What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
If it were an LED driver, disconnecting the load would be seen as a drop in current. The driver would use as much voltage as required to reach the current it's meant to produce, so with no load connected, the driver would reach full voltage and sit there.

Thanks for the detailed description. Growmau5 was indeed talking about a constant current Meanwell LED driver.

PCBuds

I spent the day fartin around trying to figure out how to set up the wires and the Wago connectors.

At first, I thought I was going to put the Wagos' in the ceiling but then I thought I wouldn't be able to reach them if I ever needed to access them.

Then I thought I should mount the Wagos to the wall first at a workable height then run all the wires to and from them.

I couldn't just stick the connectors to the film so I put a couple of staples through the wall and then used some hot glue to stick the Wagos to the wall.

lt worked pretty good. 👍

The solid core 14 AWG wires were being hard to deal with and were springing all over the place so I tried a staple and some glue...

I was nervous about stapling the wires directly to the walls for fear of driving the staple right through to the copper or not having it tight enough and the wire slips around.

It worked...

PCBuds

I got the Wagos installed in the other corner as well...

They are 5-way connectors and I've got the 14 gauge house wire feeding the power in, then I'll install three 18 gauge wires into each of the four outputs feeding the 12 strips in each opposite corner.
One wago for positive, one for negative.

I didn't get much done today but it's better than screwing up and taking three days to fix it. Lol 😆

PCBuds

EDIT: My walls are looking a little sparse, maybe another couple dozen strips will fill the empty spots... Lol ��

Last edited:

PCBuds

Things are coming along...

I've got the PSUs wired up to the contactor, timer and surge protector.

I still have to wire up the new outlet and all the 18 AWG wires but the 14 AWG is done.

PCBuds

Thanks. :tiphat:

The stuff wasn't too expensive and I think it's pretty cool.

Now to see if it'll grow a plant. Lol 😆

I'll sit down and add up all the costs.
I did buy a bunch of stuff that I didn't end up using, so I guess I should add all that up too, so I can see how much money I wasted. Lol

PCBuds

My window plant is looking pretty good !!!

My new 5-way slider arrived...
It works way better. It is kinda tall but it's not an issue where it is unless it wants to grow to 4' tall??

Does the 7-liter bucket keep it smaller than my 34 litre cooler did ?

PCBuds

Hey, Reiko...

What can I do to keep my plant small enough to stay in the window ??

She can get about a foot taller before she outgrows her space.

I want to keep her in veg until about May 24 when I can plant her outside (or parts of her).

Should I remove a bulb... or two, ??

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yes, you can cut the top a few nodes down. If you do this the lower branches will begin growi g bigger and make for a shorter, bushier plant. You could probably even clone that top.

imakandi

hello
PCBuds
i like your thread
thank for sharing
you can keep plant slow growth by cutting big lower green stem leaf

sudden less leaf area, roots must wait, the plant balance of power,
when root/leaf-photosynthesys balance is restore, you can cut again, and repeat
this make thick stem too
make sure you keep top node of branch intact

this for slow down plant, not for big yield lol :)

best luck and thank for sharing