What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Happy Times

and here some shot's from the lady's...

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

repro tent... they just started to flower...
View Image

...it's a question of time...
when you will discover the haze ;-)
M.

Quite the room shot in that last pic! Will you do any training to manage height as they progress?

I’m impressed with your dedication to the art of indoor sativa cultivation, that takes some serious patience for sure

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Quite the room shot in that last pic! Will you do any training to manage height as they progress?
well o-haze stretches like hell... more than the thais in flower...
i'll grow them from cut and than flower them after rooting in small 0.5 liter pot's...
top them after 3'nd node... and when they flower for 2 weeks I'll transplant them in 2liter pot's... that help's with the stretch... also good oscillating vent helps a lot...
in my repro tent i need not huge bud's.. so the small pot's are ok... only you have to have a good feeding schedule with this small pot's...
normally i use Blumat dripper with Top dressing...
for smoke to get bigger bud's you'll need bigger pot's ... more healthy roots = more yield..
than i train them with LST ...

I’m impressed with your dedication to the art of indoor sativa cultivation, that takes some serious patience for sure
many thanks :)
yep it was not easy to find the best way for my situation...
the light system and environment are really important for growing pure sativa indoors...
also a proper feeding... some sativa are real diva's ... little to much N and you burn them...
little to much K and they stop budding... too much P and they freak out... too hot and they stretch like hell and never start to really develop nice flowers... a little light leak and they start to intersex easy...
but once you master these.. you'll rewarded with a amazing high that you will not find in any indica or hybrid...
M.:tiphat:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
One of my two Tom Hill Haze girls I burnt to hell! Poor thing cant eat any nutes at all i guess. It has been flushed and hopefully will look better soon. Never seen something get burnt so hard, when everything else fed the same has 0 damage or overfeeding.

Happy Times

well o-haze stretches like hell... more than the thais in flower...
i'll grow them from cut and than flower them after rooting in small 0.5 liter pot's...
top them after 3'nd node... and when they flower for 2 weeks I'll transplant them in 2liter pot's... that help's with the stretch... also good oscillating vent helps a lot...
in my repro tent i need not huge bud's.. so the small pot's are ok... only you have to have a good feeding schedule with this small pot's...
normally i use Blumat dripper with Top dressing...
for smoke to get bigger bud's you'll need bigger pot's ... more healthy roots = more yield..
than i train them with LST ...

many thanks :)
yep it was not easy to find the best way for my situation...
the light system and environment are really important for growing pure sativa indoors...
also a proper feeding... some sativa are real diva's ... little to much N and you burn them...
little to much K and they stop budding... too much P and they freak out... too hot and they stretch like hell and never start to really develop nice flowers... a little light leak and they start to intersex easy...
but once you master these.. you'll rewarded with a amazing high that you will not find in any indica or hybrid...

Great tips there! I couldn’t help but wonder, in your experience, are there any less finicky haze strains?

I’ve never done such hardcore sativas before, closest for me is some 77 day Kali Mist around 2000, and Moonshine Haze a couple summers ago. The Moonshine was interesting, a great complex spicy layered scent when growing, I had her in the backyard and she actually seemed to prefer being in a somewhat shady spot than full sun blast. By end October and into November the trichs still hadn’t ambered up much, I started bringing her into the garage at night so she wouldn’t freeze, and trichs still didn’t change much after a few weeks so I chopped her. I probably let her go a little too long due to inexperience. I also did a Super Silver Haze fem freebie a friend passed on to me, the flower wasn’t anything to write home about, a little spice in the smell but pretty bland in both high and flavor, I’m sure there are much better SSH out there

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Great tips there! I couldn’t help but wonder, in your experience, are there any less finicky haze strains?
thx
well today i'll would go with NL#5xHaze, Mango Haze or SkunkxHaze all from Mr. Nice if you want a shorter flowering and easy to handle haze hybrid...
there is also a Nl#5/Haze 90' f3/f4 from Tropical Seeds... if you prefer old school...
they are not so sensible diva's as pure haze or sativa's...
with NL#5xHaze you can't go wrong ;-)
best

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
In my experience, the ones hardest to master are usually the best and the most worth jumping through a few hoops to finish properly.
It's all about patience and observation with a dose of resourcefulness, all part of the process to get you ready to appreciate and enjoy the superior HIGH.

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

8 weeks 11/13

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
thx
well today i'll would go with NL#5xHaze, Mango Haze or SkunkxHaze all from Mr. Nice if you want a shorter flowering and easy to handle haze hybrid...
there is also a Nl#5/Haze 90' f3/f4 from Tropical Seeds... if you prefer old school...
they are not so sensible diva's as pure haze or sativa's...
with NL#5xHaze you can't go wrong ;-)
best

mango haze is definitely the most forgiving, while keeps nice haze qualities. great breeding tool too.

Limeygreen

Veteran
One of my two Tom Hill Haze girls I burnt to hell! Poor thing cant eat any nutes at all i guess. It has been flushed and hopefully will look better soon. Never seen something get burnt so hard, when everything else fed the same has 0 damage or overfeeding.

I have one male that burnt a bit from too much as well but bounced back within days. I find I feed everything light and wld always starve.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I have one male that burnt a bit from too much as well but bounced back within days. I find I feed everything light and wld always starve.

according to RandyCalifornia: "the ones hardest to master are usually the best", it should be some keeper!

MadMac

far beyond driven...
my fav o-haze male

my fav o-haze male

hello,
well in this huge pool i've found one very interesting o-haze male...
he smells like old leather musky hazy and is very sticky...
he has the strongest smell from all o-haze males...
Seedsman o-haze smells more lemon soupy ...
have now grown all o-haze releases i know off...
old begin 90' o-haze from SamS.
TFD O-haze
Seedsman
Tom Hill Haze
Oldtimer Haze

if i would classify i would say:
Sam's O-Haze 80-90' = Mexican?+ Columbian Nevilles Haze A type leather, raw meat, woods, spices, dark, musky
Seedsman = pure Columbian Nevilles Haze C tropical fruit, sweet, candy, spice, bright and light
Tom Hill Haze = Burning Bush Thai x Haze A Thai-like lime citrus, an herb collection (rosemary, thyme etc), and a high school metal shop (metallic/oily)
TFD O-Haze = Same as THH
Oldtimer Haze = columbian/mexican... many different pheno's from sour to lemony... from purple to lime green

well here my fav male @ moment:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

he will be used to pollinate some old cut's like Nl#5/Haze, N.Hz, Mango Haze etc...
very happy to finally have some o-haze to choose from :)
get hazed'
i'am

Last edited:
I

IncenseRosemary

If its pass the traits to offspring it close to legendary male A in smells. If i have it i would make close to SSH line but insted of fruty i would use dark aromas. Cheese x Haze male
deep chunk x Haze as female. It is close to that NL(indica)xhaze and skunk x haze male.
But also is good to cross with other sat and haze hybrids.
Nice found mate

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Haze Heaven!

Haze Heaven!

mango haze is definitely the most forgiving, while keeps nice haze qualities. great breeding tool too.

This plant was made with a wonderful Mango Haze male and a S1 from the Original OG Kush from 20 years back. It has lots of true mango flavor
You have to jump through some hoops to get it right, but when you do, Its scary amazing. 20 minutes of manageable paranoia, then a soaring high, plus a high in your chest. You actually think in a more logic intelligent creative way. I hope to never lose this plant.

OGMango Haze
picture.php

On another note, the Haze plants are loving the high temperatures here. Its 107 right now, and I have a rain bird sprinkler misting them. They absolutely fuckin love that.

I can hardly wait to sample bud from the big Nevilles Haze by Oaxacan plant. It looks so damn wild. The Orient Express looks great too. I hope some Asian Thai flavors come through on that one. Im spraying STS on one lower labeled branch of select Sativas, and hope to get some viable female pollen to work with, and some S1s as well.

Im having a lot of fun this year! :)

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Awesome stuff MM, and DrPurp. Glad you guys are making magic happen with haze. All I can think about is popping seeds, or ordering them. Want to grow so bad!!!
Can't wait to pop the MexicanSativa x NigerianMangoHaze I made, and see if I am right about the male I chose {pure incense, and has musky incense perfume coming off stems when only 2 week old seedling}....

I won some mrnice auctions, and hopefully get pack of Neville haze, and pack of Mango haze.... I would get 2 packs of one of them, for better selection but.... Want both of them so bad lol...

The haze/tropical ganja addiction... a beautiful thing. A plant that will truly open your eyes, and mind to inspiration like no other.

Hopefully life shows a door for me to open, and I can grow sooner than later. Want to move to growable state...

I also have Queen Mother for Zamal, Orient Express {Cant wait to hear about yours DrPurpur}, and Haze x Kali China... I'm sure I will find, and share some very special girls from selections in future.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Im pretty excited about the Ace mix plants as well. I have 4 freebies, and the plants look real good. Surprise plants. Theres no telling what they are exactly. I take clones of everything

MadMac

far beyond driven...
haze comparison O-Haze, THH, Thai -> Burning Bush

haze comparison O-Haze, THH, Thai -> Burning Bush

hello,
well to show you what i mean with thai influence in Tom Hill Haze here some images to compare...
i'm absolute sure that Tom got the burning bush and not pure o-haze as Tom was asking also SamS. about that after he grow it out...
but see yourself...

seedsman o-haze , tom hill haze, 3x thai - Hmong Hill, Ko Chang, Ko Chang x Thai Stick
picture.php

see the fan leaf's... o-haze small... THH & Thai look the same...
smells like the same but thai misses the haze undertone... booth lemony
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the thais are now over 6 month in same soil and pot... where cut's from previous grow... i love living soil... no issues

to me it's clear that Posi & TFD o-haze was burning bush and not pure o-haze... it's totally different to seedsman or the old 90' o-haze i'll have here from SamS.

M.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
This plant was made with a wonderful Mango Haze male and a S1 from the Original OG Kush from 20 years back. It has lots of true mango flavor
You have to jump through some hoops to get it right, but when you do, Its scary amazing. 20 minutes of manageable paranoia, then a soaring high, plus a high in your chest. You actually think in a more logic intelligent creative way. I hope to never lose this plant.

OGMango Haze
View Image

yeah I know you like that plant, I grew ghost ogk x trainwreck/neville´s haze and it was pretty good. shorter flowering hybrids have its place for sure. I tried hybrid from Donald Mallard last season, he used mns mango haze ibl male and it is top notch weed. long lasting with very good potency, I have also zamal x mango haze ibl seeds, I have to give it try.. it should be very psychedelic imo. this is cut of laos x mango haze, I call it mango joy. it is very psychedelic and blissful in that mango thai way you know. but in 13 weeks, not 20 :D very earthy musky incense eucalyptus and sweet mangoes
picture.php
picture.php

Burt

Veteran
“Plus a high in your chest”
Holy grail material that stuff.i always referred to it heart chakra opening but yeah congrats on that
Only 3 times in close to 30 years smoking did that happen and all 3 were hazes
Get hazed indeed

Latest posts

Latest posts