What's new

pit bulls...

xtsho

Took my bitch for a walk this morning and some lady that was jogging stopped to check out the dog. She didn't believe it was a Pitbull and thought she was a Lab. I was nice and talked with her for about 5 minutes. She was looking hot in some pink shorts so I engaged her for as long as I could.

She thought Jasmine was a beautiful dog and I didn't disagree. Hope to run into her again for the view.

jasmine06292024a.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Took my bitch for a walk this morning and some lady that was jogging stopped to check out the dog. She didn't believe it was a Pitbull and thought she was a Lab. I was nice and talked with her for about 5 minutes. She was looking hot in some pink shorts so I engaged her for as long as I could.

She thought Jasmine was a beautiful dog and I didn't disagree. Hope to run into her again for the view.

View attachment 19025295
She hopes to see you again too. Your dog os pretty and looks healthy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

View attachment 19025295
😍
i need to get another dog

xtsho

I really can't stress going to the local shelter to get a dog in need if you're looking. There are so many in need of a home that will be your best friend forever. Rescue dogs are the most appreciative.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Go to the local shelter. You'll fall in live with one. Then your life will be complete.
yeah man! thats where we got our last dog
she was super star and i still miss her
right now is not the time for me to get a dog but you know when i do its going to be a shelter dog

/no like in this thread but all the love brother

iStruggle

I defended pits for the longest time, started researching for a paper I was going to write defending them. The numbers are just vulgar. Cant remember what year it was, 2014 I think. More fatal attacks than all other dogs combined, even when the ‘pit bull types’ were taken out of the equation. They’re killers. Yours may not be, but as a whole, yeah, cant be argued. I tried.

Ca++

I defended pits for the longest time, started researching for a paper I was going to write defending them. The numbers are just vulgar. Cant remember what year it was, 2014 I think. More fatal attacks than all other dogs combined, even when the ‘pit bull types’ were taken out of the equation. They’re killers. Yours may not be, but as a whole, yeah, cant be argued. I tried.
Respect for following the science. Even when it wasn't the outcome you wanted.

Respect to the those visiting the rescue centers also. Nobody wants to encourage home breeders to produce more, when it directly links to another having to die. The rescue centers should also be professionals, and of quickly filtered through the incoming animals. Finding the ones rejected due to clearly bad temperament. We must remember the home breeder has valued these almost by the count. 6 pups, is 6 cash payments, based on appearance. This is why in the UK, home breeding is now illegal. It's a job for professionals. The rescue center adds a decent filter. Quickly finding the obviously antisocial ones.

Some breeds are so popular for disowning here, that the shelters can't keep even the good one's. They are present in a disproportionate number, that means shelters must cap the number they keep. We shouldn't support home breeding. The people behind it often have no idea of breeding, except you need a male and female. It's a home industry that breeds bad animals. Though obviously this is solid science, that melts away under the light of idiocy

xtsho

I was a Pitbull hater for years. I had nothing good to say about them. Then I adopted my dog from the shelter not realizing that what I had was the original Pitbull that was at one time called the "Nanny" dog because they were so good with children. I thought it was a cross that might have some Pitbull in it. The dog was so nice when I first met it. It immediately laid down and rolled on it's back wanting a belly rub. I knew right then that I was taking the dog home. It's been one of the best dogs I've ever had and when she goes I'm going to get another one from a shelter or a reputable breeder.

She's well behaved, follows instructions, very smart, loves children, just an all around good dog. She's no good as a guard dog as she's so friendly. She just wants to be loved and give love. She really opened my eyes as far as the true Pitbull is concerned. Back in the day when they were bred to dogfight or Bull Bait they shot immediately and dog that showed aggression towards man. The original true bloodlines are very good dogs that are very loyal and obedient.

The problem is with the dogs that have been bred with other breeds to make them bigger and more menacing. Those Bully Xl's are not the same and are dangerous and unpredictable dogs. They are being bred by people without any qualifications. They're bred for nothing more than looks and the inbreeding has created dogs that are mentally unstable.

What's happened is people have bred the dogs with other breeds to make them bigger and more menacing looking. Most people don't think my dog is a Pitbull because they associate the breed with the big headed menacing looking dogs that have been bred for that look.

The bloodlines that go back centuries which is what I have do not resemble and are nothing like the "Bully Pits" that most people think of when thinking of a Pitbull.

These old game dogs are completely different in temperament and appearance. The shelter I got mine from had it listed as a "Mixed Breed" because apparently they didn't even know. But I have DNA results that say my dog is American Pitbull Terrier. I looked at the dogs available for adoption from the same shelter and they have a bunch of Bulldog,?/APBT crosses listed as Pitbulls. Really stocky dogs with big heads. The original Pitbull's are sleek with a much smaller head.

I completely understand the aversion many have with what is considered a Pitbull today. I share the same feelings. I don't want to be around them and I don't trust them. But the real American Pitbull Terrier is a completely different dog and isn't anything like what most think of as Pitbull.

I've done a significant amount of research regarding the true breed of this dog. I'm bothered that these original dogs have been tainted by crosses that are nothing like the originals but have hijacked the name.