What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have t grown Todd's sk1.

And if you are calling me Todd lol

Well this post should be erased foe harmful misinformation haha

Just talk on what you have grown.

mm
lol, that's pretty funny..

Todds SK#1 is was Sams's work reproduced by Mel Frank. At least he says they are. I found nothing to speak of in them. You can't get a priceless skunk chemotype from skunk seeds when the seeds were bred away from skunk lol.

The Original Skunk No.1 from Todd
(Afghan x Colombian) x Acapulco Gold

Listing every skunk ive grown would take too much effort on my part lol. I and a lot of others tried the Skunk Quest. All I know failed. People take up this quest all the time. I wish them good luck but it not gonna happen.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, that's pretty funny..

Todds SK#1 is was Sams's work reproduced by Mel Frank. At least he says they are. I found nothing to speak of in them. You can't get a priceless skunk chemotype from skunk seeds when the seeds were bred away from skunk lol.

The Original Skunk No.1 from Todd
(Afghan x Colombian) x Acapulco Gold

Listing every skunk ive grown would take too much effort on my part lol. I and a lot of others tried the Skunk Quest. All I know failed. People take up this quest all the time. I wish them good luck but it not gonna happen.
Looks like have probably tested alot of the same stuff.

What I said was....for 50.00 it's the best sk1 I have ever grown. They were quite skunky / cheesy. Closest sk1 I have grown to real skunk weed.

Everything for 100.00 from dutch seed cos we're trash on the nose. Great yielders though (beasters)

Did I say they were rks lol no. I def did not

mm

GrandpaMillenial

Theres a member on here that grew their squirrel tail. Hes a great grower. Only report i know of though and it hermied like crazy but I don't have experience with thais myself. Oh well i just wanted a second opinion. I'll just wait for more reports to come through

i had a read of it ,, seemed like a legit thai based on the look and description of the high ,

it was the panama that hermied though , not the thai , no seed in the thai and some male flowers were found on the indica infused looking panama ,, a disappointing example there by the sound and look and then hermies also ...

Thanks @RobFromTX and @Donald Mallard you are correct, but there is more to the story.

Im my sativa grow thread, I had two panama, and one of those was as dubi put it, “a red dwarf”.

Squirrel Tail in the back, Red Hermie Panama on the bottom. And some Black/Purple Flo poking in on the right lol.
IMG_7558.jpeg

Then I grew the other panama seed and found a winner, far right.
IMG_9667.jpeg

Anyway, squirrel tail

IMG_7428.jpeg

(These are clones)
IMG_7429.jpeg

I grew two clones of my single lucky seed that popped and I had a solid Female. I took her just barely into 17 weeks of 11/13 .

Then I decided to pop the rest of my seed, I had much better luck there…

to be continued…

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @RobFromTX and @Donald Mallard you are correct, but there is more to the story.

Im my sativa grow thread, I had two panama, and one of those was as dubi put it, “a red dwarf”.

Squirrel Tail in the back, Red Hermie Panama on the bottom. And some Black/Purple Flo poking in on the right lol.
View attachment 18936317

View attachment 18936313

Anyway, squirrel tail

View attachment 18936314

(These are clones)
View attachment 18936315

I grew two clones of my single lucky seed that popped and I had a solid Female. I took her just barely into 17 weeks of 11/13 .

to be continued…
Cool. The ST lone I showed had the EXACT Same leafs!

Must be the pure indica thai everyone was putting down here haha

mm

Last edited:

RobFromTX

View attachment 18936317

View attachment 18936313

Anyway, squirrel tail

View attachment 18936314

(These are clones)
View attachment 18936315

to be continued…

Wow The red dwarf. Fascinating stuff man. Ive grown it a few times and i haven't even ran across the rare purple pheno. The green ones have a nice buzz though. Thats why i like honduras x panama so much. panama goddess x purple colombian. Best of both worlds :smoke:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Cool. The ST lone I showed had the EXACT Same leafs!

mm
nothing even close ,
are u in need of an eye test mm ??
id highly recommend you take one ,
here is your st displaying indica like leaf ,
im sure grandpa will chime in and tell you his were not displaying leaf like that in full flower ,
you should be able to see it for yourself ,, but yea , go get that eye test mate ...
i mean look at that leaf in the bottom right hand corner yellowed off ,
thats a hybrid leaf , definitely not a pure thai sativa leaf ..

Screenshot_20231127_161154_Messenger.jpg

GrandpaMillenial

When I popped the rest of my squirrel tail, I was really just looking for a solid male.

I ended up with 2 solid males, 1-2 Solid females, But then I had 2-3 off these great smelling bushy plants… They were males… but had pistils coming out of the male flowers, all over the place.

A couple pics of the taller, less smelly, very finicky keepers.
IMG_7604.jpeg

IMG_7603.jpeg

More pics of the plants growing through the selection process…

3 in front had that juicy smell an flavor, but something seemed off, and they all hermed
IMG_7510.jpeg

IMG_7594.jpeg

if you look close, you’ll see a male flower w a pair of white pistils
IMG_7593.jpeg

IMG_7592.jpeg

I had everything setup, my choosen female, my choosen male.

Then I just screwed it all up and my clones died.

a hard lesson learned

Attachments

• IMG_7510.jpeg
    IMG_7510.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 33

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I popped the rest of my squirrel tail, I was really just looking for a solid male.

I ended up with 2 solid males, 1-2 Solid females, But then I had 2-3 off these great smelling bushy plants… They were males… but had pistils coming out of the male flowers, all over the place.

A couple pics of the taller, less smelly, very finicky keepers.
View attachment 18936328
View attachment 18936329

More pics of the plants growing through the selection process…

3 in front had that juicy smell an flavor, but something seemed off, and they all hermed
View attachment 18936330

View attachment 18936331

if you look close, you’ll see a male flower w a pair of white pistils
View attachment 18936332

View attachment 18936333

I had everything setup, my choosen female, my choosen male.

Then I just screwed it all up and my clones died.

a hard lesson learned
Hey grandpa. Tha ks for sharing!

I say these look alike. Donald says they look nothing alike.

What's your opinion. My eyes are 20 20

Screenshot_20231221_154412_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231221_154506_Samsung Internet.jpg

mm

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

I ended up with 2 solid males, 1-2 Solid females, But then I had 2-3 off these great smelling bushy plants… They were

males… but had pistils coming out of the male flowers, all over the place.
yea that happens a lot with them south east asian boys ,
i had it with some laos male too ,
it was late and he had already pollinated the girls ,
strangely ,, none of the girls from the seed that came from using the hermie male ,
were hermies ,, i expected they would be but was pleasantly surprised ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

View attachment 18936337 View attachment 18936338

mm
il stand by what ive said too,
those two sets of leaf dont look similar at all ,
maybe your vision is 20 20 ,
but your ability to assess leaf morphology is 0/0 ,
sounds from what the guys have said on this thread your nose plays tricks on you too ,, lol ..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with everything you said, but I’m thinking there’s an old timer out there somewhere who never gets online that are holding those genetics. 🤞🏻
That's the #1 excuse I hear often. The word would get out that a real deal skunker still carries the torch. There are always a few who say they have it but no one ever sees it lol. A true skunk plant is worth a fortune. Getting that clone out to save/preserve those genetics would be paramount IMO.

For a long time, people said Shoreline was the real deal until people started reporting on it. I asked Karma about her and was told shes, not the Skunk of old. I dont have faith that Skunk genetics were preserved. IMO those rare chemotypes were destroyed by poor breeding and the war on weed. There are a more rare chemotypes I remember as a kid that have been lost.. IMO we've lost more than we've gained in preserving cannabis genetics.

GrandpaMillenial

View attachment 18936337 View attachment 18936338

mm

Bro, my left was 15/20 after the army gave me laser eye surgery and Im gonna explain what I am looking for that I am not seeing in your girls.

The blades of the leaves should have stronger serrations.

The leaves on mid-old fan leaves should sorta hang like an hand half opened.

The tips of the blades should be like 1-2 inches of super narrow long tips.

Here are a few shots i just found to show you.
IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0523.jpeg

GrandpaMillenial

yea that happens a lot with them south east asian boys ,
i had it with some laos male too ,
it was late and he had already pollinated the girls ,
strangely ,, none of the girls from the seed that came from using the hermie male ,
were hermies ,, i expected they would be but was pleasantly surprised ...

Yeah, it was the final straw, they were a bit squat also, like there was 2 very definite phenos, I wanted the long tall classic thai pheno

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bro, my left was 15/20 after the army gave me laser eye surgery and Im gonna explain what I am looking for that I am not seeing in your girls.

The blades of the leaves should have stronger serrations.

The leaves on mid-old fan leaves should sorta hang like an hand half opened.

The tips of the blades should be like 1-2 inches of super narrow long tips.

Here are a few shots i just found to show you.
View attachment 18936342

View attachment 18936343
View attachment 18936344
I didnt grow any thai. Lol

Who did you poach those pics from?

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, it was the final straw, they were a bit squat also, like there was 2 very definite phenos, I wanted the long tall classic thai pheno
People here say there is only 1 pheno of st. I showed there were at least 4

Thanks for the verifiable reference

mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts