What's new

pit bulls...

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
my cow dogs 35-45lbs are meant to bite.…and with varying % of dingo in them makes them less predictable …majority of country Vets will tell you they have been bitten by more than other breeds……and it’s not out of meanness/anger……..gotta have some cajones to force a 1000lb critter to change direction…..

another note of Yote hunting…..old buddy out here used Kelpies on ranches …send them out to lure yote within distance of…..bam…..was damn good at and a fair fee per……

ganj on……

if you own a lock down bully breed best to always carry a breaking stick to quickly unlock jaws and minimize damage…..real simple instead of beating the dog or starting a tug of war with ……

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
not sure if any remember Al Banuelos American Bulldog named Predator…..back in 80’s he was out to prove his line of dogs could compete with the best European breed dogs in Ring, IPO, Schutzund….in real time police work as well….and did….might be some tube video out there..
thinking was from southerner Allan Scott line …

right

People are very passionate about pits because they are not for killing,with us they are family. Pitbul owners aren't thugs bullies or assholes . Pitbul owners are pothead in my experience. They need special attention. They are not for everyone.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm not surprised how this thread turned out.if people can't take care of their dogs that's their fault.never met an aggressive pitbull.i did meet one that seemed upset I was sitting on their couch.fucker kinda made a low growl.i can assure you if that dog attacked me for no reason it would be dead in 5 seconds.if people are scared or can't handle a dog stay the fuck away from them.every damn unprovoked dog attack and I mean all dogs is the owners fault for not knowing shit about raising animals.ive raised llamas,horses,bees,dozens of cats and dogs.never had a problem cause I know what I'm doing.

My boy is a lab pit mix.in all of 13 or 14 years he has never shown one hint of aggression.if someone broke in or tried to hurt me I'd be more worried about my boy getting hurt.the brindil on floor is a pit too.she was a good dog.took off from the farm and never seen her since.her puppy there is a Doberman pit mix.hes a dopey guy but very lovable too.any sign of aggression.if is 99% of the time the owners fault
20230101_182914.jpg
20221007_131209.jpg

mexweed

Veteran
Actual pitbulls aren't big dogs, there are a lot of crossbreeds that have the look to them and get called pitbulls, the largest pitbull was around 70lbs unconditioned known as Colby's Pincher, but generally males shouldn't exceed 50lbs

A pitbull should be game/dog aggressive and being fixed doesn't really have an impact if they are truly game, just as a retriever should naturally want to jump into a lake to fetch a duck fixed or not, but they have to have the intelligence to go along with it, and you cannot change a dog from being a dog...in other words they are still pack animals

If they are living with a dog or cat they should play with it in a way that increases the other animal's fearlessness and combat ability without harming it, random/unfamiliar dogs are another story except in some cases with a male and female

Generally they were bred to not be human aggressive because they needed to be able to be handled/separated during fights, but there are some accounts of psycho "man biters" being bred by some because of their performance in the pit

Here is a link to the Richard Stratton book for free https://game-dog-world.blogspot.com/

For a good reference of their size here is Jack Dempsey with his

Dempsey.jpeg

Last edited:

xtsho

After doing some extensive research on the American Pitbull Terrier going back to the beginning of the lineage. I have come to realize that my dog is the original. I thought she was a mix but like many others I associated Pitbull with the dogs that have had other breeds bred into them. What most consider a pitbull is not the original APBT but a cross with a variety of other dogs including Bulldogs, Cane Corso's, Mastiffs, etc... Those are not the true APBT who's lineage can be traced back to the early 19'th century.

I would never had known what I know about this breed had I not rescued my dog from the shelter.

The true Pitbull is not the dog most people think of. And the true Pitbull while being a "Game" dog is not normally aggressive towards people. But they can be aggressive towards other dogs. Legitimate breeders for this dog are breeding dogs that don't show any aggression at all.

The true APBT is a beautiful dog that is not aggressive towards man. It was once called the "Nanny" dog as it was so friendly with children. It wasn't until the 1980's when the Pitbull crosses that were being bred by sketchy breeders that the Pitbull started to get bad publicity. Most of these dogs were not true Pitbull's. I like many didn't realize that those dogs that were being called Pitbull's were not the true Pitbull breed.

I've had many dogs in my life and hope to have many more. I'm currently in contact with a couple legitimate APBT breeders in the US to obtain an true APBT puppy as I've found this dog to be one of the best breeds I've ever owned. My APBT has never shown any aggression towards anyone and instead lowers her head waiting to be petted before trying to lick the hand of strangers. True APBT's are terrible guard dogs due to the fact that they are not aggressive to man.

The only issue is her separation anxiety. She does not like to be left alone. When I got her she was on medication for that but i quickly ended that. What has worked better than giving her daily medication was getting her a buddy to be with when we have to leave the dogs at home.

I adopted a Chihuahua to keep her company. They're best friends and she doesn't freak out when we leave now that she has another dog around to keep her company.

I love my dogs

American Pitbull Terrier

jasminchewy11132024c.jpg
jasminchewy11132024.jpg

jasminchewy11132024b.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you gotta have a license and pass a test to drive a car. should be the same way to buy a pit or have children. i'm starting to lean that direction about firearms as well. not a physical exam, a mental one, and a good dose of a "truth serum" while we're at it. :confused:

shithawk420

Veteran
you gotta have a license and pass a test to drive a car. should be the same way to buy a pit or have children. i'm starting to lean that direction about firearms as well. not a physical exam, a mental one, and a good dose of a "truth serum" while we're at it. :confused:
jesus christ.good thing i do whatever the fuck i want,.you WILL NEVER VIOLIAT MY RIGHTS NO MATTER WHAT!!!. I will shoot you and stab you if yoy try to to violiate my 4th amamendant rights. what the fuck are you thinking? your my buddy but TDS or whatever its called has messed you up