What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

My"SiP reservoir" was starting to smell like sewage. Lol

So I changed it.
No molasses this time. Just the nutes and tap water.

PCBuds

Very nice, PCBuds. Those stems are really purpling up!

Yeah, I don't think the purple stems are necessarily a bad thing but I guess it's a sign of stress and she is hermed so I guess it would have been better to avoid it.

It does look kinda cool though and I think I'm going to get some half-decent buds and seeds from her.

PCBuds

I'm getting anxious to chop it down so I can start over but I still have a lot of clear trichs so I'll give it more time.

PCBuds

Yeah the plant is fricken covered in crap. It's got enough fur on it to make a small cat.

I'm going to wash them like what you mentioned.

So, as per your recipe... How many teaspoons in a squirt and how much baking soda? Lol

Bajsons recipe is about 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 3 teaspoons of lemon juice per liter.
I think that's more than what you use.

I am probably overthinking it though.

Swanson

Yea I'm going to suggest you do more research and careful measuring than I did. It might end up lemon scenting you stuff at some point.
I just dumped soda out of box and lemon juice out of plastic lemon until I saw fit.
:tiphat:

PCBuds

Yeah, good idea.

I've got a whole bottle of Real Lemon and a 50 lb. bag of food-grade baking soda and I have real tendency to overdo things.

I have a hard time fine-tuning things, I just turn the dials all the way until things end up dead. Lol

PCBuds

Here we go...

I'm not going to buy 15 gallons of bottled water though. F-that.
Tap water it is!!

Really easy numbers too. 1/4 cup of each and a five-gallon bucket.

I might even remember even though I'm all wasted and stoned right now.
Then I don't have to spend an hour searching through my own scattered thread for info. Lol

I could delete 3/4 of my posts and still have a thread full of crap. Lol

q3corn

Hey nice job you found a recipe! I think those numbers sound good.

I really like that they recommend 3 buckets, 2 for rinsing. That makes a lot of sense. Don't want any sugars from the lemon juice stuck to the bud!

PCBuds

Hey nice job you found a recipe! I think those numbers sound good.

I really like that they recommend 3 buckets, 2 for rinsing. That makes a lot of sense. Don't want any sugars from the lemon juice stuck to the bud!

I was thinking of a baking soda residue??

But there's two rinses after the first dunk so all of that should rinse off.

PCBuds

I thought I'd do an experiment and stick a bud into straight h2o2.

It seems fine.

I dunked it for about 30 seconds then hung it up to dry.

I'll check the trichs when it dries and see if they look melted or missing.

I forgot the before picture of the trichs but I'll try to remember the after pictures.

No bubbles at all that I noticed but I'm pretty sure if it had mold or bugs I would have seen foaminess.

PCBuds

... Don't want any sugars from the lemon juice stuck to the bud!

I've got the sugar free version...

It says that it's just lemon juice and water though?

I wonder if it's a scam and its just water, citric acid, a few match heads, and food coloring. Lol

PCBuds

What a load of crap...

They just extract the citric acid from 21 lemons then add water and stuff.

Where's the sugar and all the natural healthiness??

Oh well, my version won't rot and I can keep it in the fridge for about 17 years. Lol

PCBuds

The lemon oil as me interested...

I remember reading about adding flavor to the water in the last part of flower to add flavors to the buds.

Does anyone know that if I add extracts of say, almond, mint, anisette, lemon, etc., it will piss off my anaerobic bacteria and screw things up?

I know that the extract is diluted with propylene glycol but I'm guessing the roots won't suck it up and stuff it in the buds but it might give my bacteria brain damage. Lol

Latest posts

Latest posts