What's new

Perpetual Projects

phatkidgenetics

twenty20 mendocino gran chanpagne (strawberry sour d pheno) day 45 i think. last / first run i chopped at day 47 so thinking should be done by day 56. def growing slower due to the cold but we made it through the worst of it now.
IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7653.jpeg
IMG_7652.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

bluishberry day 31
three phenos are looking pretty uniform now
bb1 had the most blueberry smell and grew vertical like a male in veg
bb2 is viney like the blueberry cupcake x mac1 mom
bb3 is in a 3 gallon and the others are in 7 gallons. bb3 i guess is kind of in the middle of the other two. it is tall and thick stems, and not viney but not bushy either but thats probably because of the pot that its in. it stretched more than the other two, vertically, but bb2 stretched into vines.
IMG_7674.jpeg
IMG_7673.jpeg
IMG_7672.jpeg
IMG_7671.jpeg
IMG_7670.jpeg
IMG_7669.jpeg
IMG_7668.jpeg

bb1 top left bb2 top right bb3 bottom middle

and here are a couple of bagseeds i grew in colorado in the winter in a garage with about 200 watts of led bulbs from the dollar tree. i remember getting at least 2 oz and being disappointed by that but looking back that wasnt bad. i had to grow it in a garage with a space heater and a heat mat. glad this freeze is over now everything should be easier for a couple weeks.
IMG_7664.png

edit: idky that says july 2020 lol. maybe it was another round but i dont remember. 2020 was really rough. anyway,
cheers

Last edited:

phatkidgenetics

gran champagne day 49 with my fujifilm camera
IMG_7706.jpeg
IMG_7704.jpeg
IMG_7703.jpeg

and a couple days ago with my phone
IMG_7681.jpeg

chemdog day 21 phone camera already showing the trademark splotchiness. experimenting with feeding it more fish and seaweed this time and its staying green but the splotchiness did start showing up already
IMG_7679.jpeg
IMG_7678.jpeg

and finally blimburn legend og day 15
IMG_7680.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

spent a few hours defoliating everything tonight. chemdog is looking the healthiest ive had it so far i think because im staying on top of watering and feeding. i think im finally getting that dialed in after watering improperly for like a year. day 27 and i dont think its been this full this early yet. this is only the fourth time ive run it i think.
before and after defoliating:
IMG_7745.jpeg
IMG_7744.jpeg

the dirty martini auto is in the corner next to it. since i pulled the gran champagne i put the auto in there to finish up. it was on 24 hours to combat the cold and it was just really unhappy so this should trigger it to finish.

and my bluishberries after a heavy defoliation at day 31. bb1 top left definitely smells the most like the blueberry cupcake x mac 1 mom so thats most likely the keeper since my goal is to keep the blueberry flavor but hopefully get some thcv and better structure.
IMG_7743.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

bluishberry day 35
IMG_7770.jpeg
IMG_7771.jpeg

legend og day 25
IMG_7772.jpeg

dirty martini auto now been on 12/12 for a week or so. greened back up and hopefully finishing soon. seems cold weather and 24 hours light it just stopped growing but now its looking healthy again.
IMG_7773.jpeg

chemdog day 31 still looking nice and green and full. the brown splotchiness hasn't progressed any more yet. still trying to keep her green up to week 10 if i can. i think that trademark chem 91 splotchiness is phosphorous. i think phosphorus is needed from seedling to harvest and isnt talked about as much as nitrogen.
IMG_7774.jpeg

the trunks for the legend and chem are bigger than my thumb
IMG_7775.jpeg
IMG_7776.jpeg

and the three afghan kushes from seeds mafia starting to go through some vigorous growth now that theyve had warmth and more air exchange. they all look distinct so will be interesting to see the difference post harvest. the first photo resembles chem in veg so from the seeds mafia website it says this is afghan kush x og so maybe that one is more og than the other two. of the two autoflowers of afghan kush i had, the more sativa dominant one is really good. i find myself enjoying the smoke from that more than the legend right now tbh.
IMG_7779.jpeg
IMG_7780.jpeg
IMG_7781.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

dried bud shots
gran champagne
IMG_7768.jpeg
IMG_7767.jpeg

legend og
5827D955-7662-4A1F-B78E-A40CF786CE6F.jpeg

afghan kush auto sativa pheno
IMG_7805.jpeg

the afghani did get some nice purpling on some of the buds but its hard to see after curing
the afghani also had a few nanners and i have at least one seed on my bluishberry #2 so that is exciting. the nanners are definitely my fault for stressing it out in the corner of the veg area since its an auto and my room is drafty and we had that wicked cold snap

phatkidgenetics

cold press hash from legend og, chemdog, and gran champagne
IMG_7879.jpeg

dirty martini auto is still going even after being on 12/12 for a couple of weeks now. i think it will outlive me! its gotta be 120 days or something by now
IMG_7880.jpeg

legend og day 33 starting to show that classic og calyx structure
IMG_7882.jpeg
IMG_7881.jpeg

chemdog day 39 staying green no more splotchiness so far! gonna be the best batch yet. it threw some nanners which is a fantastic thing for me :)
IMG_7884.jpeg
IMG_7883.jpeg

and my bluishberries day 43 with a closeup of the blueberry pheno that has a bit of a lemon poppyseed smell. possible contender for my new frostiest strain. blueberry lemon poppyseed pheno is the keeper and already backed up in clone.
IMG_7886.jpeg
IMG_7885.jpeg

afghan kush next to chemdog in veg. this pheno is probably og dominant. afghani is in the back chem is front left.
IMG_7887.jpeg

and the other two afghani phenos with femme fatale in the middle.
IMG_7888.jpeg

thats a lemon tree in the back and a legend og clone in the solo cup.

also got a bag of california poppy seeds germinating in that empty looking pot

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
What do you think of the 20twenty stuff? I’ve got a bubba whip at 8 weeks and it looks almost ready but I’m trying to give em all another week or so to let the headband finish

phatkidgenetics

What do you think of the 20twenty stuff? I’ve got a bubba whip at 8 weeks and it looks almost ready but I’m trying to give em all another week or so to let the headband finish
the femme fatale from them was a lot like bubba and the frostiest and most top shelf strain i grew last winter or whenever it was. their strains are usually fast finishers but i let them keep going like you are. it looked finished like 2 weeks before i chopped it iirc. their gran champagne is a huge crowd pleaser among my family. personally i like chem and og and afghani and stuff like that but my family are raving about the gran champagne. it is extremely potent. so if youre looking for modern flavor and bag appeal and potency they are the winners in my garden. i just like that old school funk and right now my favorite is the afghani because it makes me motivated to clean and get work done.

phatkidgenetics

I did things a bit differently this morning. I wrote things down on paper and took photos with my fujifilm again.
It's getting a bit disorganized in this thread so maybe this will work a little bit better.
I spent the morning working on the veg room. I still have to do more training but i did a lot of defoliating and took some cuts. I got this dome from the dollar tree for sprouting seeds the other day, and some morning glories and california poppies, and the morning glories are sprouting, but the dome should keep my cuts organized and separate so i stop knocking them over with the spray wand and my big ass.

I'll just loosely quote my notes and add stuff:
Trimmed all inner leaves that trap moisture. Mold and mildew spores are omnipresent here, and it also prevents other pests and pathogens. I learned a long time ago battling spider mites and also recently battling PM to get rid of all the leaves in the middle that touch each other.
All the plants are happy due to the warm weather we've had recently. We only basically had that one short vicious cold snap this year but we are getting another one this coming week. But they are all looking like juveniles, so perfect time to defoliate and train. Also I have been watering better (I know i was neglecting some of them and it's hard to tell in my veg area if they're fully watered. I plan to get a veg tent one of these days so it's more organized and easier on my back.) I've also been giving them more airflow.
I need to get worms from my yard. I have a ton of worms all over my yard under the fall leaves that I let overwinter to fertilize my yard. When I let leaves decay on my soil I start to get problems, so if I add worms to the pots it will probably help.
I'm also gonna start another worm bin. I need to keep it in a separate area from my living area until it gets established and I'm going to add mycorrhizae to help keep anything bad from growing.
I did the "twobud" technique I saw some weird youtube video about called "old school master grower blah blah blah" and this guy said he "twobuds" his plants. Basically I just remove any little small stuff especially because of these LEDs they don't get any light past the canopy really. But the idea is anything up to two buds up the stem is stripped, and I did that with my chemdog in veg this past round and it is looking really good in flower, for many reasons, but these more old school strains especially benefit from that tek i think.
I'm trying to reveg the gran champ but only because all my family loves it, and it had some green stuff that wasnt "twobudded" that I gave a chance. I was using whatever leftover fert water I had though sometimes, and I burned it a little bit, so it might not make it, but it's still got some green so there's still a chance. I'll just give it plain water now.
I also fimmed the Femme Fatale #2 and I ate the tip of the meristem and it was really delicious. I wasn't expecting that. It was really sweet and tasty at first then after a long while it turned nice and spicy.

These photos were taken while I still have more training and stuff to do.

Femme Fatale in the center. Afghan Kush #2 on the left and Afghan Kush S on the right.
DSCF6493.JPG

My avocado tree has some fresh growth.
DSCF6496.JPG

The dollar tree clone dome
DSCF6498.JPG

Afghani S in front, Legend OG clones that are established and a Bluishberry clone that I knocked over with my big ass on the right of those but it should be ok. It has some good roots. Femme Fatale back right, Afghani #2 in the mid back, Chemdog on the left.
DSCF6499.JPG

Chemdog
DSCF6495.JPG

Will be back later. I also started mailing off seeds for my tester squad. I sent off some Cheese x Assorted Chocolates BX1, Runtz Auto x Luxor's Hashberry F1 (Runtzberry Fast Version), and Luxor's Hashberry F2, to Ohio, and my friend there did a great job last year, so I told them to try light dep and get multiple harvests this year with these because they should all be 8 weeks or less and they can start them now and get them big.

Last edited:

phatkidgenetics

and back to my phone for the flower room

IMG_7916.jpeg

dirty martini auto still going. it has some really larfy stuff around the bottom like maybe i can harvest the tops and let it keep growing the bottom stuff soon.
just looked at it with the scope and it isnt even close yet. at least another week or two still.

IMG_7915.jpeg

legend og day 35

IMG_7914.jpeg

chemdog day 41. a little bit yellowing on some lower leaves but still staying green. i bet it will start looking ugly around day 56. def going to be my best batch yet. really stacked this time.

IMG_7913.jpeg

afghan kush #1. day 2. this one is the most og looking one. the other two phenos have that old school look to them with big wavy leaves. threw it into flower to make sure i have something coming in april. needs defoliating and lollipopping.

IMG_7912.jpeg

that whole tent

IMG_7911.jpeg
IMG_7910.jpeg

bluishberries 1-3 from top left. day 45. smells so amazing. i def thing this was an improvement on the blueberry cupcake x mac 1 pheno they came from.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
forgive me for not reading thru the entire thread, I was wondering if you've tried 20twenty mendicino's girl crush...don't know that they sell a finer herb that that lineage...I liked it so much I bought the balance of their F1 beans...your gran champagne looks to die for...

phatkidgenetics

forgive me for not reading thru the entire thread, I was wondering if you've tried 20twenty mendicino's girl crush...don't know that they sell a finer herb that that lineage...I liked it so much I bought the balance of their F1 beans...your gran champagne looks to die for...
hey, thanks, no worries it's a lot. i have not. the femme fatale is curve breaker x girl crush. i don't know what either of those are like, but i keep hearing great things about girl crush. the femme fatale reminds me a lot of like a platinum bubba kush, and bubba kush is my all time favorite strain. the gran champagne was good, but the femme fatale was on another level imo. i just had a really good run of the gran champagne i think.

Reactions: Boo

phatkidgenetics

crossposted from a different thread but ammendment to my last post:

my keeper pheno of my bluishberry (blueberry cupcake x mac1) x luxor's hashberry thcv
first run of this f1 then have to find a male to make f2. looks like it will be great for hash. hopefully it makes decent sized flowers too and not just big frosty leaves :)
IMG_7917.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Boo

phatkidgenetics

flowering tents

i wanted to be more clear about my chemdog. it is a sour diesel smelling phenotype i got from a pack of greenhouse seeds. it is def one of the best examples of chemdog i have smoked, but i cant say for certain ive had the skunkva cut, but back in the 00s i was very connected and would get the best chemdog, sour diesel, and og in the southwest united states.
from the photos ive seen on here and stuff it really looks like chem 91, but back in the day all i know is what we got was called chemdog, and this one is as good as or better than the versions i used to get back then. it really reminds me of the sour diesel i used to grow but not as pungent or potent. tbh this is all i could have hoped for from a seed version of chemdog, and out of the pack of seeds from greenhouse, this was the only phenotype that reminded me of legit chemdog, after i had given up on finding a decent pheno.
with all of that said, i also want to clarify my legend og, it was a white label seed from blimburn seeds. i have no reference for the real legend og, but this one just has an old school funky earthy kush smell with a bit of orange citrusy, so its like a watered down version of the 707 headband i used to grow, but more earthy and funky b.o.
i dont think im going to keep the legend much longer and i want to hunt for another one like sfv or tahoe og, like the piney slightly lemon og we used to get in the early 2ks
chemdog day 47. going to try to go to day 77. last 3 times i went to day 70. it has never looked as healthy and usually doesnt even fatten up until after day 56 so im excited. just now starting to yellow and the phosphorus deficiency i usually see has been almost non existent so far.
IMG_7969.jpeg
IMG_7970.jpeg

legend og day 41. it is looking skinny but hopefully fattens up in the next two weeks. it was done done by day 55 the past couple of times. already showing some amber trichomes.
IMG_7973.jpeg

dirty martini auto. finally showing slight ambering like the legend is. about a week left i think maybe a little more. day 144. it did not like being on 24 hours and cold temps but finally finishing up after being on 12/12 a couple of weeks or so.
IMG_7972.jpeg

seeds mafia afghan kush day 6. im adding the chemdog in veg after recovering from my training and defoliating from last week to show how similar they look and the afghan kush even has a chem (diesel) smell to it.
IMG_7971.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

i decided today that my veg plants are potassium deficient. it looks like light burn but going to start giving them more potassium and i top dressed with some amended soil ive been cooking. they also live in a drafty corner so they have ph swings because of it.

and finally in flower, my bluishberries. day 51. i removed all of my heat mats for my flowering plants so they purple up. they seem to still be plagued with small buds like the blueberry cupcake x mac 1 mom, so thinking about if i should go down the f2 road with the most blueberry smelling one and a male, or if i should mix in some fresh genes like maybe reverse my chem. i have about a dozen more bluishberry seeds so im probably going to hunt through them.
IMG_7967.jpeg
IMG_7968.jpeg
IMG_7966.jpeg