What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Psycho Diesel

S

SPG*

See where your coming from in saying that tho,buff!
Sometimes more diesely than what's meant to be "a" diesel imoe.:D
Impressive sized buds

It's the same ya / we had from CB a few yrs ago mate
"Mis labelled tc Casey jones"
Strong stuff

^yea,we wouldn't pick the same thing on the menu OR at least we'd have Variations of it (if we did have the same thing!)

Last edited:

oldbean

Thanks for an interesting read.

I'm not sure if my PD is legit or not. The dude that gave me the seeds said he made them himself, same goes for the psychosis seeds I was gifted at the same time.... I don't think he was LLP..was/is he??!

Lol

Peace

Last edited:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Kez aka KGBeans bred a Psychosis line and also his own Psycho Diesel line I recall using Psychosis as a mother and Cali Con Sour D Males. Kez's Psycho Diesel line was different to the Psycho Diesel clone that LLP shared.

So if you have seeds labelled Psychosis and Psycho Diesel I'd bet they originated with Kez.

Peace

B

birdman_

Very fond of PD! Wish She was here and Blooming..../-:

Yes llp's PD was smart. Big Flowers! Strong and Stretchy..

Last edited:
Kez aka KGBeans bred a Psychosis line and also his own Psycho Diesel line I recall using Psychosis as a mother and Cali Con Sour D Males. Kez's Psycho Diesel line was different to the Psycho Diesel clone that LLP shared.

So if you have seeds labelled Psychosis and Psycho Diesel I'd bet they originated with Kez.

Peace
ive got some of kgb psycho diesel seeds here,they are labeled psycho diesel pd14??does anyone know what that means? ,must get on and pop these!!ive tried the psychosis bx1 and it stunk the room out!!

oldbean

Peace

High Piff Rhys Jones

Thanks for the info, it seems I may have Psychosis & PD from Kez's line then, maybe reworked a little as I don't think it was Kez that gave me the beans but if it was & he is reading this.....don't worry about the £20 you owe me & the beans you swiped out of my collection box haha :tiphat: I was given the PD & Pschosis beans in summer 2013 by somebody I met via a cannabis social club..

Anyhoo...

I'm going to throw up some pictures of my Psychodiesel in the next few days orso, I have clones in veg & the seed plant in flower. I'm looking for some comments on the legitimacy of what I have as I am considering scrapping them both & just running Iced Grapefruit & Juicy Chronic Fruit as they are the ones performing best in my pheno hunt & showing me what I'm looking for. Edit- forgot to say I'm keeping a cherry cheesecake pheno of Bubblegummer too as it tastes like exodus cheese but less earthy with a black cherry undertone. Smells Like a fruity cheese.

Unfortunately, I don't know any other competent grower that can look after the 2 cuts I have in case I want them back so really would appreciate the feedback from the more knowledgeable & experienced growers that have worked with these strain's before I cull them from my veg area.

Initial thoughts are that the Psychosis isnt a great yielder but absolutely stinks even in veg & is potentially a magnet to thrips...the PD is impressing me simply by having some funky leaf shapes I've not seen before & also nice bud development on the branches/main stem with real long pistils & a strange deformity/mutation where it throws a 3rd branch from the main stem in between the secondary growth, this trait has followed the clones from the seed plant....mine experienced a massive stretch but that wasn't helped by not having my temps dialled in properly & also it had to reach for the light due to my multi strain pheno hunt setup in the flower tent... A few pics will show you guys what I mean hopefully

Until then....Keep it green, peace

Last edited:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Old Bean. If they flip better then they veg that may be reason enough to keep them. Hasve yo a separate veg flower area? Can you place some rooted cuttings into a shoebox every 12 hours to get an idea of the Aroma they have. I had a PD plant from somewhere and although it yielded well I couldn't sell it and I din't like it. I don't like diesel.... Or it's crosses I have tried. It's not got the flavour or the effects i'm after. I prefer nice weed..

oldbean

Old Bean. If they flip better then they veg that may be reason enough to keep them. Hasve yo a separate veg flower area? Can you place some rooted cuttings into a shoebox every 12 hours to get an idea of the Aroma they have. I had a PD plant from somewhere and although it yielded well I couldn't sell it and I din't like it. I don't like diesel.... Or it's crosses I have tried. It's not got the flavour or the effects i'm after. I prefer nice weed..

High Dave

Can you explain what you mean by if they flip better than they veg?

I do have a separate flower & veg area. The Psychosis in flower absolutely stinks if you so much as breath on it, the slightest movement of the plant releases a beautiful skunky, fruity stink, almost purple? If smells had a colour I would say Psychosis was purple. I don't think I've ever mentioned but from the 2 Psychosis seeds I germed I got 2 phenos, one has more indica shaped leaves and the other leaves more sativa like the clone...I've only kept cuts of the sativa pheno...hope I don't regret that lol

The PD in flower I haven't had a chance to have a good sniff yet as its at the back of the tent and I have to take at least 10 plants out to get to it, so its just been left to its own devices as all I can do is water it lol rest assured I shall give a proper assessment when I pull it out for pics.. I've never smoked PD before, the closest was chiesel & I don't think I liked it but can't remember as it was only once and years ago.

Keep it green,peace

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well stretch in some plants can be up to 3x the size of the vegetated plant depending on the room it has to stretch it's legs as it were. Some stuff just stands still. I would liken the 'Mover' to Psychosis and the 'treading water' to Purple Kush or Bubba.

Basically if you want a yield then it's usually the cultural tech that sets the yield limit after genetics. No single factor can improve a crops performance like genetics it is wrote in the textbooks.

As far as the two plants from psychosis seeds you mention Psychosis is a sativa leaning skunk, I think it's Skunk haze 19. Cheese is afghani influenced plant with sativa growth profile, pablo cheese is a sativa columbian leading plant.

The nicer crosses are sativa leaning in everything I have seen ever.

OG Kush the leggy one that's the best I've tried or the Yank stuff.

It's crap compared to Psychos tho but it's a 'Mover' @ flip .

Essentially they do more faster in flower than veg and it's good for a turnover fast.

Strawberry Cheisel's, my friend Max Lumens started that game before Heath did. It yields ok the seeds we have. Not tried a pheno a hunt and then tried to beast mode it like him. His Hydro weed would smoke like a bag of shite I am certain of it.

I don't think Diesel blends with skunk as well like it does other genetics.

I have keepers and thrown lots away over the years. Most the throw aways have been Yank genetics that are bland full of THC and boring to smoke they have a poor high and were selected for hermit traits I think or looks of the THC by Rez and whoever else. Crap stuff.

mack 10

Veteran

Nice weed? Fug dat! Gimme some stank ass Diesel anyday.

( an I'm talking Diesel not Soma Diesel)

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nah it's mostly hermi, it smokes OK Mac but if you bred that you'd be ashamed or I would anyhow.

I find things from the finer side of cannabis to do it for me. Done properly not some (Yehaw cowboy stuff) untested and released.

I'm not saying that there are not good plants to be found in the genetics but they hermi. I wouldn't waste my time looking through tat. They taste sour and fizzy metallic, like sucking a coin..

That's not what I look for I like creamy sweet citrus but not lemon. I like it incredibly potent, stuff that you can get wasted from just one toke not just get red eyes and fall asleep from boredom.

I like a sweaty top lip, teary eye cannabis that 'onion garlic' potency that smells like decent skunk and goes through walls. The fruit thing. Dank don't do it for me that smell is a bit too damp cellar and crap.

I blaze it Raw.. I feel I can talk about how they smoke and the effects of pure cannabis.

Diesel is a hermi plant a throw away!

oldbean

Well stretch in some plants can be up to 3x the size of the vegetated plant depending on the room it has to stretch it's legs as it were. Some stuff just stands still. I would liken the 'Mover' to Psychosis and the 'treading water' to Purple Kush or Bubba.

Basically if you want a yield then it's usually the cultural tech that sets the yield limit after genetics. No single factor can improve a crops performance like genetics it is wrote in the textbooks.

As far as the two plants from psychosis seeds you mention Psychosis is a sativa leaning skunk, I think it's Skunk haze 19. Cheese is afghani influenced plant with sativa growth profile, pablo cheese is a sativa columbian leading plant.

The nicer crosses are sativa leaning in everything I have seen ever.

OG Kush the leggy one that's the best I've tried or the Yank stuff.

It's crap compared to Psychos tho but it's a 'Mover' @ flip .

Essentially they do more faster in flower than veg and it's good for a turnover fast.

Strawberry Cheisel's, my friend Max Lumens started that game before Heath did. It yields ok the seeds we have. Not tried a pheno a hunt and then tried to beast mode it like him. His Hydro weed would smoke like a bag of shite I am certain of it.

I don't think Diesel blends with skunk as well like it does other genetics.

I have keepers and thrown lots away over the years. Most the throw aways have been Yank genetics that are bland full of THC and boring to smoke they have a poor high and were selected for hermit traits I think or looks of the THC by Rez and whoever else. Crap stuff.

Thanks for explaining that, I understand now. My Bubblegummer cherry cheesecake pheno stretches 3x when its flipped, quite remarkable to witness.

I don't think I've ever knowingly smoked a Diesel strain, so will be interesting, I normally like sour sweets so I might like the Diesel taste, who knows?!

Max Lumens rings a bell, not sure why:dunno:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Max is a cool guy. Probably the best weed grower I have ever met, https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/8996Strawberry_Cheesel_5.jpg

Here is one of his cheisel's. You can see that the cheese was most dominant in this cross all the primary metabolites seem to be cheese dom and it was the major influence over the whole cross. It's sweeter cheese I thought and better growing.. The Diesel added some chunk to the cheese flowers and put a few more popcorn sites on every leader.

You will like pure diesel, I don't mind it when I have no smoke but I don't have a need for it or want to grow things that herm as badly as 'Pure Diesel'. That's what we try to get away from as growers.

What ever the hybrid's lineage is that is the makeup of Diesel it's poor, it never became a great strain..

lovelightpower

Veteran
I crossed this strain and I did love her. But I lost her when I had to move house abruptly. Anyone still got a cut or know of anyone who's got a cut of my psycho-diesel.
I honestly thought it was better than psychosis or diesel, it was the best of both, it stunk and It got you higher than psychosis. Was potent shit!

lovelightpower

Veteran
I crossed this strain and I did love her. But I lost her when I had to move house abruptly. Anyone still got a cut or know of anyone who's got a cut of my psycho-diesel.
I honestly thought it was better than psychosis or diesel, it was the best of both, it stunk and it got you higher than psychosis. Was potent shit!

lovelightpower

Veteran
Shit! I'm looking at the picture of PD you posted, she was a beast, hope she is still about. I've got that "the one that got away" syndrome. Only had that with 2 plants so far, and this is one of them.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew her but I didn't get her dialled in or whatever them hydro nerds call it :biggrin: I recall Rollitlarge having good words about her. Max lumens got rid of PsyxDzl and the KC when I was away, after my near miss with the law before a burglary he didn't water them. I passed it to Leptosoma along with Jackie P but she didn't veg out for him and I will ask about the PsyxDzl Kc was a gonner by then. Shame because she had such brilliant pink hues but was awkward for indoor use...

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kentish Creme around or gone?...be gentle I may cry....I have about 24 viable seeds of KC x Backtoothf3 but nowt else related....anyone thrown any pollen at her? The other cut's I hated losing are LemonVenom and SAGE(my own dumb fault) :(