What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

Zomboy

Veteran
First one is the golden Audubon haze, we used to call it that puday. This pic is taken at 99 days. It’s my first time running this cut my boy finally let me have it. He always said minimum 120 and now I believe him. Might even go longer. This haze has that gold/yellowish color when it’s finished and smells like incense catpiss and embalming fluid

View Image

Next pic is redline haze. This cut is a bagseed found off vermilyea ave in 2001 and it was grown in jersey city for a long time. I take it around 80 days and done. This one is the most visually appealing Lime green with red hairs and has a churchy soapy smell with more modern looking nugs

View Image

Last one is the Cuban black haze from Miami, still early in flower in the pic but the sweet spot for me for this cut is 90 days. This was the most common haze you could find on the block. That musky incense grandmas basement light to darker green and really hairy

View Image

Thanks for sharing, brings back good memories. Its been about 2 decades since Ive had some uptown. Im partial to that soapy incense flavor.

asher1er

Veteran
haze is haze.just depends what u like.as far as cuts or seeds available.youd be better off finding a seed in a haze bag then getting a cut from a big ass dominican.just saying.the pictures are great though.looks like its a bit early but defiantly got the smell.

haze is haze? to each his own:petting:

I'll just leave this here:DThanks homie!
picture.php

:tiphat: :joint:

vanilla dutch

i just know that ive never had the same haze twice. its a different one everytime.some good some bad.mostly great.always wanted a real damp smelling one but usually just typical haze calyx' s.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
First one is the golden Audubon haze, we used to call it that puday. This pic is taken at 99 days. It’s my first time running this cut my boy finally let me have it. He always said minimum 120 and now I believe him. Might even go longer. This haze has that gold/yellowish color when it’s finished and smells like incense catpiss and embalming fluid

View Image

Next pic is redline haze. This cut is a bagseed found off vermilyea ave in 2001 and it was grown in jersey city for a long time. I take it around 80 days and done. This one is the most visually appealing Lime green with red hairs and has a churchy soapy smell with more modern looking nugs

View Image

Last one is the Cuban black haze from Miami, still early in flower in the pic but the sweet spot for me for this cut is 90 days. This was the most common haze you could find on the block. That musky incense grandmas basement light to darker green and really hairy

This is funny man you're bringing back memories. Jersey city and redline! I remember that stuff. Was the only high grade I recall being available in jersey 2003ish. That golden puday might be the one though. Would love to know what bigherb thinks. Looked at website btw. Pretty cool. Saw tigerpiss x cuban black haze. What's tigerpiss? That supposed to be the puday?

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
those that get seeds/cuts of this please dont make it so hard for us to track down, again, k? asking for a friend.

-cap

PiffCoastFarms

This is funny man you're bringing back memories. Jersey city and redline! I remember that stuff. Was the only high grade I recall being available in jersey 2003ish. That golden puday might be the one though. Would love to know what bigherb thinks. Looked at website btw. Pretty cool. Saw tigerpiss x cuban black haze. What's tigerpiss? That supposed to be the puday?

Tigerpiss is an Afghan haze F2 selection that smells like catpiss. When I got the seeds they were labeled tigerpiss f2

spadedNfaded

Veteran

View Image

View Image

View Image

I need it allllllll lol pplleeaaaassee

Seriously I've had all types of piff growing up in jersey. Incense, pleathery, catpissy, etc. It's the reason I started growing. I was tired of paying $20 for .6s or $500/oz.

I have some A5S1 from Karma I'm growing now that leaves a good holiday smell in the air - think mulling spices and cedar. It doesn't have the taste, tho. 14 weeks.

I've grown probably close to 50 "haze" phenos from cuts and seeds, from super silver, mango, diesel haze, a5, etc and I haven't come close to what I'm looking for.

I need taste. I may be doing it wrong, admittedly I'm not the best grower, but I'd consider myself competent. What would you recommend for strong flavor???

Copperfield

if it is true, that ny uptown haze is NL5hz, then it is huge disappointment.. and its all hype... there are much better hazes out there... if it is true then you can just buy pack of mns mango haze and you will get much better plants than any NL5hz... less leafy too.

Dm me MK.... I need me a fire haze to grow n my 7 gal recirc system.... I won’t disappoint ya.... I still got a few weeks left on my super silver.... I’m likening this thread.... wish I woulda seen this sooner... nobody in my area dabbles with it much more but I still like to keep her in the Bull pen....
picture.php

Happy holidays everyone!!!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
i wouldnt say ny uptown haze is "NL5hz" but that they are related somewhere some how is very possible.. on another note depending what block you shop'd at then the "uptown haze" might be different to you then what it is to the next man.. :tiphat:

as far as finding better haze... very few and i mean VERY few people have the patience to run a true haze full term. That black haze at 120daze is not for the weak hearted :petting::laughing:

you right man. I didnt say NL5haze is bad smoke, too far from the best haze in the world though. I thought that it is something I know, and I always thought piff is something else.. according to descriptions.. here in Europe we were never satisfied with NL5haze and everybody crossed it with everything to improve mainly the taste. so we have super lemon haze, amnesia, nebula etc..

so if piff is NLhaze, I am not buying these overpriced piff seeds, which are appearing here and there, and just pop mango haze seeds I have, as it is practically the best bred NLhaze line out there imo..

on the other hand, I keep hearing folks from Nyc use to say, that anything they smoke in A´dam cant come close to nyc uptown - in this case it should be different than NLhaze and something better? then it could be interesting for me..

edit: no NLhaze goes for 120 days, it is not NLhaze then...

asher1er

Veteran

Seriously I've had all types of piff growing up in jersey. Incense, pleathery, catpissy, etc. It's the reason I started growing. I was tired of paying $20 for .6s or $500/oz.

I have some A5S1 from Karma I'm growing now that leaves a good holiday smell in the air - think mulling spices and cedar. It doesn't have the taste, tho. 14 weeks.

I've grown probably close to 50 "haze" phenos from cuts and seeds, from super silver, mango, diesel haze, a5, etc and I haven't come close to what I'm looking for.

I need taste. I may be doing it wrong, admittedly I'm not the best grower, but I'd consider myself competent. What would you recommend for strong flavor???

I been following piffcoastfarms work for a lil bit now and he def has some fire in that stable! Im willing to bet it’ll be hard to not find some keepers in his packs :joint:

Also get with $m fam, I believe he can still get to the black haze cut I sent out to the fam in the early 2k’s :tiphat: :joint:

:plant grow:

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
you right man. I didnt say NL5haze is bad smoke, too far from the best haze in the world though. I thought that it is something I know, and I always thought piff is something else.. according to descriptions.. here in Europe we were never satisfied with NL5haze and everybody crossed it with everything to improve mainly the taste. so we have super lemon haze, amnesia, nebula etc..

so if piff is NLhaze, I am not buying these overpriced piff seeds, which are appearing here and there, and just pop mango haze seeds I have, as it is practically the best bred NLhaze line out there imo..

on the other hand, I keep hearing folks from Nyc use to say, that anything they smoke in A´dam cant come close to nyc uptown - in this case it should be different than NLhaze and something better? then it could be interesting for me..

edit: no NLhaze goes for 120 days, it is not NLhaze then...

doubt its anything dutch man no nl5/haze imo maybe a pure haze that's been around since the haze brothers

Happy Times

Also, no personal experience but Top Dawg had a bunch of strains I saw that were along Piffy lines, the New Carpet sounded real nice to me

I was peeping them over at Speakeasy

choom

The haze in the USA has been improving since the 70's. Old or new. I love it

with the handful of old beans I recently acquired, some were chocolate thai, and chocolate thai crosses, and chocolate thai X goji OG....I am hoping that whenever I am able to properly utilize this gear I can find some really nice pure sativa and sativa leaning hybrid phenos

Truehazefan617

Yep, this is my top 5haze type from my Deisel OG crosses right now, and it is a total haze high, mellower and less paranoia than from my 5hzs, not as strong, but still way stronger than any non haze deisel or OG, loudest frankincense pheno, insane. It's like imagine the super loud smell of SD, except instead of that SD fuelly funky smell, it was straight incensey fuel, with bone dry stems, it smokes like hash, a little goes a long way, instead of breaking up it just kind of smears.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Bro i need this . This looks like some real deal haze i just ran a super silver haze grow me and my buddy and it resembles the piff smells its still curing but i gotta say your beats mines im trying to find that classic 2009 haze taste man ! Please update me where can i try some of this haze of yours

Truehazefan617

Few plants I have going now

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The redline haze describes exactly how the boston piff usto taste like , soapy churchy smell and taste of str8 piff on the inhale and sourrubber or leather on the exhale . Best stuff on earth i gotta know what strains and where can i get seeds of this bro please

Truehazefan617

Very Good point Asher,
NL5hz is so many things, it's pretty clear that the NYC hazes started with 5hz, but they evolved from there, don't worry about MAHA, he ain't from the east coast, or even the USA for that matter, and he had a bad experience with 5hz and now he thinks it's just for "herion addicts" only. He thinks hazes that are not all nice light, up euphoric types of highs are fake, and he believes that the extreme potency and heaviness of the 5haze stock comes from Northern lights...
I tried to explain that NL is not what makes 5hz so strong it's the interaction between the Columbians and Thai lines within the haze, and NL just allows these phenos to shine, but all he does is insult me.

Anyway there are a lot of folks who act hostilely even violently towards these types of extreme hazes, and those involved with them because they just can't handle them. I have had plenty of people accuse me of lacing my hazes, and most people don't like them. I have found that there are a lot of heads out there that would rather insult the weed, and pretend there is something "wrong" or "bad" about it, then admit that it's just too strong for them. You called it, these types of hazes are not for everybody. :smoker:

picture.php

From one haze fanatic to another is there anywhere specific i can get a cut or some seeds of this 120 day runner ? The haze that usto come around usto easily go for 500/oz back in 2010 and im sure it came from dominicans from miami or nyc but it was the best stuff around