What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

OK, this is weird...

I'm thinking that there are no buffers in distilled water so the water would quickly and easily change it's PH when poured on the plant?

PS... I wouldn't call that "slightly acidic".

That's a lot!!

PCBuds

Use your ppm meter. If you have a scale, weigh up the amounts before you add them, then measure ppm. Shoot for 1EC (500ppm on my scale) for small plants in veg. As the plants get bigger, increase to 650ppm, then get up to 750ppm at start of flower. This will give you headroom to add 100ppm or so of cal/mag or epsom salts, and/or another 100ppm to 150ppm of bloom booster in later flower. Be sure to get ample runoff, then measure runoff. If the runoff it too high, water more, and consider lowering the ppms a bit. If the runoff is too low you know the plant can take more food. It's very strain dependent, so you have to gauge the plant. Indicas will often want more food, and sativas less. Hybrids are sometimes tricky, especially when they look Indica in veg, and then Sativa in flower.

Thanks indagrove.
I copied that to my home screen.

PCBuds

The Dragonfly is back.

Look at the smile on his face. Lol

My outdoor plants are looking good.

This one has freckles now. Lol

I was spraying bleach to try to combat the mosquitoes and the leaves caught some overspray.

There are lots of dragonflies around.
They should help with pest control.

PCBuds

I'll keep that in mind.
I've been trying everything, bleach, concentrated garlic oil, burning coffee trays (the paper/cardboard ones), cursing at them, not showering, drinking alcohol, not drinking alcohol, holding my breath, etc.

I might get one of these.?? Lol

PCBuds

I do use this stuff. It stops them from biting but if I use too much of it, I start getting dizzy. Lol

The Muskol is 20 years old.
It's 97% DEET. It kicks ass. But it has been banned.

30% is the new legal limit so we don't get brain damage. Lol

indagroove

Veteran
Neem spray seems to work fairly well to keep mosquitoes away, and it's also good for fungal issues in the garden. I buy the neem concentrate, and use 2 Tbsp/gallon in a pump sprayer. I also buy beneficial nematodes once or twice a year, and spray those all over the yard. Problem is, even with those and BTI you can still get mosquitoes coming from a few houses over.

PCBuds

I checked eBay and Amazon for BTI and everything is out of stock.

I'll check my local hardware stores.

Same with the neem spray.

PCBuds

My outdoor plant in the milk crate was looking kinda droopy so I checked the soil and it was pretty dry so I watered it. (nutes and calmag).

It only took about 20 minutes to perk right up.
You could almost watch the leaves standing back up.

PCBuds

... Shoot for 1EC (500ppm on my scale) for small plants in veg. ... If the runoff it too high, water more, and consider lowering the ppms a bit. If the runoff is too low you know the plant can take more food..

What kind of ppm should aim for in the runoff?
What would considered be too high/low?

PCBuds

I decided to lower my lights a bit.

She's looking pretty good!!

A little scrawny but happy.

I don't think she needs big fan leaves.
She's got tons of light.

Latest posts

Latest posts