What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pre---Y2K---AK

kro-magnon

Veteran
Never had a hamster, I wonder what a hamster cage smell like🤢🤢
The AK cross look really good, you have no problem with wildlife here ?
One year I had a little plant in a 2L pot who had a very strong smell in veg, a deer or another big enough animal stole it in the pot because one morning it had disappeared. I was really excited to see this plant flowering because of the strong smell in veg but I guess I wasn't the only creature interested with it.

StickyBandit

One year I had a little plant in a 2L pot who had a very strong smell in veg, a deer or another big enough animal stole it in the pot because one morning it had disappeared. I was really excited to see this plant flowering because of the strong smell in veg but I guess I wasn't the only creature interested with it.
Might have been a two legged animal :p

Thcvhunter

Veteran
OG smells like cedar chips to me, which is whats used to bed a hamster cage.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Bear have trampled some plants early on. Then deer ate a bunch, like 30-40 plants while still in solo cups.
But its all good, its why i plant so many at the beginning
Yes in some conditions you have to start a lot more than what you plan to harvest, specially in guerilla growing where the plants are really at reach of wildlife. I hope the seeds were from your own repro or it's quickly an expensive grow if deers ate dozens of seedlings.
I found it pretty funny to see the plant and the pot disappeared, never seen that plastic pot again. I picture the deer with the stem in his mouth hoping over the fence, pride of his pick up and ready to enjoy it.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Upgrade your game to the next level. Protect your plants with chicken wire!
It's not enough to stop some wild animals determined to get this lovely smelling plant in the wild. A ex- friend had some bins with clones in a natural park and nothing he put stopped animals from getting to the plot. Some mice made their nest in the bins, destroying the roots, the season was a disaster for the mount of work it took.
Where my family live there is boars and deers and they can take off the chicken wire easily to get to the small oak trees who should yield truffles.