What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

GrandpaMillenial

Sorry Cvh.
I saw before a few minutes
Episode 6,at the 20 minutes.
There come high stress training again but with a plant not even flowering.
Maybe Royalqeenseeds are wrong?
Maybe we can do it earlyer????

Ive experimented with stem splitting a few times, I’ve tried bamboo skewers and simply using a drill, I’ve seen a reaction a few times. its supposed to really induce senescence.

I don’t really do it that much any more. apparently chitin in the water can simulate an insect attack on your plant, which would encourage a plant to kick her defense mechanisms into overdrive.

I definitely still super crop and do a bit of “kushman chiropractic” when training my plants in veg.

EA1102A1-3B79-4871-9BDB-FB1BF2CA3FCC.jpeg

GrandpaMillenial

Thanks to todays friendliest thai growerst, they share the seeds for free,just to keep alive the strain.
only write the first 4,have many more.
Madmacs
RC_Colas
Hueso
Led05

Thats awesome, Im getting ready to preserve a bunch of squirrel tail seeds, Maybe Ill reach out and get my mittens on some other proven thai stock.

Piff_cat

Ive experimented with stem splitting a few times, I’ve tried bamboo skewers and simply using a drill, I’ve seen a reaction a few times. its supposed to really induce senescence.

I don’t really do it that much any more. apparently chitin in the water can simulate an insect attack on your plant, which would encourage a plant to kick her defense mechanisms into overdrive.

I definitely still super crop and do a bit of “kushman chiropractic” when training my plants in veg.

View attachment 18774814
your speaking my language here. terpene inducing intentional stress is pandoras box. the single biggest difference between sativa in 70s and homogenized cookies these days arent about dna, but rather epigenetic changes. those which modify the end product without changing the geneics. the best example to learn these techniques is agarwood production. the most expensive incense in the world agarwood is only produced by stressed trees. the incense metabolites attack and protect the plant from fungi.

this incense is so expensive because for a long time farming for it meant waiting for an infection, animal attack, lightning strike. then it moved on to physical damage by humans- drilling etc. then it was innoculation with the fungi which cause the agarwood. however while this created a good product, the yields were low and the work unpredictable concerning the fungi. nowadays theyve got it figured out quite well- agar-wit. this process skips over the actual infection and uses the plants own defense chemicals to trick it. methyl jasmonate, absicis acid, chitin, protein hydrolosate is the new recipe but it gets better. the delivery mechanism uses the plants transpiration to spread the inducers. an access hole is made in the tree and inducers are injected into the xylem. thru the natural plant elevator we call transpiration the inducer is spread to every crevice of the plant. so much so that the entire tree becomes viable agarwood whereas all other methods only effect spot treatment. this is very relevant to thai. thai plants also have several terpenes specifically to fight fungi with farnese being the best known.

now the biggest drawback to possible high stress techniques could be hermies due to the stress. however there are solutions to this small problem either thru sterile cultivars or get the timing down to where the bananas dont matter. there is no info on possible sex expression problems, but considering how much agar wit has to offer it would be worth iti to find out. agarwood mimics haze- its secondary metabolites include guiaol, eudesmol, ocimene, linalool and also chromenes, from the same family as cbc, cbl and cbt.

1667092163488.png

1667091883295.png

GrandpaMillenial

your speaking my language here. terpene inducing intentional stress is pandoras box. the single biggest difference between sativa in 70s and homogenized cookies these days arent about dna, but rather epigenetic changes. those which modify the end product without changing the geneics. the best example to learn these techniques is agarwood production. the most expensive incense in the world agarwood is only produced by stressed trees. the incense metabolites attack and protect the plant from fungi.

this incense is so expensive because for a long time farming for it meant waiting for an infection, animal attack, lightning strike. then it moved on to physical damage by humans- drilling etc. then it was innoculation with the fungi which cause the agarwood. however while this created a good product, the yields were low and the work unpredictable concerning the fungi. nowadays theyve got it figured out quite well- agar-wit. this process skips over the actual infection and uses the plants own defense chemicals to trick it. methyl jasmonate, absicis acid, chitin, protein hydrolosate is the new recipe but it gets better. the delivery mechanism uses the plants transpiration to spread the inducers. an access hole is made in the tree and inducers are injected into the xylem. thru the natural plant elevator we call transpiration the inducer is spread to every crevice of the plant. so much so that the entire tree becomes viable agarwood whereas all other methods only effect spot treatment. this is very relevant to thai. thai plants also have several terpenes specifically to fight fungi with farnese being the best known.

now the biggest drawback to possible high stress techniques could be hermies due to the stress. however there are solutions to this small problem either thru sterile cultivars or get the timing down to where the bananas dont matter. there is no info on possible sex expression problems, but considering how much agar wit has to offer it would be worth iti to find out. agarwood mimics haze- its secondary metabolites include guiaol, eudesmol, ocimene, linalool and also chromenes, from the same family as cbc, cbl and cbt.

View attachment 18775477

View attachment 18775476

@Piff_cat, I think we have some similar ideas. Stem splitting is related to girdling.

In Forestry this is done to kill off trees. In viniculture, it is done to improve the grape. They even have a special tool to strip the bark.

It definitely has an effect, Its difficult to pinpoint the ideal time to damage the base of the plant. 3 days to 14 days before harvest? when is the ideal time?

Ive heard about old Central American pot farmers ringing to base of their plants to help get that gold color. I’ve also heard about old thai growers pushing nails in the base of the plant.

I will say this though, I’ve never been able to reveg a plant that i’ve punctured the base. So it’s definitely encouraging senescence.

GrandpaMillenial

If you are sharing Thai genetics I would love some seeds. I would like my next experiment with making hybrid seeds to be from Thai pollen.

Hey @flylowgethigh you can sneak a peek here,

I am revegging some thai clones and i have 4, almost 5 sprouted, so I am looking for a thai male. They riding a long while I veg out my current crop and then I will setup a second tent just for seed production.