Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice all ^
here´s my Spanish Blaze (in the wake of da Haze) :D
P1013323.jpg

hanfiking

Hey Raco, so that's what mine will look like when it's done? have you got anything to compare the size to, to get an idea.
what temps did you have her in to get her purple??
that's a better yield than I was expecting from this haze,very nice grow dude!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lollol
That is BlueDancer x Deep Chunk male :D
BlueDancer= TRC Blueberry x Killer Queen
Killer Queen=G13xC99
The purple comes from the DC side
The green plant is an Ot1´s Haze cut,the hz#1
However,the Spanish Blaze was slightly dusted with Haze #1 x #6 pollen and there are a few seeds in it :D

Goldry Bluszco

hanfiking said:
Ipigments (A pigment is a material that changes the colour of light it reflects as the result of selective colour absorption) - that appear red to blue, according to pH (pH is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. Aqueous solutions at 25°C with a pH less than seven are considered acidic, while those with a pH greater than seven are considered basic/alkaline). They are synthesized by organisms of the plant kingdom and bacteria, and have been observed to occur in all tissues of higher plants, providing colour in leaves, stems, roots, flowers, and fruits.
I have heard this before that the pH of the soil/medium has a large role in producing purple flowers.....more influence than temperature.

hanfiking

Goldry Bluszco said:
I have heard this before that the pH of the soil/medium has a large role in producing purple flowers.....more influence than temperature.

I think in this case (anthocyanin) the plants own level of pH is being referred to as causing a reaction with the pigments making them reflect red to blue light. The main factor in the purpling as you probably have read in the extensive 2 posts is still the plants genetics.

I think your thinking of the line
hanfiking said:
Phosphorus deficiency is most common when pH is above 7 or below 5.5. Phosphorus will bind with soil very easily. Excess phosphorus could cause micro nutrient deficiencies in zinc and iron. Cannabis uses phosphorus for photosynthesis, respiration, storing carbohydrates, cell division, it is also involved in energy transportation (ATP, ADP), nucleic acids, enzymes and phospholipids that are important for membrane structure. Phosphorus helps build strong roots, is vital for seed and flower production.

Also P deficiencies cannot be mistaken for purpling in healthy plants
hanfiking said:
Another factor that can cause purpling is nutrient deficiency, generally phosphorus. Although these stunted plants may bedazzle the novice, they are typically quite distinguishable from naturally occurring anthocyanin expression, due to the other visible adverse side effects of nutrient deficiency, such as leaf and bud malformation and low calyx-to-leaf ratios.
:wave:

Kr@kEn

Anybody have any shots of Seedsman's Purple Bud?
Vegging it right now, wondering what the results may be.

birdbrain

Purple Strains

Purple Strains

This Purple Jack is one of my all time favorite strains!

This strain originally comes from Richmond CA where an oldschool dude has been growing this strain for about 10 years now.
Im pretty sure he started with some kind of "Jack Herer" strain, and over the years refined it to become what it is today.
My specific pheno is from seed that came from my buddys backyard from this strain, but mine is the 5th generation, every year for the last 5 years my buddy grew this Super Jack from seeds out of the previous crop. He always had 3-4 seeds every year to start with.
Last year he said that this is the stinkiest pheno ever, and offered me some clones off of it, which I took and grew indoors.
The yield wasn't the best but I only ran her twice and I think I can improve on the yield, out of 9 plants I got about 1 1/2 ounces each plant w/ a 600w.

One of my favorites because it is sativa dominant and you can tell right away when you first puff on it. It's an amazing head high and awesome morning smoke. Tastes like skunky spicy black pepper and it blows up any room you open a bag up in.

One of the few strains that I can't get sick of!
By the way this strain will turn purple no matter how warm or cold your room is.

Last edited:

budrunners

sour bubble bx2 x lightstorm

seeded sweet tooth x lightstorm clone x male sourbubble bx2 x lightstorm

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola Hanfiking & other color lovers :wave:

Here´s some pics of Sweetpurple like I promised, this pheno didnt purple, but I should have other pheno very soon that completely purple up..

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Purple Chitral x Bubblegum
( the seeds come from Random00 thank's m8)

These is my Lebanese male, had purple flowers! and is very fast

G

grapepunched

Some ogbubblegum from a week ago, harvesting next week...

and some Who's Your Daddy #5 (Apollo 11 x PurePowerPlant) freebies from Seeds Direct a coupla years back...

Thanks for letting me share some purple from my garden, more to come.

-gp

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts