What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

GrandpaMillenial

That's quite a find, I can't understand all the info, under Sample Name, it says CS Indica. But it's a Sativa?

I saw that, i think its a list of plants found to be closely related. and then something labeled indica somehow matched up dna wise.

also a few scientists are trying to rename and reclassify cannabis and varieties.

One group wants to call all hemp Cannabis Sativa then all drug types Cannabis Indica, then the Indica would have subtypes and or varieties.

E3DD091F-611A-43F5-9457-22203CF2CA47.png

source: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322819213_Cannabis_Taxonomy_The_sativa_vs_indica_debate

Other scientists are going in different directions, and different names.

TheDarkStorm

I agree, but wait 'till the pollen starts flying from all these new growers (which it will). If they are not careful they will lose what they have. The market will dictate American hybrids which most tourists under age 55 will want. The old varieties will be a niche market unless tastes change drastically.
I agree, but wait 'till the pollen starts flying from all these new growers (which it will). If they are not careful they will lose what they have. The market will dictate American hybrids which most tourists under age 55 will want. The old varieties will be a niche market unless tastes change drastically.
They been doing that quite a bit already....because some of the big amounts are being grown outside or in huge green houses they are making their own versions of og kushes, gsc, amnesias, wedding cake, ect ect....some of what I seen arnt the same as what we know...but thai strains spliced with western comercial popular names. Some are even being sold under the western names despite being hybrids with part local stuff.

grayeyes

Hi
Everyone ,I am new here,
I have run Thai's alot in Australia for 30 years most are best at 16-22weeks 40 weeks is abnormally weird and so.ethings wrong (that's 10 months) you sure you don't mean from seed took 40 weeks? and if left in a mild temperate or further north to the equator zone they will just continue, and become fluffier and foxtail alittle ,but then reveg .Nice line mate, keep them pure... reserve some not to be crossed.Otherwise once there gone there gone. And there not as dominant against alot of crosses you will make against them. And as mentioned in a previous post it's all about the cure with Thais it gets better with age , cure them for at least as long as they took to flower.And as I found out many times making oil off these from fresh frozen or even well cured tops, will devastate any veteran and there is where the mystery trip weed is !!! Fact, a Durban cross helps reduce the flower time a little and isn't so dominant like some crosses.They benefit from my experience being topped alot rather than having a few huge long thin colas ..you get many smaller thumb sized or double thumb length ones..and I find they are better smoke than the giant ones. Best of luck preserving them ...How's it all in 2022
"Durban cross helps reduce the flower time"......with dutch garbage indica ones. My DP takes 17 weeks.

pilis

An now something unbelieviable for me.

In Thailand they have now 2500 cannabis stores.
99% the stores selling only dutch,american or spanish genetics because thais (and falangs)think those are the best!!!
1 gram flowers for 300-800 baht, 7-20 Us dollar,very expensive.

The last days i was in many stores and asking for Thai Stick.
Find a few places,1 gram for 100-200 baht, 2.50-5 dollar nobody wants this old grandpa strain.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
An now something unbelieviable for me.

In Thailand they have now 2500 cannabis stores.
99% the stores selling only dutch,american or spanish genetics because thais (and falangs)think those are the best!!!
1 gram flowers for 300-800 baht, 7-20 Us dollar,very expensive.

The last days i was in many stores and asking for Thai Stick.
Find a few places,1 gram for 100-200 baht, 2.50-5 dollar nobody wants this old grandpa strain.
It actually doesn't surprise me. This old grandpa would love some Thai Stick, but whether or not it exists in it's old form is the question.
I'd love to visit Thailand again but would be very disappointed if all I could get get was Dutch or US crap (no offence but I hate most of it).

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I guess any Thai can be wrapped around a stick, but the effect will be the test. Looking forward to going there and trying for myself.

Do you think it might be more likely to get traditional varieties in country areas?

Your plants look great btw.

IndicaFarmer

If anyone is interested, Zomia collective online out of thailand is offering 30 percent off with "Matesrates" as the promo code. i just got some shipped out to me on the way to portland a laos strain for 60 dollars even. Ten seeds of this laos unworked landrace. pretty good. we will see how it goes when they arrive. Just thought all astiva lovers should have a chance.....

Hmong

Veteran
I guess any Thai can be wrapped around a stick, but the effect will be the test.

it's only real with the red strings^^

love how the Thai guys are now popping up here like mushrooms
keep up the good work krap

If anyone has a property to rent in Thailand, shoot me a PM pls
really interested in growing my lines at their place of origin

@pilis nice plants, you could look to give all the black pots some overpots.
the sun & heat is killing them, as you can see the white pots doing much better in comparison.
if you wanna go more serious, look to built raised beds with plenty of soil
it would be closest to planting into the ground, saving you a ton of watering duty in these tropical conditions.