What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

PiffCoastFarms

Anybody got a smoke report or two on it. Not trying to be a smartass just asking is all...:)

yes… look up Cuban black haze review on YouTube by jay kitchen uptowngrowlabs. he tried a few of my other strains as well. That should tell ya everything you need to know 😎

Attachments

• photo2093438.jpg
    photo2093438.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 65

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you right man. I didnt say NL5haze is bad smoke, too far from the best haze in the world though. I thought that it is something I know, and I always thought piff is something else.. according to descriptions.. here in Europe we were never satisfied with NL5haze and everybody crossed it with everything to improve mainly the taste. so we have super lemon haze, amnesia, nebula etc..

so if piff is NLhaze, I am not buying these overpriced piff seeds, which are appearing here and there, and just pop mango haze seeds I have, as it is practically the best bred NLhaze line out there imo..

on the other hand, I keep hearing folks from Nyc use to say, that anything they smoke in A´dam cant come close to nyc uptown - in this case it should be different than NLhaze and something better? then it could be interesting for me..

edit: no NLhaze goes for 120 days, it is not NLhaze then...

😂
NL5Haze was and has been the best weed in Europe for over 30 years , never was anyone not satified with it , or the taste 😂, only you.
people x with many things because it was the best not to improve taste or High which were amazing.
you chat so much breeze about Haze its to 😂.
so are you going to enter icmag cup or are you all talk ?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
😂
NL5Haze was and has been the best weed in Europe for over 30 years , never was anyone not satified with it , or the taste 😂, only you.
people x with many things because it was the best not to improve taste or High which were amazing.
you chat so much breeze about Haze its to 😂.
so are you going to enter icmag cup or are you all talk ?

hahaha :D the same marketing all the time. hope this rant helps you to sell your NLhaze seeds... thats why you hype it, right?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
It's not hype, dude...

you think, I dont know NLhaze?

super silver haze:

fetch

fetch

I thought it is good too, but then I smoked real haze! and it was superior to any NLhaze... if it is not Hype, ojd doesnt have to promote it here. he has his own paid forum here. but probably dont get enough attention and sells are stagnating, no wonder. real breeders like Ace beat him in it probably. people know where is breeding talent and quality.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you think, I dont know NLhaze?

super silver haze:

fetch

fetch

I thought it is good too, but then I smoked real haze! and it was superior to any NLhaze... if it is not Hype, ojd doesnt have to promote it here. he has his own paid forum here. but probably dont get enough attention and sells are stagnating, no wonder. real breeders like Ace beat him in it probably. people know where is breeding talent and quality.

😂
i dont pay for any forum or any advertising like most do ,and sales are great these days 😭.
Dont bring Ace into your fight as they love the NL5 Haze and do plenty of work with it.
i dont even work with any of any Nevilles NL5Haze cut these days , i got all of Nevilles next generation of Haze , the Grail project and its better than any Haze ive expierienced and upstaging his old work.
Neville is the Haze master and made better Haze than you me and Ace so stop with your stupid talk about inferior Haze's 😂 and i wont ever reply to any of your post.
you ready for the icmag.com cup , or let me guess you cant enter your amazing Haze's ? 😂

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I dont know what these rants of you have common with NYC Piff? I dont fight you, you fight me and my opinion. can you stop to attack me? thanks. it looks that your weed is not that positive, probably some narcotic type of sativa hybrid.

yes, inbred NLhazes are inferior. yes, creator himself didn't recommend to inbred NLhaze. it says everything.

so let say we have two statements:

first:

NYC Piff is dutch NLhaze. prove it or deny it.

second:

NYC Piff is something else, some colombian sativa hybrid. prove it or deny it.

it is all speculation, and if this speculation comes from seed seller, it looks like seedseller thinks that if he says that piff is NLhaze, it will increase sells of his NLhaze seeds.

the best "NLhaze" I tried, was bandaid haze, which is half nyc blacks. not sure if it is NLhaze or not as it is so good. Doc D is selling it, but I dont see he would need to attack MAHA KALA opinion on NLhaze... LOL

also dont see anybody from ACE to promote their seeds out of their forum or attack somebody for opinion and telling somebody to stop talking or something...

and yes, ACE used a5 cut and hugely improved it by their malawi, and took it on another level, where NLhaze has never been.

have good day.

olday

Veteran
I dont know what these rants of you have common with NYC Piff? I dont fight you, you fight me and my opinion. can you stop to attack me? thanks. it looks that your weed is not that positive, probably some narcotic type of sativa hybrid.

yes, inbred NLhazes are inferior. yes, creator himself didn't recommend to inbred NLhaze. it says everything.

so let say we have two statements:

first:

NYC Piff is dutch NLhaze. prove it or deny it.

second:

NYC Piff is something else, some colombian sativa hybrid. prove it or deny it.

it is all speculation, and if this speculation comes from seed seller, it looks like seedseller thinks that if he says that piff is NLhaze, it will increase sells of his NLhaze seeds.

the best "NLhaze" I tried, was bandaid haze, which is half nyc blacks. not sure if it is NLhaze or not as it is so good. Doc D is selling it, but I dont see he would need to attack MAHA KALA opinion on NLhaze... LOL

also dont see anybody from ACE to promote their seeds out of their forum or attack somebody for opinion and telling somebody to stop talking or something...

and yes, ACE used a5 cut and hugely improved it by their malawi, and took it on another level, where NLhaze has never been.

have good day.
As you said it’s more outcrossed than it is NLxHaze
BH7 - Cuban Black Haze x (a5/thai x Mirakel)

having grown and smoked BH7 and NL Haze as well as only smoking the CBH I don’t think it leans very much in the NL Haze direction. Ymmv but not a great compare.
the Fort Collins cough we had for a while was afaik a straight nlhaze and it was amazing smoke and tasted great as well.

browntrout

Veteran

having grown and smoked BH7 and NL Haze as well as only smoking the CBH I don’t think it leans very much in the NL Haze direction. Ymmv but not a great compare.
the Fort Collins cough we had for a while was afaik a straight nlhaze and it was amazing smoke and tasted great as well.

BH7 is Cuban Black Haze x A5/Mirakel Thai no? Not double Thai / A5? I know there is some conflicting accounts depending on where you read the lineage.

having grown Killer A5, A5 S1 and Ba#75 in very small amounts and subsequent hybrids. The Killer A5 seemed to have the least of the musky, old pine, A5 smells, the malawi influence did add resin by the looks of it. I think I’d of rather grown a Panama A5 or Panama/A5 x A5 (especially Male/female) over the killer A5. And at this point BA#75 or A5 S1 over Killer A5. But that’s only a small snapshot as to each strain and personal preference.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

yeah but suggestions or opinions of some guys is that NYC hazes are dutch NLhaze, I dont know I am not able to judge from here, you seem to have different opinion that CBH is not NLhaze. I respect it.

I grew it next to nevilles haze first generation cut twice, indoors and greenhouse, and it seemed to me very similar. bh7 was better for me. of course. it is only my opinion.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
BH7 is Cuban Black Haze x A5/Mirakel Thai no? Not double Thai / A5? I know there is some conflicting accounts depending on where you read the lineage.

having grown Killer A5, A5 S1 and Ba#75 in very small amounts and subsequent hybrids. The Killer A5 seemed to have the least of the musky, old pine, A5 smells, the malawi influence did add resin by the looks of it. I think I’d of rather grown a Panama A5 or Panama/A5 x A5 (especially Male/female) over the killer A5. And at this point BA#75 or A5 S1 over Killer A5. But that’s only a small snapshot as to each strain and personal preference.

I grew A5panama, and indeed it reminded me old good Jack. but I didn't mean so much terps, when I said malawi took it on another level. I am sure there is leathery organic incense pheno in a5malawi, there is whole thread about it there. but still has nothing to do with NYC hazes probably.

personally I am not so interested in it so much. but I just said my opinion, because I was interested in nyc hazes, as I like soaring ceilingless high. but if its NLhaze, my interest drops, as I grew it already many times. and have good cuts of it. I am not interested in seed drama of some seed sellers.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I wish I could sample some of yalls hazes to be a judge... I've had many diff types of NYC Haze... Piff was just slang not a clone... if it smelled like haze it was piff no matter what... You either had dirt, mids, exotic/kb, or piff. There is definitely a few versions that are very different..
I like the red hair, and golden/yellowish tint stuff that smells like its laced or sprayed with embalming fluid or turpentine and has a sticky goey texture to it.... you squeeze a bud and it just molds stiff that way, a denser type bud than the sandy trich fluff version that would break into dust... .. The oily gooey texture haze almost stays wetlike cause of the trichs... .. A lot of other hazes were large calyx lime green and stringy buds or basically beads mashed into a fat fluffy 1g $20bag.. I'm pretty sure the good dense golden shit was nl5haze, maybe even g13hz, and the lime green fluffbud was SSH.

Panama x a5 sounds amazing....... a5 s1... yes please

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
The most hazey smelling plants that are non frankensense but that menthol camphor sandlewood spice and sweet but sour, that typical haze smell that is in the background in most haze hybrids, anyway the most hazey in terps were the incense haze x iss from chi, i grown out now the incense haze x jack and maybe another, the blockhead cross, the jack cross is really really good and quite uniform and the iss cross is super duper hazey and quite long flower to really long flower to really late to flower and long flower...What i can see is that if the ISS is hazeNL x SPG and if "jack" from "jacques" is a jack herer line and if the incense haze and s1 (bagseed) from piff sections, then i see a clear pattern. The least hazey are the straight outcross of blockhead..the jacks were all 8 -9 weeks done and fat and sticky and terpy, one male is so stinky of skunky hazey terps..but the most hazey in form and terps are super super hazey is the ISS x which would make sense if it was an outcross and backcross to the same genepool, the jack cross far more tamed and fat and dense marketable flower on a stretching sativa frame and super super sticky and resined even by todays standards and really good calyx to leaf ratio, good loud volume of terps but less hazey that the ISS cross some sweeter and some fruitier but sticky and loud..if 'jack' was a jack herer line with some good selection and haze nl x haze sk then x haze nl it makes sense completely and in terps too makes sense completely. In those seed most plants were of or close to production class for haze or sativa hybrids, almost perfect plants. But by far the most terpy are the ISS incense haze, super haze terps all day long and if haze nl x SPG x haze NL it makes sense..anyway nothing wrong with NL x haze, you can only diss it so much...nevilles selections are the foundation of a large swathe of modern stuff..and then again that combo of lumbo, thai and afghan is the building block of most modern stuff...theres a reason for it...flavour, effect, growing ease, yield, reistance...the best middle ground around can be found with selection...

The ISS x IHaze BTW also the terps were very true breeding and came out in 3/4 to 4/5 of girls from seed I made with them...im sure if you took this line back to a haze nl line you'd get super piffy plants almost in every seed..probably with improved production..i cant stress how terpy this line is, enough..even a 5 month old bud thats light brown and been lying on a desk in the sun, you can give it a squeeze and its not the densest, but the haze presence still fills the air strong..light it and its soaring sweating amazing complex tasting..even though leafy and fluffy, very resinous though smaller glands. The jack cross larger glands..jack cross just chunks of resin twirling up a strong stick ending in a glistening spear that is like a hash ball..just a chunk of resin..

olday

Veteran

I think you you are correct on the parents, my first run of the Killer A5 is a few weeks into flower now so I’ll see what I have eventually- one thing I did notice is that the branches are way thicker/stronger on the girl I got which is nice. I have one of their thai x Panama a few weeks out from harvest and the branches need a lot of support
here is the Ka5 so far
0FF3D806-F33D-4FCC-B1BC-442CC4D6FEEA.jpeg

browntrout

Veteran
yeah but suggestions or opinions of some guys is that NYC hazes are dutch NLhaze, I dont know I am not able to judge from here, you seem to have different opinion that CBH is not NLhaze. I respect it.

I grew it next to nevilles haze first generation cut twice, indoors and greenhouse, and it seemed to me very similar. bh7 was better for me. of course. it is only my opinion.

I have no idea honestly, In my neck of the woods Things didn’t have names until after 2010 for the most part, unless grown by myself or friends. So as far as having an opinion on what CBH is, or any of these suspected NL5/Haze cuttings are I’m not sure or qualified. Can only go off the few incense and cat piss sativa examples I’ve encountered and what I’ve grown from seed personally.

And for me, judging any other Suspected NL5/Haze off of one A5 mother seems futile. I can only imagine the plethora of phenos from the original seed line, I highly doubt the A5 mother Karma/Ace works with came from a meticulous selection of the original plants, likely more like a surviving plant from a pack or two? Don’t get me wrong I’m glad to have it. But for anyone that has worked seed lines or sifted through F2’s, the phenos present in comparison to one another might as well be different strains in some cases.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Adam Dunn show is doing a show on piff today, easy to find where he's at he has a website and youtube channel. I'm not sure if I can post the link https://linktr.ee/AdamDunnShow but if you can see it it will show where you can find him if you're interested to hear what they have to say.

Latest posts

Latest posts