What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

indagroove

Veteran
I do have some light leakage but the power bar and its LEDs are outside of the closet.

I had a lot of other stressors going on too.

My next plant is going to be an auto flower.

I think the light leaks are your enemy in this. Won't matter for the autos, but I would try to take care of the leaks for when you do run regulars.

PCBuds

I'm just going to grow autos from now on.

I actually intended to buy auto seeds last time but messed up my order and purchased regular feminized White Widow.

I think I'm going to purchase the mix and match of 10 Auto Feminized seeds next time.
10 different auto flower seeds.

PCBuds

The roots have grown right down and into the nute solution.
(the fat ones in the middle are the shoelace wick.)

I figure the rest of the roots are getting enough oxygen so she can send a few roots down into the liquid without drowning. A bit like a suction hose.

I guess it's a bit like a hydro setup but I don't need to oxygenate the water.

You could probably make a sip container out of any stacking containers.
Clear is nice so you can see the roots and the water line.

PCBuds

My seedling ended up getting way too wet after the transplant.
I had an air gap initially but water drained down and the bottom of the container was touching the water.
She's looking pretty droopy.

So I set the container on another empty container with the wicks hanging down in the hope that gravity would put the excess water out of the plant.
I was figuring the wick might work both ways.

It seems to be working.
The bottom container keeps getting water in it. It's slowing down but still dripping now.

PCBuds

Babies are looking pretty good!

My seedling is looking kinda sad but the water keeps draining out.

I like to think my lack of concern and attention is just hardening off my plant.
A form of LST?

Even if she herms, I don't care.

I get fem seeds and some pretty fine tasting weed that gets me stoned.

I remember reading that if it herms they just collect the seeds and throw-away the rest of the plant.

I'm getting pretty good weed along with some pretty tough seeds.

Laziness if the mother of invention... That and necessity but I don't necessarily care if she makes it. Lol

q3corn

My seedling is looking kinda sad but the water keeps draining out.

I like to think my lack of concern and attention is just hardening off my plant.
A form of LST?

Even if she herms, I don't care.

I get fem seeds and some pretty fine tasting weed that gets me stoned.

I remember reading that if it herms they just collect the seeds and throw-away the rest of the plant.

I'm getting pretty good weed along with some pretty tough seeds.

Laziness if the mother of invention... That and necessity but I don't necessarily care if she makes it. Lol

They can take several days to show recovery, so don't worry. So long as it's green and upright it's got a fighting chance.

You can totally smoke hermie'd weed, just gotta pick the seeds out! I roll spliffs with it since it tends to be a little off-tasting when the plant was fully seeded. I also don't usually flush seeded plants, so that might be part of it

PCBuds

I don't really care if any of my plants die but if my Cat kicked off I would be pretty Damn sad...

She still sleeps with her tongue hanging out.

PCBuds

19.1 volt average with 8.74 total amps.

Watts = V x A = 167 Watts total.

167 Watts x 175 Im/W = 29,225 total lumens.