What's new

Perpetual Projects

MedScientist

my favorite strain is bubba kush i grew around 2005. right now chemdog is my favorite. i think it is the best strain i have found for ptsd. i read a long time ago that combat vets were able to overcome their trauma from the smell of diesel fuel from tanks by smoking chemdog and changing that smell into a positive thing. it completely balances me out, very meditational. real og kush does that also, the piney lemony earthy stuff but i havent seen it in a long time. here everything labeled as og has that musty cardboard smell. the legend og i have smells like pure gasoline like 93 octane with a citrusy orange smell. it reminds me of when youve been working on a car and you have gas and oil on your hands and you wash them with that orange hand cleaner gojo stuff. it also has a meditational high. so i think what i have read about legend being og crossed with chemdog is probably true. sour diesel is also up there in my favorites, i used to grow it until i got busted in 2010 and all i could think about was losing my prized genetics. sour diesel used to make the dankest dry sift hash that would stink up a whole room just from opening the bag. the sour diesel i had was foxtaily, lanky, and low yielding, but pure fuel and what i used to call garlicky fish batter, but now that i have my chemdog i heard someone refer to that smell as being like a pencil eraser, and that fits. i hope i get a pheno like that in these west coast sour seeds from twenty20. i learned how to grow in california in 2004 when the very first dispensaries opened, and i used to get a lot of stuff from humboldt and oregon. however, what i am searching for is something that has a pure happy uplifting high. one time i got some mexican sinsemilla back in the day that was lightly compressed, neon green, orange hairs, and it was a pure happy high and tasted like sweet candy, just like sugary. i grew something like that when i moved to colorado from a bagseed and it was just a pure happy summer time high. i called that one "summer time kush" but now i think it must have been a haze. i think the mexican happy stuff i had might have been colombian red. im hoping i can find something like that or unlock it with the thcv from the luxors hashberry and the bluishberry seems promising, so i need to keep popping those seeds and searching. one strain i do not like is trainwreck. for some reason i just do not enjoy the flavor or the high, but most people love it. i wish i could remember the names of some of the strains we used to get, there was one i think called blue lotus or something lotus, and it was more on that happy spiritual tip. that was around 2005. i think golden goat might be on that happy spiritual side of things, or reclining buddha. nowadays all you can find is cookies and cake type stuff here but the chem family is still available, like gorilla glue, stardawg, etc.
i definitely need a variety, but right now chemdog is my go-to. this pheno was the last seed i popped from a pack of 6 from greenhouse and 3 of those had the same structure but not the smell or flavor at all. two of the seedlings got eaten by a rat or a mouse and those were probably dank lol. i had given up on greenhouse completely because all my cheese seeds from them were duds and the chems were all random, so i had to reveg the chemdog when i realized it was a real chemdog. a few of the cheeses had the smell and the one i made seeds with had a really happy and medicinal high that instantly killed headaches, but they all made small buds, so im working through my cheese backcrosses to develop a good producing and cheesy cheese. ive grown real skunk back in the day and that one was similar in high to the cheese. really heavy indica, eyelids weighed down. who knew skunk would be so hard to find now. ive had real catpiss also and i think that was another skunk variety, i always thought skunk created blueberry, catpiss, and cheese, so thats why i got seeds for cheese and chemdog, to try to bring out all of those old school flavors out of the genetics. i also really enjoyed orange crush when i grew it, and cali o was really good back in the day.
so as of right now out of my stable i would say chemdog, but i am hopeful to get a good sour diesel. i gave up a long time ago on bubba kush ever coming back into my life, but twenty20 mendocino's femme fatale is the closest thing ive grown to bubba kush since then.
one time i grew a plant that smelled exactly like tuna. i thought i had fed my cats and didnt wash my hands or something, but i flowered it out again and it smelled exactly like a hot tuna sandwich. i didnt keep that one for obvious reasons lol.
ive grown master kush also and it was so strong after a hit or two it was actually difficult to smoke more because it was so intense and narcotic.
but chemdog never disappoints. i could smoke chemdog for the rest of my life. i really like this legend og but i would love to have a more lemony piney one like sfv og or triangle kush. i think legend has more of an old school gassy earthy flavor.
oh and 707 headband. i grew that in colorado and a guy begged me to grow in his garage and said it was the best weed hed ever smoked. it was like chemdog and og and sour diesel combined.
what about you? what part of the spectrum of cannabis does your brain and palate gravitate to?
WooHoo!

That answer was alot to take in all at once... sober! 😎 Once I Medicated, it flowed like... IDK, something easy, hehehe!

I am impressed with your Palette, and your ability to REMEMBER the qualities of each strain! I don't have that Gift.

I started growing the 1st day Michigan went Medical, late 2008. I happened upon a clone of Sour Strawberry, I was told it was a Strawberry Cough x NYC Sour Diesel mix. It had that Pure Happy Uplifting Clear Headed high! I harvested at 8 to 9 weeks, don't really remember the taste, but it was pleasant and smooth! No couch lock, but you could relax if you wanted to, or jump up and mow the lawn. Had a Great distraction from pain and anxiety! I wish I still had it! It grew Fantastic, and needed and Loved training! Nice size Buds too! If I ever make seeds on purpose, that would be it!

I ran Chemdog for a while and Loved it! My Trainwreck grew small popcorn buds, wasn't special enough. The MOST Narcotic was Papaya, couldn't give it away to my Patients. I call it a mind eraser, which could be awesome for Stress!

phatkidgenetics

WooHoo!

That answer was alot to take in all at once... sober! 😎 Once I Medicated, it flowed like... IDK, something easy, hehehe!

I am impressed with your Palette, and your ability to REMEMBER the qualities of each strain! I don't have that Gift.

I started growing the 1st day Michigan went Medical, late 2008. I happened upon a clone of Sour Strawberry, I was told it was a Strawberry Cough x NYC Sour Diesel mix. It had that Pure Happy Uplifting Clear Headed high! I harvested at 8 to 9 weeks, don't really remember the taste, but it was pleasant and smooth! No couch lock, but you could relax if you wanted to, or jump up and mow the lawn. Had a Great distraction from pain and anxiety! I wish I still had it! It grew Fantastic, and needed and Loved training! Nice size Buds too! If I ever make seeds on purpose, that would be it!

I ran Chemdog for a while and Loved it! My Trainwreck grew small popcorn buds, wasn't special enough. The MOST Narcotic was Papaya, couldn't give it away to my Patients. I call it a mind eraser, which could be awesome for Stress!
that strawberry cough sour diesel mix sounds awesome! the gran champ has strawberry sour d in it.

i wish i remembered more. i remembered some other strains i wanted to mention but since then forgot what they were, its been what two weeks since i last posted on here? lol. like you said it was a lot and you got the gist of what i was trying to say. wow 2008 feels so long ago. makes me feel like where i live is so far behind. i cant stop growing though and like i said its a medical necessity here with how bad the dispensary stuff is. even when it was a bad idea i was stealth growing inside hollowed out dressers and computer cases and buckets and trash cans.

nug shots. apple fritter chopped day 56
9812FB93-7B66-4248-A5D9-9E98552BC45C.jpeg

bluishberry #4
gassy dense pheno
decided im finding a male from bb#4 and a female from bb#1 (blueberry hash plant pheno) for the f3, but i guess it would be more like an ibl?
6BDEA2F3-B08F-43A8-BB62-44E90B10B82A.jpeg

bluishberry #7 (mac 1 pheno. amazing high from this one)
IMG_9162.jpeg

legend og day 51. chopped. about 5-10% amber. i think it finished fast because it adapted to my environment and also i only do 11.5 hours lights on
IMG_9237.jpeg

the stonington blend soil is amazing. i thought this was mold but it is definitley mycelium. it even smells mushroomy.
IMG_9239.jpeg

the next legend og in week 5 i think. you can see where i sprayed with organic bug spray in week 2 or so it left a shinyness to the leaves. hasnt been super happy because of the thrips but theyre gone now i think.
IMG_9240.jpeg

the unknown week 4
IMG_9243.jpeg

bluishberry kush week 1
IMG_9244.jpeg

and the weat coast sour diesel gassy pheno in the front week 1
IMG_9245.jpeg

sour diesel is stretching like crazy. i topped it once. so thats a good sign because real sour diesel does that.

my genetic map of the bluishberry gameplan
B2FF0541-C132-466E-9506-DC8B489B642D.jpeg