well here my fav male @ moment:

View Image
View Image
View Image

he will be used to pollinate some old cut's like Nl#5/Haze, N.Hz, Mango Haze etc...
very happy to finally have some o-haze to choose from :)
get hazed'
i'am
M.:tiphat:

lovely work as usual mac that old leather smell reminds me of the old nl5 hz A or C i had back in the day had it over ten years and was never beaten ,,,,so what pure haze is the strongest ??lol

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Well, I guess this plant is related to Original Haze.

This is going to be my Christmas tree this year :D
Nevilles Haze x Oax
picture.php

MadMac

far beyond driven...
thank you!
that it's colombian / thai
good possible that there is thai also inside...
but i found also mexican pheno like Charly CBG found...
somewhere here on IC are note from Charly Garcia about the ot-haze...
how wild it was when they got it from oldtimer... lot's of pheno's

,,,,so what pure haze is the strongest ??lol
thx well that is a good question... i wish i could measure it... but way to expensive
Tom Hill Haze is my fav ... it's the strongest and best high i know so far... creative full force forward... will see what the o-haze has to offer... have 16 girls to test... x-mas i know more :)

Well, I guess this plant is related to Original Haze.
This is going to be my Christmas tree this year
Nevilles Haze x Oax

YES plz... love to see more about that special holy grail cross Neville has made with Kanga and Kanga's killer Oaxaca ... also the selected N.Hz was the strongest & best they have found in the quest... these genes need to be saved too...
thx for Sharing Dr.Purpur !

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Tom Hill Haze aka Burning Bush

hello,
here a nice THH lady...
like the dread's ... pick-dry-roll :)
very effective... easy to manicure.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

it's all a question about time...
when you will discover the haze ;-)
M.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
She's pretty MM, I bet she's delicious to, but after 16 weeks do you get more then an oz at a time off of her?
I found a nice Zamal/ThaiXTHH but it was dwarfish and did not produce enough to keep it going even though the high and flavor were so good.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Hello friends, i recently came into possession of a pack of oh/sk x lp x oh/Sk.
So original haze , love potion, skunk 1 genetics. I would like to inquire about the provenance of this strain. Is this a sam skunkman creation? Any of you folks around have a chance to grow them out?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
but after 16 weeks do you get more then an oz at a time off of her?
good question... i never look for weight -> only high/potency counts to me...
if you flower from cut you have 14 weeks... take my far red led into account and you be @ around 12 weeks... :)#
so if this is potent weed and i need just the half or less to archive the same result or a better high than with big bud's 12 weeks... i would go with the 16 weeker because the high is what makes me grow the plants... i don't want to get stoned... if so i could buy weed in the stores... all the same... no i love the pure creative sativa buzz that you can not find in stores... ;-)
i love the electric psychedelic little racy uplifting buzz from good sativa's ... it's my fuel.
if i need couch ... i drink a beer and i'm tired and relaxed hehe

Busto

good question... i never look for weight -> only high/potency counts to me...
if you flower from cut you have 14 weeks... take my far red led into account and you be @ around 12 weeks... :)#
so if this is potent weed and i need just the half or less to archive the same result or a better high than with big bud's 12 weeks... i would go with the 16 weeker because the high is what makes me grow the plants... i don't want to get stoned... if so i could buy weed in the stores... all the same... no i love the pure creative sativa buzz that you can not find in stores... ;-)
i love the electric psychedelic little racy uplifting buzz from good sativa's ... it's my fuel.
if i need couch ... i drink a beer and i'm tired and relaxed hehe

Would love to try something like that. My insomnia led me to consume more stony weed, but when i get up i would love to get kicked by some energetic/creative buzz.

I had a friend here on the forum, good old Antani, he gave me some haze seeds he made but it was in 2009 and I wasn't a skilled grower. Put them outdoor and had to pull at the beginning of october because of hailstorms.

One of them had a strawberry jam scent I can't even forget nowadays.

Little sad story. I hope to find something like that again.

bigherb

Veteran
hello,
here a nice THH lady...
like the dread's ... pick-dry-roll :)
very effective... easy to manicure.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

it's all a question about time...
when you will discover the haze ;-)
M.

I’m in love , she is gorgeous

Have you grown this plant before? Is this from clone or seed ? Also curious which stock or drop ?

If you have grown her before I’m very interested in a smoke report or her taste and effects

Burning Bush lolz... very interesting thoughts , I appreciate your insight. For years I have thought the Haze seeds given to Nevil were from burning Bush stock

1luvbigherb

OldCoolSativa

I agree with bigherb, that is one seriously fine looking haze plant. I also am really curious how she smokes.

The hypothesis about Nevil getting Burning Bush seed stock from David Watson makes sense to me; if so, I'm sure that's where Haze A and C came from, not from the newer seed that Watson may have been more directly responsible for. Maybe some old BOEL stash that Watson obtained that was too long flowering with too little yield for commercial needs, and too old with too low germination rates for Watson to bother with. After all, he had skunk for his commercial and breeding pursuits.

harvestreaper

Veteran
do you guys believe sam knows??i mean hes been here for years he could tell you ,,always found thatt wierd,,ime when a person wont give a true pedigree its usually for one of two reasons either they dont know or it belongs to someone else ,,i have no idea in this instance thats just my experiance of people in general but none the less very odd speculating about an active members genetics lol

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I agree with bigherb, that is one seriously fine looking haze plant. I also am really curious how she smokes.

The hypothesis about Nevil getting Burning Bush seed stock from David Watson makes sense to me; if so, I'm sure that's where Haze A and C came from, not from the newer seed that Watson may have been more directly responsible for. Maybe some old BOEL stash that Watson obtained that was too long flowering with too little yield for commercial needs, and too old with too low germination rates for Watson to bother with. After all, he had skunk for his commercial and breeding pursuits.

G `day OCS

I doubt you would be happy if I knew your real life name and used it on a forum ?

People have forum handles for a reason , No ?

Jeez some peoples reading comprehension is not as good as others ?

Sam already said Burning Bush was one of his Haze phenos he kept .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Latest posts

Latest posts